A Poster over on Irish Illus said Clausen to be benched...

Guest Hejduk23

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hejduk23

thank God! I think that would spell the end of us keeping our recruits. The guy on II said ESPN said that Clausen would be benched. Gotta love the internet. Thanks for the good news.

Charlie never said he would be benched!

They are speculating because Charlie took him out for almost the whole 4th quarter against MSU.

Charlie has plainly stated that the reason he did that was for 1: to give ES some reps when it was a done deal. 2: to have a nice long talk with Jimmy about QB developement and Charlie thought he really needed that talk at that exact time.

Am I saying Jimmy will def. start at Purdue. No, I am not saying that. Noone knows that other than Charlie himself and possibly the QB's.

But Charlie has never said that Jimmy was benched!

said he heard it on ESPN. Is this true? Probably the WORST thing Charlie could do at this point. Anyone know anything about this?

i watched this on ESPN this morning, ESPN said that so they could use it as a teaser. later in the show they played a yes or no game with Herbi and they asked him if CW should bench JC for this game and Herbi said NO. he said that JC is the future of ND football and it would be best for him to play this year and get experience.

Let's bench Clausen, Laws, Kuntz, Young, Crum, Bruton, Hughes, and, Aldridge, plant some dope in some dorms, pay some player's girl friends to claim domestic violence, get a couple more players to quit the team, lose the rest of the games to go 0-12, have ND lose it's TV contract, fire CW who will fight it in court and have it take 2 years to resolve, and then...finally...have the AD come out and say that ND is finally joining a conference, but the only one that would take them is the MAC.

All of that MIGHT make ESPN happy ...when it comes to ND.

That just proves the quality of pasters over here at DD. haha. It would be one thing if JC's arm was sore or hell froze over, but if we are going to have it rough, let the kid experience it. IF we win its the biggest boost in the world, IF we don't it's on the job training, which is VERY important.

Any questions? Listen to Charlie's presser. Yesterday he spoke about accelerating Jimmy's development, needing him to come along as fast as possible. Benching him would accomplish this? I'll put my name out there, I guarantee he will start Saturday and everyother one this season barring injury.

Yesterday he spoke about accelerating Jimmy's development, needing him to come along as fast as possible.

go back four years to when brady quinn got his very first start as a freshmen at purdue. he got beat up so bad in that game that i was acctually surprised he survived the game, turns out that BQ had a pretty good future at ND. i think JC will probbly get some of the same this saturday but he'll come along much faster then BQ did because of CW.

in BQ first year in '03 i remember the OL also having problems pass blocking, mainly they were terrible at picking up the blitz. in '04 they did a much better job and BQ was a much improved QB (there were a few games in '04 when BQ passed for well over 300 yards). i just hope that next year the OL will be better and we can see the improvement from JC first year to his second.

in BQ first year in '03 i remember the OL also having problems pass blocking, mainly they were terrible at picking up the blitz. in '04 they did a much better job and BQ was a much improved QB (there were a few games in '04 when BQ passed for well over 300 yards). i just hope that next year the OL will be better and we can see the improvement from JC first year to his second.

I was thinking the same thing russ, BQ turned into a pretty tough kid after the beating he took his Fr and So yrs, hopefully JC does the same.

Let's bench Clausen, Laws, Kuntz, Young, Crum, Bruton, Hughes, and, Aldridge, plant some dope in some dorms, pay some player's girl friends to claim domestic violence, get a couple more players to quit the team, lose the rest of the games to go 0-12, have ND lose it's TV contract, fire CW who will fight it in court and have it take 2 years to resolve, and then...finally...have the AD come out and say that ND is finally joining a conference, but the only one that would take them is the MAC.

All of that MIGHT make ESPN happy ...when it comes to ND.

Mark May might fall over and croak right there next to Lou!

What else would he have to live for?

thank God! I think that would spell the end of us keeping our recruits. The guy on II said ESPN said that Clausen would be benched. Gotta love the internet. Thanks for the good news.

The thread has been deleted. However, the poster of the thread simply ASKED if Clausen was going to be benched. He even explained how he saw the "teaser" before commercial break and did not catch the segment due to being at work. Lighten up a little. Sure, this board is superior to II, but not EVERYONE over there is ignorant.