Guest Irishjt

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Stewart rumours are false.

He seems like a really level, grounded kid... and team player... to tryout NT then go back to OL... not easy adjustments.

Unknown injury aside, If he hasn't cracked the line-up... and Bartley Webb hasn't either... he needs to challenge and ask himself why. Is it physical readiness, mental preparation, desire... a combo? If he's a competitor, he'll find those answers.. and if he finds himself unable to make the cut, well, that's my we sign-up for the 40 year decision.

Because, if he doesn't make the two-deep here... he's not going to the NFL... that's a harsh reality.

Speculation aside, I hope Chris is all good, and just near the tipping point of cracking the 2 deep.

In an interview with Stewart sometime this year, I think in the spring, he mention that last year he was not physical ready. He had trouble with getting winded and needed to get his diet under control and his weight. With Wenger hurt right now, he has moved up to #2 on the depth charts which could get him some playing time.

Guest irishrick

i think that he needs to get in shape to play better, i can see why cw isn't playing him that much , chris get in shap and stay in shape. or watch and learn for next year ?? :(

Grrrr. Hearing things like this just frustrate me to no end. I certainly hope it is not true. If this is related to playing time and all other issues are put aside, this is extremely dissapointing. Essentially Chris is a redshirt freshmen. Which means he has this year and 3 more years to crack the starting lineup. Why not stay, work your ass off, honor your commitment you made to your school, coaches, and teamates, and get a great education. And when he was recruited everyone new he was a project, he was vastly overweight and it would take time for him to be able to compete as a result.

I mean, what is his thought process? He hasn't been able to crack the starting lineup at ND (which currently has a horrible line), but if he transfers he will be the best thing since sliced bread, start immediately, play a couple years and off to the NFL? I understand the grass is always greener but come on.

What really worries me about this is if true, there is OBVIOUSLY something else going on that we don't know about. There is something really wrong with this team internally if so many people have decided to move on. Yeah, transfers are a part of everyday college football, but not what we've been experiencing over the past couple months.

What really worries me about this is if true, there is OBVIOUSLY something else going on that we don't know about. There is something really wrong with this team internally if so many people have decided to move on. Yeah, transfers are a part of everyday college football, but not what we've been experiencing over the past couple months.

Not so fast with the conspiracy theory there SD. Let's look at who has transfered. A fourth string QB that was eliminated from playing contention for this year. A back up QB that is about NOTHING but himself and believed that he got slighted. Couldn't possibly have been HIS fault...gotta blame it on somebody else. And a 4th string TE that wasn't getting many reps, could see two GREAT TE's coming in next years class, and was homesick.

To me, those are all personal decisions. If you're an elite athlete these days, odds are that you've been babied since you were playing peewee football. The vast majority won't come to school and work their but off to play, not make the starting lineup, and have the patience to earn their opportunity. Just the way the world works right now. I'm a Gen X guy. My generation and generation behind me are all about immediate gratification and getting handouts. Sorry...but it's true.

Not so fast with the conspiracy theory there SD. Let's look at who has transfered. A fourth string QB that was eliminated from playing contention for this year. A back up QB that is about NOTHING but himself and believed that he got slighted. Couldn't possibly have been HIS fault...gotta blame it on somebody else. And a 4th string TE that wasn't getting many reps, could see two GREAT TE's coming in next years class, and was homesick.

To me, those are all personal decisions. If you're an elite athlete these days, odds are that you've been babied since you were playing peewee football. The vast majority won't come to school and work their but off to play, not make the starting lineup, and have the patience to earn their opportunity. Just the way the world works right now. I'm a Gen X guy. My generation and generation behind me are all about immediate gratification and getting handouts. Sorry...but it's true.

I understand your point Dome but lately it seems that everyday we hear about one player or another who isn't happy (Robby Parris also comes to mind)with his position and is looking to hop on the next thing smoking. Really my rant was probably more about my frustrations with how this season has gone than anything.

And technically I'm a Gen Y guy (as are all of ND's players), so that makes my demand for instant gratification and handouts that much more powerful than yours, haha. :lol:

This looks to be true. Pete Sampson from Irish Illustrated just said that he has sources that stated Chris has decided to leave the team. Guess thats why Nuss moved back to the OL.

I think whats going on is that CW and the rest of the coaching staff are pressing these guys pretty hard trying to find out who really wants to be at ND and who doesn't. I would guess that practices and other work-outs are much more difficult and miserable than in the past and they kids that thought they could just go for the "ND football" ride are getting weeded out.

I'm not saying that the kids that are leaving are bad kids or are not good players, I just think that they are being put to the test and they don't want to do whatever work its going to take to stick around. With the season being as difficult that it is, we are finding out who really wants to be there and who doesn't.