To all recruits,,,,,,

SpeedsterX

We know you want to be playing on Sundays.

We know you want the big dollars that comes with the NFL!

We know you have your dreams of football glory.

I say good luck to you ALL!!!!!!

You can go anywhere anymore and be seen on TV, get exposure, be looked at by top Scouts.

If you are talented enough, you can make a name for yourselves just about anywhere.

But, there's only ONE place that makes legends. I know it's like looking at your father's graduation pictures but it still DOES make a difference. I've read tonight an article of a Notre Dame hater who even wanted to try and make sense of this years problems with the Irish.

What does that tell you? What does that say about Notre Dame Football??

As I was reading it, he was almost apologetic about not being able to say the Irish are good this year.

We (Notre Dame and subway alums) are very unheartened about the state of the football program right now but we do have faith in this coaching staff and know we are at the cusp of something very special. These media guys know it too!! When things start to sound the absolutely worst in the media for Notre Dame, THAT'S when you have to pay very close attention because THAT'S when like a beer bottle, it gets shaken and shaken (the media pouncing on misfortunes of Notre Dame) and suddenly with an explosion, the top gets popped and there's a big 'ol mess for everyone.

My point is this, Like I said before,,,,

Urban Meyer chose to go to Florida where it was easier to win a National Championship faster. That's good. And he did it!! If he wins even maybe 3 more, he will go down in history as a great coach! Like Jimmy Johnson or Pete Carroll. Great coaches at fine schools who made the pinnacle of College Football!

BUT!!! There IS a difference,,,,,,,,,

You coach or play at Notre Dame,

You win even just ONE National Championship at NOTRE DAME,,,,

You become LEGEND! IMMORTAL! YOU ARE WHAT EVERY PLAYER IN THE NATION FOREVER STRIVES TO BE!

A Johnny Lattner, a Knute Rockne, a Paul Hornung, a Moose Krause, one of the Four Horsemen, an Ara Parsegian, a Layden, a Crowley, a Holtz, a Tim Brown, a Rocket, a Rice, a Shark, a Quinn, a Theisman, Hell,,, even a Rudy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a HUGE difference between a Randy Moss (who is a great player) and a Joe Montana.

Notre Dame, even in the worst of times, IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE, relevant because it is THE BAR that everything else is measured in College Football. It's not opinion, it's not popular belief! Like CW said, "It is what it is!"

And THIS is Notre Dame Football!

Become a legend!!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOD COUNTRY NOTRE DAME

You'll pray to GOD to get on the field on Sunday.

You'll thank GOD for being born in the good old USA.

And if by chance you don't get called up to the podium on draft day or somehow make a team to play for on Sunday or get hurt.......

You'll thank GOD you went to good old NOTRE DAME.

Go Irish. :)

Most teams don't get any media covereage when they are underperforming like we have been. I remember when USC was laughable, and no one noticed. For much of the 20th century scUM hadn't been winning a NC, and it never made headlines week after week after week. Even this season, scUM was a preseason top 5 team, lost to app, st. and oregon huge, but getting just as much covereage was ND. On top of that, its not like we were expected to win many games. Much of the media, out of spite, were reporting ND's possible 0-8 season. While it appears to be looking like they are geniouses, they said the same thing in 2005. They hate ND. Either way you go recruits, if you walk down the street wearing ND Alumni shirt a lot of people ask you if you really wnet there and ask you about ND. I don't know how many strangers at airports have come up to me and tell their family stories of which grandfather went there, or how they always wanted to go but weren't able to get in or go to college at all. Rudy wasn't the oly person who dreamed of ND as a child. When i go to job interviews no matter what else I have done, ND is always greeted with a wow. I have have interviewers start making fun of ND football, and while they may not like ND they respect it.

Plus recruits, let us say that thigs don't work out with football, or it does but you want to make a difference in the world after a few seasons of pro ball, ND alumni network is spectacular. I know alumni of all the top programs are kind to ex-footballers, but the special thing is that ND alum take care of ALL ND grads. I moved home, called up an member of ND class '63, whom I looked up on an online diriectory, got an interview, and a job when they were not even hiring. PLEASE RECUITS REMEMBER WHY YOU FELL IN LOVE WITH ND!!! Last years' class is here now and playing. The o-line will be experienced, JC will be game hardened and ready to completely learn the O(and for Dayne Crist this means you can red shirt and learn the O so you can be as amazing and crist like as we know you are), come and win and most importantly recruits, become a legend.

