PU Prediction Thread

domeanddomer

Ok...I'll start it this week.

Our ONLY chance in this game is if we can control the ball offensively for a good portion of the game...something we have yet to do. Curtis Painter will make our secondary look foolish so the best defense is a good offense. In a word...we're screwed.

PU 45 ND 17

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately at this point, I believe Purdue is the better team (man it hurts to say that). But, the better team doesn't always win (see Ty's first year). So what I am hoping for is that Purdue throws their jerseyes out on the field and we show up for 4 quarters. Granted, that NEVER happens when a team plays ND, but we've never been 0-4 either.

So what I'm thinking is we get either a defensive or special teams score, couple offensive TD's, one field goal, and play ball control, so:

ND 24

Purdue 21

Guest irishrick

hold on Irish fans here comes the Irish , 31-24 notre dame wins first game as the Irish intercept painter twice , jc has a breakout day. go Irish. run the ball, run baby run, Aldridge and Hughes gain over 293 yard in a workman performance. zibby scores a TD on a punt return . Tate makes some fine run backs. go Irish again Irish up set highly favored boilermakers. :D

hold on Irish fans here comes the Irish , 31-24 notre dame wins first game as the Irish intercept painter twice , jc has a breakout day. go Irish. run the ball, run baby run, Aldridge and Hughes gain over 293 yard in a workman performance. zibby scores a TD on a punt return . Tate makes some fine run backs. go Irish again Irish up set highly favored boilermakers. :D

:shock: WOW. hope you're right Rick....but I'd put a shiney nickle on the fact that NONE of those predictions actually happen with the exception of Tate making some fine run backs.

I hate to say it, but I tend to side more with 34 than mightyeskimo (no offense buddy, I really hope you're right) and others calling for a win. I just can't see this team putting up enough points. I think it will be close for awhile but Purdue will pull away and the D will be on the field too much. I seriously hope Jimmy gets his first TD, he deserves one with all the times he's gone back to the huddle looking out his earhole. I really hope Charlie and the boys can pull it out. Anyone think maybe the power running plan Charlie's been talking about is only to deflect Jimmy opening it up on Saturday? I liked what I saw on some PA plays last week. Too bad Jimmy isn't far enough along (or the team for that matter) for the no-huddle...I think it's possible to expose Purdue's D. So many thoughts with 48 hours to go, GO IRISH!!!!

Guest bfabes05

hopefully we can run the ball very successful against a below average defense for ball control to keep it out of painters hands and im thinking finally, FINALLY a W 28 -24

As a fanatic, I have a hard time putting up a prediction that has us on the losing side. I think the only game this year I will be able to admit a good chance at defeat is the USC game, for obvious reasons. I pray the secondary shows what I think its capable of and we escape with a 27-24 victory behind the unstoppable force and immovable object (JA and RH).

GO IRISH

41-21 Purdue. They've averaged something like 52 points per game. There is no way our defense is markedly better than those of the teams they already played, but possibly a little. Still give PU 41.

We get more things to build on, but feel bittersweet about 0-5.

Guest heismancaliber
What team have you guys been watching? There's no way we put up 20+ points...

We put up 14 in the first half last week, i dont think its that far off

7 of those were off a gift turnover