Awesome comments from DJ, now can we move on?

paisan78

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's still a rat in my book

Elvis thanks

(words & music by scott davis)

As the snow flies

On a cold and gray chicago mornin

A poor little baby child is born

In the ghetto

And his mama cries

cause if theres one thing that she dont need

Its another hungry mouth to feed

In the ghetto

People, dont you understand

The child needs a helping hand

Or hell grow to be an angry young man some day

Take a look at you and me,

Are we too blind to see,

Do we simply turn our heads

And look the other way

Well the world turns

And a hungry little boy with a runny nose

Plays in the street as the cold wind blows

In the ghetto

And his hunger burns

So he starts to roam the streets at night

And he learns how to steal

And he learns how to fight

In the ghetto

Then one night in desperation

A young man breaks away

He buys a gun, steals a car,

Tries to run, but he dont get far

And his mama cries

As a crowd gathers round an angry young man

Face down on the street with a gun in his hand

In the ghetto

As her young man dies,

On a cold and gray chicago mornin,

Another little baby child is born

In the ghetto

Funny how the DJ saga may now "effect" us with Chicago recruiting.

I was never overly worried about that, but this whole ordeal ending peacefully certainly can't hurt. If DJ were out trashing ND and Weis, it definitely could have done some damage, how much? Who really knows. But I say it's better to release the kid, help him if we can and move on. It may even help us land Chris Harper, we'll see.

Funny how the DJ saga may now "effect" us with Chicago recruiting.

I was never overly worried about that, but this whole ordeal ending peacefully certainly can't hurt. If DJ were out trashing ND and Weis, it definitely could have done some damage, how much? Who really knows. But I say it's better to release the kid, help him if we can and move on. It may even help us land Chris Harper, we'll see.

I never thought it would effect us much either, just commenting on this garbage that was spewed over some the Chicago papers.

Of course he's still a rat in your book. You have little choice as to the DJ matter. After your invective spiel in another thread that led to Bryan shutting the whole thing down, this kid could cure cancer tomorrow and you would still spew venom toward his way. Weis is over it; how about taking the hint.

Of course he's still a rat in your book. You have little choice as to the DJ matter. After your invective spiel in another thread that led to Bryan shutting the whole thing down, this kid could cure cancer tomorrow and you would still spew venom toward his way. Weis is over it; how about taking the hint.

Excellent post, I agree. Time to stop throwing barbs at a kid who admitted his mistakes. For Demi's short comings at least he was able to see them, apologize and move on. Personally I wish him the best and I assume Charlie and ND does too as things have cleared up. Very questionable why some people, Irish fans no less, drew a target around him from day one for some of his comments. The saying "if you can't say anything nice" would have been a better choice in alot of instances, unfortunately the high road wasn't taken.

Excellent post, I agree. Time to stop throwing barbs at a kid who admitted his mistakes. For Demi's short comings at least he was able to see them, apologize and move on. Personally I wish him the best and I assume Charlie and ND does too as things have cleared up. Very questionable why some people, Irish fans no less, drew a target around him from day one for some of his comments. The saying "if you can't say anything nice" would have been a better choice in alot of instances, unfortunately the high road wasn't taken.

Couldn't have said it better myself, good post.

look it is my opinion DJ damaged ND. That is something i do not allow. I call him a punk, you go deal with that. I am not taking the new cleared huggy huggy, kiss kiss all is Ok and we wish him well road like you guys do. My opinion.

I do not know about a hate filled invectiv4 as you alluded to that bryan shut down. As a Mod he can do what he pleases, I will ask. Send me the NIU fight song some time a year from now if you recall this incident at all again

Guest NDgirl09

People need to stop bashing this kid, sorry SJ, but he made a choice that he saw best fit for him. Sure, he knows Weis would/could have calmed him down, but in the end this is what he did, and what he believes is the best for him. Personally i wish him luck at NIU, and hope he does great things. He's a good kid and everyone has said he brought something great to the team in his personality. I'm sad to see him go, but not mad at all. Glad there are no hard feelings for him towards ND or Weis.

Look guys have your fun with what I said. Call me what you will you don't know me. As a white i tried my best to help form a Union for the Custodians, 95% black at U of L. I got crushed, creamed and destroyed by the U of l admin, like a 4 year fight. I know what a deserter, or punk is. I have been there when the local news lights go on and your on TV and all is huggy, but when they go off someone is sucking up to another. in the admin to betray you for a better job.

I was a member of the KY southern christian leadership counsil, we faced off on the local FBI and i gave em hell.

OK have it your way, He's no punk he's a wonderful human individual you want your daughter to date. I'll pay for the marrage license. :D

look it is my opinion DJ damaged ND. That is something i do not allow. I am not taking the new cleared huggy huggy, kiss kiss all is Ok and we wish him well road like you guys do. My opinion.

I do not know about a hate filled invectiv4 as you alluded to that bryan shut down. As a Mod he can do what he pleases, I will ask. Send me the NIU fight song some time a year from now if you recall this incident at all again

As a moderator, I enforce the rules. The rules explicitly prohibit name-calling and bashing, which extends to calling a player a "punk," too.

You may take whichever side of the isle you please—you've put forth your argument that you don't like his decision, which is fine—but bashing and resorting to name-calling will not be tolerated. Let's also keep in mind that players, recruits, and family members (see the situation with a current player on the roster, then a recruit, who made a visit to our sister site last year to defend himself against some baseless accusations that should have never been made by several people in the first place) do read these forums; let's try putting ourselves in their shoes.

That extends to everyone here, of course.

Guest irishrick

with all due respect to everyone Can see both sides of this thing with Jones, i agree he did the university wrong by just leaving the way he did, But I think that we need to put this to bed . Mr Jones has said he should have done things better, i agree charlie agrees , so lets wish the young man success in the future. and hope that the irish win and Jones wins. god bless all. go irish . :D

Way to bring it Scotty...California in the house!!! From day one I felt that the method of severing ties with the Irish was somewhat lacking. But I had to take a step back and wonder what was I really upset about here with DJ? In all honesty there was one, possibly two quarterbacks with a better chance at starting. Not to mention Dayne soon to arrive. I have come to the conclusion that alot of what I felt was tied in part to our not so great start. I was looking to vent , as most of us probably were?

Now I am in no way back peddling here, I still feel that his leaving left alot to be desired...but not once did I wish Demetrius ill. What advantage would keeping him or this issue going be? He has left, he has apologized...but mostly he has opened up another scholarship for someone wanting to be here. While I for one will not miss him...I for one wish him the best.

To those who know me, know that I enjoy an opinion as much as the next person. But remember...there is a fine line between concern and hate. Lets keep to the Irish side of this line...please?