GALLUP BRO' HEAVENLY INSPIRED

GwoodND

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest irishrick

nick great story , a hope that Barry gets a chance to do his thing . i wish him and the irish best of luck as you know Boston college is a great team and an UPSET WOULD BE GREAT. go irish .

At the end of the Purdue game, they ran a nice package with a RB from near me (Dan Dierking) who came into the flat to catch several balls, move the chains and help Purdue get their only score. I wonder if we might use Gallup in that way too - based on the practice videos I saw he looked to have great hands. He was a touchdown maker in HS too. Would be nice to see him with some touches tomorrow.

Guest NDgirl09
Looks like Barry will play this weekend.

Wow!

Do you know if it will be on special teams or WR? I say special teams. Good for him and his family.

I thought i read that Barry will play at WR, on Charlie's transcript.

I watched about two and a half quarters of the game, and I don't think I saw him play. I didn't see the 4th and some of the 3rd, but if he didn't play I'm gonna be pissed off. I know he didn't get the ball because I checked the states, so he better have played. Even if he did, we should've got the ball to him somehow.

I can sympathesize with Barry not getting in..

Here's one place where I think Weis needs to learn some psychology for COLLEGE football... What does it hurt to put Gallup in for some packages... it's not like the passing game was ripping it up.

Plus, just getting Gallup out there... his energy could pick-up the offensive side of the ball... because it simply wasn't happening with Jimmy alone out there.

Even if you just throw a slant, or screen, to him... he's going to kill himself to get the extra yard... whether he does or not. I guarantee none of the receivers would have begrudged Gallup getting into the game for a set... they know him, his history... they'd support their boy in this regard.

When calculating who the best 11 are... you have to look, IMO, at

best = talent + consistency + motivation - injured

an abundance in any one of those can compensate for the others...

So, in my books of Talent / Consistency / Motivation / injured.. for BC

grimes ==> = / + / = / --

west ==> = / + / = / =

kamara ==> + / = / = / =

parris ==> + / = / + / = (because Parris wants the ball badly)

tate ==> + / - / + / = (because Tate LOVES ND)

richardson ==> = / = / = / =

gallup ==> = / - / ++ / = (because BC ... it's a no-brainer)

so who do u put out there...

I'd put out Paris, Karmara, Gallup, Tate/West

At least give Gallup the chance... two plays. Especially after Kamara dropped a couple...

IF Barry misses an assignment/route.... then he's out. No hard feelings... no sense of injustice... etc. etc. But now, Gallup will be stewing for at least a couple of weeks.

It's crazy.

Guest gallup21

he said he was backing up Parris...who at first i at least thought didn't have a great game, but turned out to make a few great catches. so that might be a reason why Weis didn't put Barry in?

Guest mpstunner11

Well - Personally I do not see how Gallup fits in our offense. He is short and fast, but so is grimes and west, and Grimes has better hands and West runs better routes. You can see how QBs are much more comfortable throwing to big recievers, ie Kamara and Parris. I am excited to think that Goodman can come in and fill Parris' role when he leaves. Parris seems to play with a chip on his shoulder, which I like. Kamara has a lot of talent and just needs to develop consistency with his routes and his hands. I think we all know that once Tate can prove he can run over the middle he will be a dangerous receiver. I think that we will see kamara, Tate, Grimes, and Parris next year a lot. At TE I really think that Yeatman is going to be a great player, and Ragone should come in too. The hardest thing about right now is that wait til next year mentality that we have.

Well - Personally I do not see how Gallup fits in our offense. He is short and fast, but so is grimes and west, and Grimes has better hands and West runs better routes. You can see how QBs are much more comfortable throwing to big recievers, ie Kamara and Parris. I am excited to think that Goodman can come in and fill Parris' role when he leaves. Parris seems to play with a chip on his shoulder, which I like. Kamara has a lot of talent and just needs to develop consistency with his routes and his hands. I think we all know that once Tate can prove he can run over the middle he will be a dangerous receiver. I think that we will see kamara, Tate, Grimes, and Parris next year a lot. At TE I really think that Yeatman is going to be a great player, and Ragone should come in too. The hardest thing about right now is that wait til next year mentality that we have.

For the record I'm nervous about next year too. These linemen don't just miraculously get better over the summer. Turk and Duncan are cancers to that line IMHO. Our other options are freshman. Yeah, I don't expect much but then again I am the board pessimist. I am however 6-1 this year. I'm not proud of that BTW. I'd much rather be 0-6.

Guest heismancaliber

For the record I'm nervous about next year too. These linemen don't just miraculously get better over the summer. Turk and Duncan are cancers to that line IMHO. Our other options are freshman. Yeah, I don't expect much but then again I am the board pessimist. I am however 6-1 this year. I'm not proud of that BTW. I'd much rather be 0-6.

I think i'd call you the board REALIST