Duval Kamara

irishdread

I'm sorry guys, but I have to say it, lol. Am I the only one that got serious flashbacks of Maurice Stovall, watching Kamara catch those back to back slant routes ??? His body movements, and they way shields the defender from the ball looks just like Stovall, only #18, lol. He's gonna be a big time receiver for us, and to just think that he has a full 4 yrs with Charlie, unlike Stovall did.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bfabes05

I was extremely impressed with our Receivers in the second half yesterday, especially the two freshmen, Tate is friggin unreal lol but Parris looked good as well, but yes Kamara is a huge mismatch for our opponents at 6'5 and 220+...and its only gunna get better seeing that he is a freshman

I was extremely impressed with our Receivers in the second half yesterday, especially the two freshmen,

i don't understand why in the first half NDs WRs couldn't seem to get open but in the second half they seemed to always be open. i think CW seriously needs to consider starting parish, tate and kamara.

I was extremely impressed with our Receivers in the second half yesterday, especially the two freshmen,

i don't understand why in the first half NDs WRs couldn't seem to get open but in the second half they seemed to always be open. i think CW seriously needs to consider starting parish, tate and kamara.

I think it's because there has been a lot of man coverage against us that we couldn't break free from. In the second half we started throwing slants frequently picking up 10 yards at a time. The safeties then knew they might have to come up in coverage instead of always dropping back. Why we weren't throwing slants all year is a mystery I still haven't solved. Kind of like the mystery of why we haven't been throwing RB screens on the seemingly endless blitzes we are getting.

Look, we are 0-freaking 5. Let the QB's audible for crying out loud. Who gives a crap at this point if they get it wrong. We're not going to a bowl game, we're never going to be ranked this year...get some quality experience for the QB's without the chains on.

DomeandDomer you are completely right! I don't think it was the wideouts, I think it was the playcalling that changed. Those slants, and deep balls really opened things up. JC is at his best on slant routes, I don't understand why Weis didn't use them until now.

I think it's because there has been a lot of man coverage against us that we couldn't break free from. In the second half we started throwing slants frequently picking up 10 yards at a time. The safeties then knew they might have to come up in coverage instead of always dropping back. Why we weren't throwing slants all year is a mystery I still haven't solved. Kind of like the mystery of why we haven't been throwing RB screens on the seemingly endless blitzes we are getting.

Look, we are 0-freaking 5. Let the QB's audible for crying out loud. Who gives a crap at this point if they get it wrong. We're not going to a bowl game, we're never going to be ranked this year...get some quality experience for the QB's without the chains on.

DITTO!

Well said!

Kind of like the mystery of why we haven't been throwing RB screens on the seemingly endless blitzes we are getting.

b/c our OL isnt very good at blocking in open space. the few screens we ran were blown up b/c guys are running downfield instead of looking back to where the defenders are and hitting someone.

I think that some of this is because of Tates ability to strectch the field and get open. When he stretches the filed, he'l take 1 and sometimes 2 defenders with him so it opens things up a little underneath.

Guest NDgirl09

Weis said we'll be seeing a lot more of Tate and, not so forwardly, Kamara. He said that Tate just needed to get good at all things, not just running past people

I don't care if Tate's not good at "all things" yet; its obvious he's a gamer and made three big time catches in the second half. At this point in the season, just like domeanddomer said, we have nothing to lose and we need our gamers out there. Very impressed with Golden and I'm not surprised, given he's shown to have great character and really wanted to attend ND.

I do have the sinking feeling that our passing attack will take a step backward against a tough UCLA defense next week; maybe the three amigos of Parris, Tate and Kamara will surprise again next week.

I do have the sinking feeling that our passing attack will take a step backward against a tough UCLA defense next week; maybe the three amigos of Parris, Tate and Kamara will surprise again next week.

