Not to censored in anyones Cheerios but,,,,

SpeedsterX

We did win against a walk-on QB and the UCLA penalties will show they lost ALOT of yardage due to themselves. Our Offence looked sub-par and I don't think we made ONE long (Tate?) pass play.

I'm just saying,,,,,

On the other hand, the Defense looked great tonight and that's against some quality RB's, TE's and LINE etc.!!! Offensive line looks like it's holding against quality players. Running backs, though not stellar, looked solid!

Ugly win but we will all take it and rejoice!

Will give the team confidence and take the damn monkey off our backs!!

YES! I am happy!! All I am really saying is that I'd like to see alot more positive Offensive consistency!

Again, HAPPY ABOUT THE WIN AND WE'RE MOVING UP!!

Consistent improvement and confidence!!!

IRISH FANS ARE HAPPY TONIGHT!!!

NOW, LET'S PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) :censored: :censored: :censored:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe we tried to throw two deep balls to tate, but was there one or two pass interferences called?

NOW, LET'S PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drunk:

Yes, you are right Notredomer.

I said "made" though. I would've just liked to see one made (completed) :)

I said "made" though. I would've just liked to see one made (completed) :)

ohhhh. yeah i was a little disappointed tate wasnt involved more.

I think they are working him in as much as possible right now though. They are still young though, but they are looking great!

We did win against a walk-on QB and the UCLA penalties will show they lost ALOT of yardage due to themselves. Our Offence looked sub-par and I don't think we made ONE long (Tate?) pass play.

I'm just saying,,,,,

On the other hand, the Defense looked great tonight and that's against some quality RB's, TE's and LINE etc.!!! Offensive line looks like it's holding against quality players. Running backs, though not stellar, looked solid!

YES! I am happy!! All I am really saying is that I'd like to see alot more positive Offensive consistency!

NOW, LET'S PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

I am not big on Cherrios...so its cool. Seriously though, it is the multiple opinions like this that stimulate other opinions and pave the way for intelligent discussion.

I myself found the game to be so great for the team and fans alike. We as a team have stepped up and not only removed that monkey off our backs...we damn near threw it all the back to Anahiem (a reference to the Angels mascot).

The defense to a man played their hearts out. Kerry Neal and Brian Smith are going to be cemented within the defense before the year is over. Mo has now become the unspoken leader on the defense. For the past three weeks he and Trevor have completely taken the defense on their shoulders and carried us to this point. It not only inspires...but is contagious...

And while we seem a bit conservative offensively...we are still getting better...better being tonight. I too not only take the win, but take it with a feeling that it is only going to get better still. We are for real....

I hear what you are saying, Speedster. We only had 140 total yards, we weren't able to run the ball, and the offensive play calling was very questionable as well. We will have to be MUCH better offensively next week against BC if we want to be in that game.

That being said, A WIN IS A WIN AND I WILL TAKE IT!!!! IT SURE BEATS GETTING BLOWN OUT BY 30! PLUS SCum GOT BOUNCED BY STANFORD.......IT'S A CELEBRATION AT MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW!!

GO IRISH!

I'm just saying,,,,,

NOW, LET'S PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

I am not big on Cherrios...so its cool. Seriously though, it is the multiple opinions like this that stimulate other opinions and pave the way for intelligent discussion.

I myself found the game to be so great for the team and fans alike. We as a team have stepped up and not only removed that monkey off our backs...we damn near threw it all the back to Anahiem (a reference to the Angels mascot).

The defense to a man played their hearts out. Kerry Neal and Brian Smith are going to be cemented within the defense before the year is over. Mo has now become the unspoken leader on the defense. For the past three weeks he and Trevor have completely taken the defense on their shoulders and carried us to this point. It not only inspires...but is contagious...

And while we seem a bit conservative offensively...we are still getting better...better being tonight. I too not only take the win, but take it with a feeling that it is only going to get better still. We are for real....

We are for real for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always said it!! It's coming and everyone knows it!

Just keeping some perspective while Domeanddomer isn't here to do it.

LMAO!!! :wink: :D :D

I hear what you are saying, Speedster. We only had 140 total yards, we weren't able to run the ball, and the offensive play calling was very questionable as well. We will have to be MUCH better offensively next week against BC if we want to be in that game.

That being said, A WIN IS A WIN AND I WILL TAKE IT!!!! IT SURE BEATS GETTING BLOWN OUT BY 30! PLUS SCum GOT BOUNCED BY STANFORD.......IT'S A CELEBRATION AT MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW!!

GO IRISH!

ABSOLUTELY KID!!!!!!!

TIME TO PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was rather happy about our running game at the end. UCLA stacked up against Aldridge, yet he still had some sweet runs. Also, I was glad to see how much we passed. Though it still needs work, we are getting better and better every week. Also, let's remember, UCLA's defense is no slouch. If anything, they are known more for their D than they are for their offense. We may not win next week or the week after, but we are beginning to look like a team that can play. Jimmy had ALLLLL the time in the world. Let's not forget our first 3 games. Jimmy was getting destroyed. It looks like the O-line is figuring out how to handle the college game. I am very happy about that AND twice they had great surges on Jimmy's sneaks. It could be argued the last 4th down push that we missed was a good push too. I just think ND was too far away from the yard marker for a sneak to be really productive. I am really happy. If you expect this team to look like a Top 25 team each week, you need to have your head checked. Start looking to the improvements. Pointing out ND's deficiencies is stating the obvious.

