Heisman?

Ray Herring

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "MVP" (if there was one) would go to Mike Hart, the heisman...?

Maybe to Dorsey or Laranitis...or God forbid that rainbow "warrior"? IDK? That QB from UK sucked last week, Ray Rice couldn't pull his team to victory and McNugget looked slow too. Maybe they should cancel it and send Nissan their check back? -Don

I know it won't and probably shouldn't happen, but IF Crum can some how put up equal or better stats like he had against UCLA for the rest of the games, and ND somehow wins out their schedule, then Mo Crum.

I don't want to be attacked, I'm just saying that if Mo Crum can score a td or so each game off of turnovers he creates both pics and fumbles, then why not. I know the award has changed and it would take rediculous stats like 30 total pics and forced/recovered fumbles plus like 20 sacks and at least 8 tds off those turnovers all over a 7 game span...but if the heisman pool stays as it is with each new frontrunner screwing up each week, then why not.

Man If only such stats were possible! A boy can dream can't he?

I would say D.Jackson from Cal will have several opportunites to show his skills against big teams in the pac-10 that actually suck anyway...so i would put my money on him.

The Heisman is such a team award now, but it seems like the top teams dont have one guy who really carries the team. Matt Ryan has to be in the top 3 IMO, maybe the leader is still McFadden. Who knows at this point. Still a lot of football left.

Matt Ryan who we will see this week is having a great year so far. Hopefully we can change that, but at this point he is in the mix. Also, with Cal's start, DeShawn Jackson may be in there, but he will have to have a monster second half to win it as a non-QB or RB from the Pac 10.

Another person is Tebow - as much as I do not like Florida, he did not play himself out of it against LSU. In fact, he talked and then backed it up most of the night.

Right now, I would guess the leader is the QB from Kentucky, I'm not sure of his name....man is tha sad or what. :roll: :roll:

Andre Woodson. Unfortunately, he had his worst game of his career on National TV with everyone watching last week. Unless he performs miracles in his next two games, he is done. BTW, his next 2 games are LSU and Florida. :evil:

It's too bad because he's a great guy and is better than he showed last week. I say flip a coin this year.

I know it won't and probably shouldn't happen, but IF Crum can some how put up equal or better stats like he had against UCLA for the rest of the games, and ND somehow wins out their schedule, then Mo Crum.

I don't want to be attacked, I'm just saying that if Mo Crum can score a td or so each game off of turnovers he creates both pics and fumbles, then why not. I know the award has changed and it would take rediculous stats like 30 total pics and forced/recovered fumbles plus like 20 sacks and at least 8 tds off those turnovers all over a 7 game span...but if the heisman pool stays as it is with each new frontrunner screwing up each week, then why not.

Man If only such stats were possible! A boy can dream can't he?

I would say D.Jackson from Cal will have several opportunites to show his skills against big teams in the pac-10 that actually suck anyway...so i would put my money on him.

Crum for HEISMAN!

I literally had to hold my stomach to keep from laughing so hard

Seriously though, remember we are talking about the HEISMAN TROPHY. Think of what that trophy represents. We need to be keeping the integrity of the award intact here. Think about last year's winner--good player on a great team, a player with mediocre stats that is efficient and doesn't cause his team harm, and at some point in his career committed NCAA violations.

DeShaun Jackson, Darren McFadden, or Mike Hart. I'm sorry, but none of the QBs out there deserve the title as "Best player in college football". We'll get a 1st hand appreciation for Matt Ryan's game, but have we really seen/heard about a game where he carried his team single handedly?

Meanwhile, McFadden is easily the most dimensional player in college football, one who perhaps has the most professional upside at a position that can win the award (come on now, we all know Glen Dorsey would NEVER win the Heisman nowadays, let alone 50 years ago).

Jackson is the one who can point to a "signature game"; Oregon he racked in 160 receiving yards and a pair of scores. Lets not forget the return job he put on Tennessee too. Definitely explosive, but w/ the way the Pac-10 is looking, there are a lot of games in the future that can make or break his campaign too.

As for Hart, the guy played hurt and was the only guy to play real football, even through the fog Michigan was in earlier this season. Still, while I feel he may be the most consistent performer this year in college football, and all around the "best player" that can win the award (again, nobody on the line is gonna win it, and you'd might as well forget about any LBs or DBs this year too), can you honestly envision the award going to a guy who was part of the infamous Appalachian State debacle? That would sorta seem like a tarnished trophy, almost saying, "Nobody took the bull by the horns this year, so you kinda win by default".

I like Jackson, but thats just me. I gotta say I'm pretty tired of seeing RBs and QBs win it each and every year. WR is due if you ask me - still not over Jason White winning it over Larry Fitzgerald.