I told you Golden was golden

ndmike88

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We knew he was going to an intregate part of our team...but man, has he been Coach Weis's secret weapon or what? I heard the whispers of his learning to play wide out...but he has proven better than expected at this point...and will only get better.

I feel we aren't that bad at the reciever position. As we improve overall, we should hear more of Grimes, West, Parris, Kamara and Tate.

i agree, i've been an supporter of GT since he arrived. I think he and Kamara are gonna be beasts.

Parris had a good second half yesterday too. I also see slants to John Goodman in our future. Or should I say John Samardija? Or Jeff Goodman? Or Jeffohn Samardman? OK.....

Still a little delirious from the 0-5.

Guest bfabes05

Golden Tate is absolutely ridiculous, all three of his catches were amazing and clutch, two fourth down conversation catches and a fantastic touchdown catch

Ironic thing too was that he was the guy who publicly wanted an ND offer and we seemed to slow play him a bit on the recruiting. It seemed like most agreed looking at his HS film he had good ability, but we were also wondering if he looked better because of the small schools he played against.

He's certainly making a very nice impact so far.

yeah.. i thought ND slow-played him too... but all worked out.

I think there's a recruiting lesson in Golden AND Brian Smith...

Go for the kids with a strong physical ability / baseline.. AND the strong desire to be at ND. The desire to be at ND, the desire to succeed at ND... to live a dream... is a tremendous motivator, especially when things are down.

Guest mpstunner11

Tate has shown he can run the deep route very well, but we have yet to see him run anything over the middle or to the sidelines. Tate I think is a guy who should be in on half the plays and Kamara should be a starter opposite Grimes. George West is very good in the open field and Parris is a good possession receiver. I honestly think that they all have their niches and we are just beginning to find out what type of receivers they are.

Speaking of Grimes, did he play in the second half after heading to the lockeroom early with an aparent injury?

Anyone heard anything on him?

haven't heard what the injury is yet. but to be honest i think it's good that he's out or at least for now, cause it'll force CW to play more paris, tate and kamara who i think are all better then grimes anyway.