Guest Deimos

I didn't hear GT saying, well, we beat them, but they didn't even know who their starter was...blah blah. Nah. The Offense was not very impressive again, but the D. Holy crap. 7...count them. 7 Turnovers. Or was it 6? I lost count. I know the D can't play like that forever, but after last year's D...that is awfully inspiring.

-MW-

I was rather happy about our running game at the end. UCLA stacked up against Aldridge, yet he still had some sweet runs. Also, I was glad to see how much we passed. Though it still needs work, we are getting better and better every week. Also, let's remember, UCLA's defense is no slouch. If anything, they are known more for their D than they are for their offense. We may not win next week or the week after, but we are beginning to look like a team that can play. Jimmy had ALLLLL the time in the world. Let's not forget our first 3 games. Jimmy was getting destroyed. It looks like the O-line is figuring out how to handle the college game. I am very happy about that AND twice they had great surges on Jimmy's sneaks. It could be argued the last 4th down push that we missed was a good push too. I just think ND was too far away from the yard marker for a sneak to be really productive. I am really happy. If you expect this team to look like a Top 25 team each week, you need to have your head checked. Start looking to the improvements. Pointing out ND's deficiencies is stating the obvious.

I do agree with you that the O-Line did a much, much better job in pass protection tonight. But, offensively, that was about it. I think you are the one who needs your head checked if you think we were good offensively tonight. If getting a couple of "good surges" on QB sneaks floats your boat offensively then so be it.

Let's face it, our D won this game for us tonight by holding them to 6 points, forcing 7 turnovers--one for a score and two that put us first and goal. If you think anything different then I think you need your head checked.

Again, that being said, I am ecstatic with the win! I also think that just getting this win, regardless of how it was done, will go a long way in building the confidence of the young players in the future.

Cheers to the victory! :drunk:

If you expect this team to look like a Top 25 team each week, you need to have your head checked. Start looking to the improvements. Pointing out ND's deficiencies is stating the obvious.

I never said I expect us to look like a Top 25 team,,,,

I pointed out the improvements and highlighted and praised them,,

AND the deficiencies seem to change from week to week, so they are NOT "obvious".

(PLEASE read the original post :) )

Though I do agree, we are seeing improvement across the board week to week and the OL is making leaps and bounds!

I AM glad we're not facing USC next week!

Guest IntoTheRain

let me just say, that was the worst played game of football ive seen firsthand haha. In case anyone forgot, I actually go to UCLA. Sitting through another QB injury, which I actually jinxed by calling it early this week, was awful. We were SO BAD on offense, and just totally killed ourselves. ND actually looked much improved on offense, it may not show stat-wise, but you could see a lot of growth (especially for JC). Part of me is incredibly pissed that we threw the game away, because even with B-T in we really did kill ourselves. That said, I met a lot of really cool people from ND and the team really travelled well, awesome support. At least if we had to have a horrible run of luck, it came on a day when we could help out my dad's team! And come on people, we can all show some love to Stanford today! HAHA

i was eating cheerios this one time and noticed a secret word, it said.. oooooo :shock:

:lol:

could the offensive play calling for Clausen be limited because he is still a freshman learning the offense? maybe thats why when Sharpley is in the passing game is different because hes had more experience in Weis' offense?

I think the play calling for the second half was geared torwards 2 things. 1) To not lose the game; hence all the runs after we took the lead.

2) To not open any more of the playbook as deemed necessary. I guess save some pass plays for the next 2 weeks as we look to have some signature wins. Most passes made were short dump-offs suggesting game management or a limited QB, or maybe both, hopefully the earlier!

I will say that the pass from JC to JCarl should have been caught by an All-American TE! Also as a side note, Armando had nice touch on that pass! I was very impressed with that call. Hopefully the creativity keeps flowing for the next game. GO IRISH! -Don

a win is a win...for once the other team shot themselves in the foot...all the teams that beat us took advantage of our miscues & mistakes....we do the same...This is the game we needed for our young guys. Plus the only reason they had their back-ups back-up was because we body slammed olsen. remember olson was having concussion problems but he went out w/ a bad knee. it was our pressure and blitzes that won the game. Trevor Laws and Mo Crum played like men on a mission.

Walkon doesn't mean you suck. Hunter Cantwell was a walkon for UofL, behind Brohm. Many experts have him as a 1st day for sure, some say 1st round pick in next years draft. He walked on to stay in state, close to home. In some ways he's as good as Brohm, plus a stronger arm. You'll see more of him next year.

Also, Stanford just started a new QB for the first time, and they beat a little team called USfreakinC!!! No I'll look at this as a positive game for now. We showed we can put up yards against Purdue. We have flashes of brilliance here and there, now we just have to find a game where we put it all together. Hopefully it's USC.

Walkon doesn't mean you suck. Hunter Cantwell was a walkon for UofL, behind Brohm. Many experts have him as a 1st day for sure, some say 1st round pick in next years draft. He walked on to stay in state, close to home. In some ways he's as good as Brohm, plus a stronger arm. You'll see more of him next year.

Also, Stanford just started a new QB for the first time, and they beat a little team called USfreakinC!!! No I'll look at this as a positive game for now. We showed we can put up yards against Purdue. We have flashes of brilliance here and there, now we just have to find a game where we put it all together. Hopefully it's USC.

Nice post mirage... 8)

We did win against a walk-on QB and the UCLA penalties will show they lost ALOT of yardage due to themselves

With the exception of "walk-on" that sounds a lot like us the first 5 games. I don't feel badly about taking advantage of this and getting a W - that's just what a few other teams did to us the last few weeks.