Meyer truly IS a piece of crap!!!

SpeedsterX

I never really wanted to believe it.

Thought he just wanted to get into the best situation for him.

He poached our players but that happens and I never truly believed he "down-talked" ND. I thought he had some respectability in his heart and I always thought, no matter what, he always held some "special" place in his heart for ND.

But, what he pulled tonight just pissed me off and showed what a real ass he truly is.

CALLING A TIME OUT JUST AFTER A SNAP/BEFORE THE KICK!!!!

I have NEVER seen that done in a college game!

That is High School bullshit!!!!

Some of you may say that's it's been done before or all is fair in love and football, but it's still amateur bullshit!!!

OK! That's out of my system! Thanks for listening!

Thank God he turned us down!!!

Thank God for Charlie Weis!!!

(BTW,,, the kicker STILL made it!!! F!U! Urban!!!!)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest heismancaliber

He poached our players but that happens and I never truly believed he "down-talked" ND. I thought he had some respectability in his heart and I always thought, no matter what, he always held some "special" place in his heart for ND.

But, what he pulled tonight just pissed me off and showed what a real ass he truly is.

Some of you may say that's it's been done before or all is fair in love and football, but it's still amateur bullshit!!!

Apparently you don't watch the NFL much.

In week 2 the Broncos played the Raiders and Shanahan did the same thing Meyer did. Janikowski missed the 2nd FG attempt and Denver won. Very next week the Raiders played the Browns and Kiffin did the same to them. 2nd FG attempt is blocked and Oakland wins.

Guest rocketsan22

I find this thread confusing. It's a tried and true technique to ice the kicker...

:roll:

And there's not one of us on here who wasn't pulling to have Meyer coach here...

I don't mind it that much. but the difference between the traditional "icing" of a kicker and this is that you call the time out at such a time that the kicker actually kicks the ball once but it doesn't count. If he makes it he has to do it again, and on longer kicks that can be difficult. If he misses it then he has that on his mind. If i were a coach I would do it in that situation, but i would need to take a shower...a long shower. It kinda sullies the game. There is no way to combat this at all. The coach is standing next to the ref, so if he sees that the kicking team is waiting for him to call the to and not snap the ball, he can just not call the to and there is a delay of game penalty. It sucks, but at least last night it didn't work.

Yea, you're right, I don't watch alot of NFL other than the Bears.

I would just think that once the play starts, as in hiking the ball,

it would be too late to call a time out.

Now can a coach call a time out during a long pass play by the opposing team once the ball leaves the QB's hand???? :?:

Apparently you don't watch the NFL much.

In week 2 the Broncos played the Raiders and Shanahan did the same thing Meyer did. Janikowski missed the 2nd FG attempt and Denver won. Very next week the Raiders played the Browns and Kiffin did the same to them. 2nd FG attempt is blocked and Oakland wins.

All is fair that is written between the covers of the rule book, professional or college. There can be no real moral or principle issue attatched when it falls within this book. Basically...it is what it is.

Guest irishrick

i thought it was a great ploy to give the kicker some ice to worry about just glad he made it so myer did the right thing if he had missed the goal, our friend would have been coach of the year. ha ha . lets go irish lots of upsets . however were dead last 119 in just about all areas, we will get better. soon ?? i hope. the fellas did a fair job in the 2nd half. what say you.?

i have no problem with the called timeout if its in the rules they are allowed to do that. the Auburn kicker made the first kick that didnt count, but if he had missed the 2nd kick people in favour of Florida would have been calling it a great call.

i havnt seen that type of thing happen before, and never even heard of it until recently in the NFL ..but what happens if after calling the timeout just before the play is off your defence blocks the kick?? or the kicker misses the kick?? then the coach will look stupid for calling the timeout.

I'm not a fan of Urbans either, different reasons than most, but I think this tactic actually was started last year by the Wisconson's coach, can't remember his name right now.

I thinks its the fact that the time-out is called just prior to the snaps, so the play still happens after the time-out is called. Its not just icing the kickers, its about the timing of it.

I personally don't think its a good idea to give a kid a practice kick, but what do I know.

Guest rocketsan22

I liken the actual initial kick being made to when a batter calls for time and the pitcher still follows through with a pitch (hence Umps jumping out of the box to steer clear of an errant pitch), it's just part of the game and not thread worthy.