Thanks guys and hey,

I LOVE snow!!!

The changing of the seasons. Cool crisp air, you take a deep breath and makes you feel alive.

Swiss Mountain (not far from South Bend), Fireplaces in ski lodges,,,, SNOW BUNNIES!!!!

Sure it can get cold, but THAT'S what body heat is for!! :wink: :D

Thanks guys and hey,

I LOVE snow!!!

The changing of the seasons. Cool crisp air, you take a deep breath and makes you feel alive.

Swiss Mountain (not far from South Bend), Fireplaces in ski lodges,,,, SNOW BUNNIES!!!!

Speedy...Swiss Mountain! hahah. I haven't heard of that place for awhile. We used to call it Swiss Ditch. For the folks not from around here, you have to understand that this is God's "flat" country and that is, inherantly, not good for DOWNHILL skiing. That's why I always laughed at Swiss Valley. LA has bigger landfills than Swiss Valley!!! Thanks for bringing that up Speedy. I assume you're another one of the good guys eh (local)?

Thanks guys and hey,

I LOVE snow!!!

Speedy...Swiss Mountain! hahah. I haven't heard of that place for awhile. We used to call it Swiss Ditch. For the folks not from around here, you have to understand that this is God's "flat" country and that is, inherantly, not good for DOWNHILL skiing. That's why I always laughed at Swiss Valley. LA has bigger landfills than Swiss Valley!!! Thanks for bringing that up Speedy. I assume you're another one of the good guys eh (local)?

One of my roommates grew up near Jackson Hole and when I asked him how the tryout for the ski team went at Swiss Valley, he laughed and said "I went straight down and stopped. Everyone else was turning, but there was no reason to turn at all."

Did everyone forget that Randy Moss was an Irish recruit by Lou and then he got in a fight and ND couldn't accept him? So Lou called Bobby B at FSU and Randy went there and got into more trouble which led him to Marshall. So, even the "Freak" was Irish until he got a little too Randy!!!!

Most teams don't get any media covereage when they are underperforming like we have been. I remember when USC was laughable, and no one noticed. For much of the 20th century scUM hadn't been winning a NC, and it never made headlines week after week after week. Even this season, scUM was a preseason top 5 team, lost to app, st. and oregon huge, but getting just as much covereage was ND. On top of that, its not like we were expected to win many games. Much of the media, out of spite, were reporting ND's possible 0-8 season. While it appears to be looking like they are geniouses, they said the same thing in 2005. They hate ND. Either way you go recruits, if you walk down the street wearing ND Alumni shirt a lot of people ask you if you really wnet there and ask you about ND. I don't know how many strangers at airports have come up to me and tell their family stories of which grandfather went there, or how they always wanted to go but weren't able to get in or go to college at all. Rudy wasn't the oly person who dreamed of ND as a child. When i go to job interviews no matter what else I have done, ND is always greeted with a wow. I have have interviewers start making fun of ND football, and while they may not like ND they respect it.

Plus recruits, let us say that thigs don't work out with football, or it does but you want to make a difference in the world after a few seasons of pro ball, ND alumni network is spectacular. I know alumni of all the top programs are kind to ex-footballers, but the special thing is that ND alum take care of ALL ND grads. I moved home, called up an member of ND class '63, whom I looked up on an online diriectory, got an interview, and a job when they were not even hiring. PLEASE RECUITS REMEMBER WHY YOU FELL IN LOVE WITH ND!!! Last years' class is here now and playing. The o-line will be experienced, JC will be game hardened and ready to completely learn the O(and for Dayne Crist this means you can red shirt and learn the O so you can be as amazing and crist like as we know you are), come and win and most importantly recruits, become a legend.

Great post Joe. Speedster, nice thread.

Did everyone forget that Randy Moss was an Irish recruit by Lou and then he got in a fight and ND couldn't accept him? So Lou called Bobby B at FSU and Randy went there and got into more trouble which led him to Marshall. So, even the "Freak" was Irish until he got a little too Randy!!!!

I heard that but didn't believe it. Hear it twice and then you start to believe a little more. Also saw Marshall for the first time last night and even though it's no Rudy it was a pretty good movie. Just hope that doesn't happen to us. Where we celebrate like we just won a bowl game at the end if we win. If one student rushes the field, I will not watch. But then again they did win one more for the year and right now that's not looking so bad. J/K just anxious for the game.