Armando Allen ~ True Freshman

Robert Hughes ~ True Freshman

Matt Romine ~ True Freshman

James Aldridge ~ Soph

Sam Young ~ Soph

Dan Wenger ~ Soph

Eric Olsen ~ Soph

Robby Parris ~ Soph

Who cares about this year! Learn, learn, learn! This is going to be fun!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NDgirl09
The future looks bright. I'm not sure if '08 or '09 will be the breakout year.

I think that next year, we'll be pretty solid 8-4 or 9-3 I'm guessing, but in in 09 we should be prety solid and ready to make a run at the BCS Championship.

i agree

Guest bfabes05

hard to tell with next year, because we have a pretty favorable schedule if the guys grow up fast, which it looks like there doing, we could look pretty good next year

Guest Hejduk23

mikejnd wrote: Please don't forget Harrison Smith, kids a stud

Sorry, Mike, I was only listing the offense. But yes, Harrison is going to be a stud!!!

As long as the blocking is fixed there will be no reason ND cant win 8 games next year.

i agree that if the OL problem gets fixed and i don't see how it can't, then their should be a reason ND can't win at least eight games. CW will have three full classes in at ND so their will be no more blaming TW for not winning, it'll be put up or shut up time for CW. if the OL can block then ND has a real nice offense but i still think the defense will still be a few years away.

I think that next year, we'll be pretty solid 8-4 or 9-3 I'm guessing, but in in 09 we should be prety solid and ready to make a run at the BCS Championship.

If you look at our schedule next year we should not have a problem going 8-4 or 9-3. If we could have flipped this years schedule with next years, then we could easily have a winning record this year.

2008 Notre Dame Football Schedule

Sept. 6 SAN DIEGO STATE

Sept. 13 MICHIGAN

Sept. 20 at Michigan State

Sept. 27 PURDUE

Oct. 4 STANFORD

Oct. 11 at North Carolina

Oct. 18 Open Date

Oct. 25 at Washington

Nov. 1 PITTSBURGH

Nov. 8 at Boston College

Nov. 15 at Navy (Baltimore)

Nov. 22 SYRACUSE

Nov. 29 at USC

Quite honestly I think anything less than 8 wins would be disappointing given all the experience the younger guys are getting this year. In 5 games we've already seen alot of progression, have to think there will be more strides this year, in the offseason, and with the talent coming in. Hopefully next year Corwin has his D installed and opponents will no longer average 30+ points on us. Looking from a distance I'd say it's obvious that UM and SC will be tough ones. Throw in State because of the rivalry (not sure if Hoyer will be back, hopefully Ringer and Caulcrick are gone, same w/ Saint Dic). Washington could be tough as well based off how Locker's looked, I'd pencil in a win as it's Ty we're talking about. BC is always tough, Pitt is getting some talent but Wanny is Wanny. Who knows, could be another double digit win season, let's hope.

Oh yeah, don't forget to add Gray to that list as well. GO IRISH!!

Sept. 6 SAN DIEGO STATE

Sept. 27 PURDUE

Oct. 4 STANFORD

Nov. 1 PITTSBURGH

Nov. 22 SYRACUSE

Quite honestly I think anything less than 8 wins would be disappointing given all the experience the younger guys are getting this year.

if NDs OL plays much better next year then these could almost be sure wins.

With the continued improvement, we should be very good next year. Great topic/post. Wow are we young, and not too far from being a decent team. I have a different outlook on this years schedule after thinking about it. Maybe taking these lumps has actually accelerated the learning process of the OL, QB's, and all other young players. Granted, I would love to have had a few wins by now, but would we really be improving at the same rate if we could have beaten, say...Duke and Navy, the first few games of the year. Now we'll learn early, bust our butts to improve and try to win some tough games, and finish with a streak of wins going into next season. Just one school of thought, what do you think.

Guest mpstunner11

While I am definitely impressed with Charlies first 2 recruiting class, we have to remember that we didn't have the top class in the nation. Rivals often only makes a guy a five star if the contribute immediately. Now Sam Young, James Aldridge, Jimmy Clausen all were five stars. But teams like Florida and USC have a bunch of 5 stars and those guys can come in right away. I definitely think that if we keep our class as is and maybe add a few guys for 2008, then we can have guys contribute immediately. It will also help them that they will be surrounded with guys who have experience. Freshmen can blend in a lot easier when there are 4 upperclassmen around him on a line.

If I had to make a prediction, I think that Ethan Johnson will immediately start in 2008 and Hunter will rotate in with Kuntz and Williams. I think Justin Brown will be back, and I think he is actually a good player. Linebackers in my mind will be Kerry Neal and Brian Smith on the outside, with Flemming in there too. The inside will be Crum and Toryan Smith, with Filer in occasionally. Corners will be Gary Gray and D Walls, with McNeil as nickel. And Safeties will be D McCarthy and Bruton

Offense: I see Clausen at QB, with Sharpley backup. RB will be Hughes, Allen, Aldridge, with Hughes starting. I see Kamara, Grimes, and Parris as receivers, with Tate in a lot. TEs will be Yeatman and Ragone. OL will be Young, Stewart, Wenger, Turkovich, and Romine.

Lets here some 2008 predictions, cuz that is the year that matters.

The future looks bright. I'm not sure if '08 or '09 will be the breakout year.

I have a $40 bet that ND wins 8 games next year.

Sept. 6 SAN DIEGO STATE

Sept. 13 MICHIGAN

Sept. 27 PURDUE

Oct. 4 STANFORD

Oct. 18 Open Date

Oct. 25 at Washington

Nov. 1 PITTSBURGH

Nov. 8 at Boston College

Nov. 22 SYRACUSE

Nov. 29 at USC

First time I have looked at the 2008 schedule in a while and I like what I see.

Michigan will be winable with Hart gone, only thing that worries me if Manningham on the deep ball.

Michigan State will be deadly on offence with Hoyer/Ringer/Thomas all back next year, but I think Irish will be able to score with them.

The media is going to be all over the Washington game. Both coaches will have had 3 years at their school, and if Wash wins this game ND will never hear the end of it. But if ND wins there will be a ton of excuses for Ty, I garuntee it.

This will be ND chance to end the streak vs BC (since they are probably going to beat ND again this year), with Ryan gone they become average.

Syracuse is awful, I hope they get a beatdown.

Potential trap games:

SDSU- opening week always scares me

Stanford- They are getting more competitive, gave ND a close game 2 years ago as well.

Pitt- Right after the Washington game, ND could be on a super high or super low, dangerous either way.

WORST case the team will finish 7-5 with that schedule, anything worse and I think the critics will have some valid points about Weis. But the talent will be in place for 8+ wins, no more excuses next year.

Sept. 6 SAN DIEGO STATE

Sept. 13 MICHIGAN

Sept. 27 PURDUE

Oct. 4 STANFORD

Oct. 18 Open Date

Oct. 25 at Washington

Nov. 1 PITTSBURGH

Nov. 8 at Boston College

Nov. 22 SYRACUSE

Nov. 29 at USC

Michigan will be winable with Hart gone, only thing that worries me if Manningham on the deep ball.

My guess is he will go pro after this year.