Trevor Robinson

TheRizz

Offensive lineman Brandon Thompson of The Woodlands, Tex., has committed to the Nebraska Cornhuskers over Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Northwestern, Purdue, Rice and Boise State.

This makes six offensive lineman for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. This does NOT include Trevor Robinson. IF T Robinson commits that would be seven.

Any comments?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, NU has 5 listed as committed per Rivals. Maybe I've been out of it too long, but I tend to believe them.

That said, you don't say no to home grown talent like Trevor if you're NU. You can never get enough O-lineman, plain and simple (see "Tyrone Willingham" for details).

However, it's pretty clear that NU has employed its contingency plan. They're in a position to feel satisfied no matter which way Trevor goes, and they chose to pursue Thompson knowing that it may be viewed by Trevor in a negative light.

You have to see this as a positive for ND's odds. With the way NU has started, juxtaposed to ND's start... to see this recruitment still an open book is a positive sign.

Getting him would be HUGE if you ask me. This year's struggles only go to highlight how dire the need is for OL depth.

I see this as good news for us. I still feel we need one if not two more offensive lineman with this class. With the recent defections I certainly feel we have the schollies for it. In my opinion, we should take 2 OL, 2 WR, and a RB.

As far as Trevor, honestly, I think the longer he waits the better it is for us. Everyone I've seen has interpretted that as a bad sign for us. Here's my reasoning. Why would he hesitate to recommit to NU if he was so sure that's where he wanted to go. I think he is waiting because the longer he waits to annouce for ND, the less grief he will have to deal with in his local community. I'm sure there is a lot of pressure for him to stay in state. I think ND is in his heart and as a result wants to annouce as close to before he leaves as possible. This theory really works if he plans to be an EE.

Just my two cents.

I see this as good news for us. I still feel we need one if not two more offensive lineman with this class. With the recent defections I certainly feel we have the schollies for it. In my opinion, we should take 2 OL, 2 WR, and a RB.

As far as Trevor, honestly, I think the longer he waits the better it is for us. Everyone I've seen has interpretted that as a bad sign for us. Here's my reasoning. Why would he hesitate to recommit to NU if he was so sure that's where he wanted to go. I think he is waiting because the longer he waits to annouce for ND, the less grief he will have to deal with in his local community. I'm sure there is a lot of pressure for him to stay in state. I think ND is in his heart and as a result wants to annouce as close to before he leaves as possible. This theory really works if he plans to be an EE.

I've been relocating and away from the internet for some weeks, if you could elaborate on the " defections." I was only aware of Demetrius Jones after the season opener, with, this years play and tv exposure showing our considerable flaws I would be saddened but not shocked if a few defections were to occur.

You can never get enough O-lineman, plain and simple (see "Tyrone Willingham" for details).

Calves, I checked with Ty -- He disagreed.

Haha... no, he doesn't care what position they play, just so long as his team is filled with "good young men". The rest - i.e. 300 pounders that can block - will take care of itself.

Good educational motto, but... well, lets not go there, and keep it to Trevor.

Given what happened with Carufel, how important is this guy now?

i'd say that getting robinson is very important now but it's hard to say what will happen. right now i don't think it's a lock he'll go to NU becuase they seem to be falling apart. if i were him i'd go to michigan because between UM, ND and NU the wolverines are the only one that does a good job at developing OL.

Given what happened with Carufel, how important is this guy now?

i'd say that getting robinson is very important now but it's hard to say what will happen. right now i don't think it's a lock he'll go to NU becuase they seem to be falling apart. if i were him i'd go to michigan because between UM, ND and NU the wolverines are the only one that does a good job at developing OL.

Except that Carr is probably in his final year and most if not all of his staff may be turned over if he leaves.

Guest kloranger

He also just said that notre dame has 2 commited receivers, so now that is two recruits that have been told the same thing so this may be something to look into.