Remeber those awesome comments from DJ... It was all show.

MikejND

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a ME guy plain and simple. He is all about gettin what's his, even though he hasn't earned shit! If this is true, I feel sorry for him. He will get no where in life with that attitude.

DJ reminds me of Tony Rice except for the obvious.

Tony was a gamer, exceptional character, leader, team player, exceptional athlete and more!!!

I have met him many times and all these are absolutely true!

With that being said, I believe although DJ reminds me of Rice with his feet, believe it or not, Rice was a better passer (IMO).

Even if DJ were just as good as Tony, which I refuse to believe. He is making the one mistake that I believe Tony made and THAT would be that Tony would never consider playing any other position. Many have thought that Tony could have made it in the NFL if he would only have considered a position change but sadly he did not. (Thank God for that ND Diploma, huh Tony??).

DJ will never be an NFL QB and I still believe he has a ton of potential as an athlete and if he does not make the same mistake as Tony Rice, he might, and I mean "MIGHT" have a chance ala Battle!!

Let's see how thickheaded he is, he already made the 40 year mistake, now let's see where he lands and if he will continue with the 1 year mistake ala DW.

Wow, disappointing. Please don't compare this guy to Tony Rice or anyother Irish QB, just not a fair comparison.

For however little time,

Fact is,,,

He WAS an Irish QB and was even a starter at that.

THAT isn't an opinion but is fact.

YES! It IS a fair comparison in that regard other than experience.

Guest AtlantaIrish

seriously, who gives a shit? He's gone and we should all be ready to move on. My concern is who gets the scholarship offers now that Reuland and Jones are both gone?

I'm hoping we can add some lineman and receivers for this class.

seriously, who gives a shit? He's gone and we should all be ready to move on. My concern is who gets the scholarship offers now that Reuland and Jones are both gone?

I'm hoping we can add some lineman and receivers for this class.

AGREED Atlanta!!

That will be MY last word on it.

Thanks! :)

Speedster, wasn't attacking you...just found it peculiar to compare him to Rice, an ND guy through and through. Sure he compares to Rice in some superficial ways but wouldn't Chris Olsen or LoVecchio be a better comparison? LoVecchio started for a span there. I met Rice in 2000 at the B&G game, couldn't have been nicer...he was a Holtz guy all the way, wore an SC hat to show his support for Lou. Reaading the above link, Jones obviously wasn't the Weis guy he made himself out to be. What pisses me off about defections like Jones and now Reuland, is that they didn't process this before coming in. Of course you think you're the guy for the job but you have to look at the variables, other guys coming in, injuries, etc. PT and depth can only be judged at the second you're judging it, things can change snap by snap. 2 years ago there were guys like Butch Lewis and the receiver from LB Poly (Terrance something) that wanted nothing more than to be Irish. Their spots went to guys like Jones and Reuland who couldn't see ND past their spot on the depth chart. Hind sight is 20-20, but it still bothers me.

Wow, that's unfortunate. I was a DJ supporter to start the season because of the good things we heard about him from running the scout team last year and i thought his athleticism would be a great thing for this team. Obviously i didn't understand how inept his throwing ability is. I know there were days in high school that i hated my coaches but never would i make two-faced comments such as the ones he has made in the past 2 weeks. I guess his immaturity didn't stop at the way he handled his transfer, I guess it still carries through to this day. My only question is, one transfer one day without a word and leave your team high and dry, the apologize the next day and praise the father figure that is Weis (all while apparently hating his guts), THEN show back up at ND stadium to supposedly show your support for ND, and make comments such as those? Just doesn't make sense in my (semi-)rational mind.