Thoughts on Brian Smith and Kerry Neal

MikejND

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah these two are playing very well for freshmen and i think they'll be starters going into next year. they do a very good job rushing the passer and a nice job against the run. with fleming coming in next year the OLB position should be in real good shape.

Guest bfabes05

totally agree, these guys will be all american caliber if they continue this progress when they are upperclassman, they just refuse to be stopped when getting to the quarterback

Guest NDgirl09

They are very impressive especially for freshman. I can't wait to see them in the future, and pray that they don't go into a 'sophomore slump'

I kind of expected Neal to play well this year, but I am pleasantly surprised on how well Smith is playing. If we can keep these two healthy for the next three years....watch out.

Exactly my thoughts. I didn't have time to absorb Brian Smith since he came into the fold so quickly. I just assumed he was here because he is a legacy, plus he was "only" going to Iowa. Wow. I'm glad we didn't let this one slip through our fingers!

Brian Smith put a sick move on the UCLA OT in the 4th quarter. Dove inside quickly after setting him up on the outside. Very cool to see.

On a side note our 3-4 scheme was pretty effective on passing situations. It set up the second fumble by Bethel-Whatever that Crum took to the house. We overloaded the left side with Ryan and Crum.

I have no fears about our OLBs for the future, we need to plug some guys in the middle though. Crum really should be playing outside if the horses were there.

When he was recruited, I thought he was going to be an ILB. He's 6'3, 233lb. A full year of conditioning and he could hold it down, I hope.

Guest mpstunner11

Neal is now listed on the depth chart ahead of Vernaglia. Corwin seems to adjust well to new players and isn't afraid to bench veterans, which is good.