OFFICIAL CHRIS STEWART GONE

Guest SirJohn

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am proud to say DD was in on this breaking issue of Chris Stewart from the get go.

That being said it's sad we have yet a 4th transfer of Charlie boys so soon this year. It harms us in Texas (Stewart).. California (Reuland)..

Inner Chicago (Jones). Zach leaving is not harming us as much in Penn.

These are all prime areas we recently invaded.

It's reported that Stewarts Dad wants him to stay. Possibly he just had 'home sickness'?

It's fine to say they are 2nd or 3rd stringers but this hemmorage has to stop. It's quite possible there is a morale problem on the team. I see no real leadership from the appointed captains myself.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070927/NDSports02/70927051

Guest irishrick

i agree SJ . its really to bad but i don't think his dad will get him back , he had a couple of players that he could relate to his homesickness. . i wasn't aware that there had been 16, leave since 04, OK so be it i think that a good game this week end will help the moral problem if there is one ... :) what say you?

Guest NDgirl09
WOW! Hope we don't see any other guys leaving. Seems like a trend is starting to happen here. Good luck to Stewart.

exactly what i was thinking, about the trend. I really hope we lose no more guys in the next couple years, wishfull thinking i know, but maybe just not 3 in two weeks ever again.

Good Luck to Stewart.

I was just thinking of my B in Law. He joined the Marines. He hated boot. He cried even wanted to desert. Today he is the proudest SOB, part head of Macklin island radiers Assc. You stick it out and somehow....later on it gives you pride.

It's never fun while it is going on, it's just do YOU have the will to go on through these troubles, blues or what have you. It's pushing yourself past what limitations you thought you had. Once you get that you might not win but you can't be beat.

Too bad. I think he could have cracked the 2 deep at some point. What bothers me is this, the majority of college students including me, go through or have gone through the homesick/i'm not sure this is right for me stage. It is becoming too easy for young adults to quit on obligations that they have made. Whether it is in athletics or any other type of organization, when you make a commitment you need to honor it. If these student/athletes want to leave that is absolutely their right to do so. However, once the season starts you are in for the entire season honoring your commitment to the coaches and teammates. How they handle adversity on the field will translate into how they handle adversity off the field. I wish Chris and Konrad all the best. Just wish they would wait until seasons end. JMO

Interesting Blog I found below on the Stewart issue.

Seems the door is still open (at least for classes) to come back. The Blog again mentions the 'homesick' issue we discussed here at DD.

This set me to thinking that it all is a matter of 'maturity.' I am by no means trashing him when I say, at his age he can't go back and sit around his parents house doing nothing and tossing away an education and better life for himself.

We all move on. I am pretty sure my daughter was homesick when she joined the Air Force and after my divorce, living in an apartment, I was homesick for the house I lost. What is is.

http://irishroundup.blogspot.com/2007/09/bit-more-on-latest-news.html

Chris Stewart is NOT gone at this time. He left the team and is heading home to decide what he wants to do. His father strongly wants him to stay at Notre Dame. They will discuss it as a family and make a decision. But as of this moment, he has not left Notre Dame.

What is going on here? Granted that those transferring probably would never have seen significant playing time, but still, all these defections just bug me. From a national perspective it probably doesn't look good, but if people were to take the time to analyze each situation they would understand fully why all these guys are leaving. Still I'm a little disturbed by all this.