New team Saturday vs. Mich St

bstokes

I have a good feeling about this weekend, and I believe its going to be a different team on the field against MSU. We're going to see the defense come out with that fire we've been waiting for that reflects Corwin Brown and his style of play. We'll get some big hits, some turnovers on defense that will spark the offense. We'll see the OL get nasty and drive block for once. We're going to see backs and receivers in the open field with a chance to make plays. Finally we will have some time to pass because they wont bew able to stack the line a blitz with reckless abandon. And hopefully we see that swagger that has been missing all this year. This is a HUGE game for us, and I think we get the message from training camp this week and come out with a sense of urgency, some confidence, and get a quick start in the game. A win this week give a different direction to the program this season. We need this. GO IRISH

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see the OL get nasty and drive block for once.

the perfomance of the OL will be the most important. if ND can get a nice running game going that will open up everything. ND doesn't have the most explosive WRs but they're not bad, if the OL can protect JC then CW will get the WRs open from his play calling. once the OL shows up then everythings has a good chance of falling into place.

Guest bfabes05

I think the biggest player this saturday for us besides the oline obviously, is gunna be james aldridge hopefully we can get the offense to block and aldridge can rack up some yardage and then we can set up playaction and passing period, john carlson hopefully

The thing actually going for us is that every team looks over non-winning teams to some degree. Teams that are not used to expecting to win games sometimes have a harder time dealing with this tendency. in teh Emotion side they have revenge from last year, the bump by having a new coach and winning, and confidence that they believe they will win.

Our young guys are winners and don't enjoy losing, our older guys both won under CW and lost under ty, this should motivate them to smack msu upside the head with a brick.

ND has to score first. Not a punt return or an interception, but a long smash mouth in your face long touchdown drive. I predict ND scores at least 3 TD's on offense. If it's enough who knows. But the offense has to show some signs of life.

3 TD'S :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mich st. is gonna blitz all day, and if our line doesn't stop them, we will be lucky to get 1 td.

i hope you are right though

ND has to score first. Not a punt return or an interception, but a long smash mouth in your face long touchdown drive. I predict ND scores at least 3 TD's on offense. If it's enough who knows. But the offense has to show some signs of life.

3 TD'S :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mich st. is gonna blitz all day, and if our line doesn't stop them, we will be lucky to get 1 td.

i hope you are right though

Best way to stop the blitz is have a good running game. Rip off some big gains and they won't be teeing off so easily. Hope this happens on Sat.

You guys are killing me today :D I was out side, was looking at theis near by Hospital builiding. I was thionking there isn't anything i can do for ND. And trying to recall the most helpless I ever felt.It was in a surburbon Hospital, My second Kidney stone, and if yous don't know what pain or -pissng blood is forget this. I'm on this stainless steel examing table in a cloth gown brittney spears wouldn't cover.

A closed room, there was some constrution going near by the Hosp.

As i said i am in this inclosed room about six feet off the florr and for all respects naked as a Jay Bird whr blam the lights go out. Totally dark you couldn't see a thing. I passed that kidney sone easy :lol:

Now look I don't know If there was a barane operation going on. I was only concerned with my pecker obseration.

When the lights go on you go on

Listen to me---------3 offensive TD's. Have I ever lied to you before??? :wink:

You've only got six posts, so in that time, I don't think you've had the chance to lie to us yet, haha. :lol:

I just found this site. I have been on others for years.

3 TDs on Saturday. Take it to the bank!

Listen to me---------3 offensive TD's. Have I ever lied to you before??? :wink:

You've only got six posts, so in that time, I don't think you've had the chance to lie to us yet, haha. :lol:

I just found this site. I have been on others for years.

3 TDs on Saturday. Take it to the bank!

Haha, ok, I'll take it to the bank. But, tell me what happens if you're wrong? 50 lashes with a wet noodle?

Hope you guys are right. I keep thinking how we need to sustain drives all the way down the field. Each play (unlike last year when it was a chance for big things to happen) seems like an opportunity for the other team to get a sack or big play. I'm sure that's how the O felt at some points as well.

Agree that the line has to play well, but these guys need to get confidence early and have something to build from. We'll really need to have every facet clicking, such as no penalties on kick-offs when Tate busts a nice 45-yard return.