Gerell Robinson

TheRizz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not 100% sure why he skipped the ND camp this summer. I thought he still wanted the opportunity to play qb and Arizona was going to give him that chance.

I really like him as an athlete though. Probably a little better than Chris Harper in terms of an athlete.

Just my opinion.

I wonder if we are even in consideration and if so would we offer at this point anyway considering all that has occured. I would love to see him in the Blue and Gold.

Quote below is from IUB on Gold Helmet:

"Robinson has finally decided that WR, not QB, is the best position for him in college, and that is why he has de-committed from Arizona. Maybe Chris Harper will take note of this.

Anyway, it looks as though Gerell is no longer even considering Arizona. However, despite what you may have heard or what might be listed on some recruiting sites, Notre Dame has never given Robinson an Official Written Scholarship Offer. He had a verbal offer that was contingent upon him attending a camp in June, which he never showed up for, thus the verbal offer was rescinded. Gerell seems to be somewhat of a flake and I think that is part of the reason why he does not have, and most likely will not receive an Irish offer."

I live in Chandler and I just saw GR play last Friday night. He played the first half at WR and caught 4-5 passes, one of which was for 68 yards. He then switched to QB for the second half and single-handedly won the game for Hamilton. He is a man among boys out there! He is big and fast and diplays great leadership qualities.

I do think his best position is WR, though, so if ND can get back in the game with his recruitment he would be a great pickup for us.

Guest AtlantaIrish

With only one receiver on board so far (Goodman) I say we put the offer out soon and try to get him up to South Bend for a visit.

I think we should also keep in contact with Brice Butler. If the Poodle is going to try to steal recruits from us then why not try to sway Butler to ND?

http://sportscrack.com/images/backupcollege_large.jpg

Brice Butler doesn't want to go to college in a cold weather climate. It ruins his fingernail polish or something.

I'm all for securing 1 or 2 more wideout commits. Floyd, Baldwin, whomever. Big athletic receivers with speed to boot.

i would def take Gerell Robinson. I also like Chris Harper, but I think if the Illini keep winning then we're out b/c if he ends up leaving Kansas then he'll prolly get Zooked. As for Robinson, he could be that atheltic QB/ WR that we will need. Direct Snaps/Spread Offense/just get the ball in his hands and let him go.

Guest AtlantaIrish

I say we start spreading rumors of Carroll leaving after this season and see how his recruits react to that. All we ever heard when ND was winning was how Charlie Weis was going to bolt for the NFL.

It's starting to look like Floyd is a must get player especially after watching Benn tear it up at Illinois.

Benn is a freak. I wouldn't expect Floyd to come in and have the same impact though. Different types of players. I think Benn has more speed which allows him to return kicks and work well with reverses and what not.

I say we start spreading rumors of Carroll leaving after this season and see how his recruits react to that. All we ever heard when ND was winning was how Charlie Weis was going to bolt for the NFL.

It's starting to look like Floyd is a must get player especially after watching Benn tear it up at Illinois.

Physically Floyd is a beast as well. I dont think he strides as well as most gifted athletes, but he has great quickness and great vision. He has supreme ability to "take it to the house" once he gets his hands on the ball. Just like Benn. Benn is a phsyical specimen as well.

Guest NDstud21

I live a few miles from Hamilton and I've seen him play in person several times. This kid is a phenomenal athlete. Weis should offer him right away. His YAC ability is one of the best in the nation.