What's up with Carufel?

will munny

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NVM, I found a post about it on Irish Envy. There also is a long post about it in the 4HL but I'm not a member. The gist i get is that he was excused for the week. I wonder if Wenger moves back to guard or if Olsen steps in and plays.

Also, there were several posts on the 4HL about 2 WR's committing. Anyone know anything about that?

Guest IrishGlory

I am pretty sure that there is a misunderstanding somewhere in the Gerell Robinson interview. ND only has 1 WR commited and it is Goodman. I have not heard anything about a second WR "silent" commit.

Guest IrishGlory

sir john - I am not 100% on the Carufel situation, but I would hold off on speculation till the reason comes out. Not sure there is anything to worry about here.

Guest SirJohn

Understood Glory. I was not speculating on the 'reasons' I just said this could not happen at a worse time. (If indeed there ever is a good time.) 6 tough games in, two to go with BC and SC coming to town

Guest IrishGlory

sj - I agree with you my friend. Carufel was playing pretty well in my opinion as well. With these 2 teams coming in, it would certainly be preferable to have all hands on deck.

Guest IrishGlory

I am not going to criticize the kid yet because I don't think we know the whole story. I think it sounds very unusual to me. It also does not mesh with Carufel's own recent comments about fighting hard for his playing time.

Guest IrishGlory

I will say that Carufel is the type of player we simply cannot afford to lose. Plays a position we are thin at, is handling playing time quite well as a soph, has lots of talent, comes from a talent rich high school. Everyone knows I am not one to panic over a kid transferring, but there is no denying that losing Carufel would really hurt, both this year and beyond.

I made a comment after Chris Stewart decided to temporarily leave the team (I didn't know he would come back) about how there has to be more going on with the program than kids just not playing. I got some criticism for that comment as everyone assumed it was just "playing time" related. This latest issue I'm afraid only confirms my fears. If our starting right guard is looking at leaving, what the heck is going on?