SLANT SLANT SLANT SLANT SLANT SLANT SLANT. Throw it off a 3 step drop. Throw it way down field against the zone. Throw it on a blitz. I'm telling you, if I have 5 offensive plays for this week...the Slant is 3 of them.

If that slant works the linebackers will have to start dropping back and maybe...just maybe an OLineman can block half a guy each and AA can either slither through the little hole or Alrdridge and Hughes can just power through the little hole. I'm tired of losing boys...can you tell? It's obvious when I of all people start game planning. Like I said a couple months ago, I'm no offensive coordinator, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last week! Literally.

SLANT SLANT SLANT SLANT SLANT SLANT SLANT. Throw it off a 3 step drop. Throw it way down field against the zone. Throw it on a blitz. I'm telling you, if I have 5 offensive plays for this week...the Slant is 3 of them.

If that slant works the linebackers will have to start dropping back and maybe...just maybe an OLineman can block half a guy each and AA can either slither through the little hole or Alrdridge and Hughes can just power through the little hole. I'm tired of losing boys...can you tell? It's obvious when I of all people start game planning. Like I said a couple months ago, I'm no offensive coordinator, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last week! Literally.

while the slant is effective don't fall too much in love with it, as it is a pass, if thrown just a bit inaccurately, can bounce off a receivers shoulders, back, etc and be a pick. and while every monday morning qb seems to be in love with sharpley now, i would say to them that evan still has accuracy issues and he is more likely of the two qb's to throw behind a receiver on a slant play and get picked.

and does it strike anyone else that golden tate seems, genuinely, after all these years of wanna-be's and hope by irish fans, to be the honest-to-god heir apparent to rocket?? i realize we haven't seen him run the ball like rocket could but he's a better receiver right now than rocket was in his freshman year. and also, obviously, he's not he kick returner raghib was either but he seems to be the first genuine "could take it to the house on any play" guy we've had since rocket or maybe julius jones. agree?

altho I also was very impressed by Tate and feel he has to be on the field, I don't think his pure speed blows me away....yet. He is very fast and I'm glad he's returning kicks. He made 3 amazing catches, especially the 4th down go route and the TD. I'm also much more impressed with his balance and cutting ability than Armando Allen right now. It seems like the wind blows Allen over. That will come with time, weight training, and better blocking.

But lets not kid ourselves here: Tate is not as fast as Ted Ginn or Rocket. He did get behind the defender on that 4th down 43 yard bomb, but watching it live and then on replay, I didn't feel as if he were a blur. I just didn't. He is an upgrade in speed from what we've got, but its the other intangibles as a wideout that will help him succeed. i.e. vision, balance, strength, and route running. Then his speed will truly become a factor.

altho I also was very impressed by Tate and feel he has to be on the field, I don't think his pure speed blows me away....yet. He is very fast and I'm glad he's returning kicks. He made 3 amazing catches, especially the 4th down go route and the TD. I'm also much more impressed with his balance and cutting ability than Armando Allen right now. It seems like the wind blows Allen over. That will come with time, weight training, and better blocking.

But lets not kid ourselves here: Tate is not as fast as Ted Ginn or Rocket. He did get behind the defender on that 4th down 43 yard bomb, but watching it live and then on replay, I didn't feel as if he were a blur. I just didn't. He is an upgrade in speed from what we've got, but its the other intangibles as a wideout that will help him succeed. i.e. vision, balance, strength, and route running. Then his speed will truly become a factor.

maybe so, but every time and, granted this is quite a small sample, the ball has been thrown ahead of him, that is to say not the jump ball-type throws and catches, he has ran by the corner to get the ball. and look at the replay of that 4th down catch against purdue. the DB, just before the ball is snapped, drops back almost 7 yds off of the line of scrimmage because he has figured out ( or the defensive coaches have told him ) that golden only runs one pattern and that is the "go route!" yet, golden still gets by him fairly easily. that ain't nothing but speed there, my friend.

maybe he's not as fast as rocket or ginn but he's got better hands right now than either of those two had as frosh.