Ex-Notre Dame QB Jones expects to play at N. Ill. next year

GwoodND

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-notredame-jones&prov=ap&type=lgns

Sounds like he is all about him. I can see that he may of been hert a little by what CW said, but he should of know that JC would get the job some time. I believe if DJ played better he may be still playing for a while but, that didn't happen. I still say he should of gave ND coaches and the University a little more respect than what he did.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deimos GWoood. A punk

Criticize me all you want he is a ME street...... Punk..... kid. Sure... sure... someone miss led him.. sr\ure sure his ashtray with a roach was anothers... sure, sure. Wow it was a relatives.

What can I say? This mouth ...the self pro clamied general , flopped, failed, folded and collapsed, have fun at NIU you sure arent getting to the NFL

I think the way he handled this shows why he did so poorly. His lack of maturity and understanding have clearly misled him. Even if what he says is true to the tee. Even if Weis "misled" him, and even if he is angry at the whole situation, he is still an adult. He needs to learn to handle himself like an adult. You don't just get up and walk out because things didn't go your way. I don't see Sharpley getting all bent out of shape. Sharpley may not be in total agreeance with the call by CW to have Clausen take the reigns, but he is supporting the team and is backing Clausen the best he can. If Jones had a problem, he should have taken it up with Weis before the Michigan game. Charlie didn't even know what he had done, because he found out when he didn't get on the bus to Michigan. No wonder you flopped. You couldn't handle yourself on the field or off of it Jones. What did you expect?! Very disappointing turn of events for a player who could have offered much more.

-MW-

Did Charlie let him out of his contract? I mean, he was obligated to play for us in return for a scholarship. Just because he decides he doesn't want to play for us, doesn't mean he is out of his obligation. I would love to see Charlie bring the hammer.

That would be pretty kewl if he did. Just to see what kind of reaction we would get out of DJ.

I think the way he handled this shows why he did so poorly. His lack of maturity and understanding have clearly misled him. Even if what he says is true to the tee. Even if Weis "misled" him, and even if he is angry at the whole situation, he is still an adult. He needs to learn to handle himself like an adult. You don't just get up and walk out because things didn't go your way. I don't see Sharpley getting all bent out of shape. Sharpley may not be in total agreeance with the call by CW to have Clausen take the reigns, but he is supporting the team and is backing Clausen the best he can. If Jones had a problem, he should have taken it up with Weis before the Michigan game. Charlie didn't even know what he had done, because he found out when he didn't get on the bus to Michigan. No wonder you flopped. You couldn't handle yourself on the field or off of it Jones. What did you expect?! Very disappointing turn of events for a player who could have offered much more.

-MW-

I am sure if Jones had the time to look around for a school like Frazer did, he wouldn't have left so abruptly. Jones was named winner of the QB derby, only to hear he wasn't really, and he was keeping the seat warm for when Clausen was healthy. Weis mislead him, no matter how a person cuts it.

I truly believe if Weis was truly honest about this competition, Jones wouldn't be so hurt to do what he had done to the team. Weis would tell Jones that Clausen had won during spring, instead of just cutting Zach Frazer. Weis would tell Jones that he was only a temporary starter until Clausen was healthy, not start him and yank him after two quarters. Weis basically said that Clausen was the clear cut winner after the GT game, and it seemed like he knew Clausen would take over long before the GT game was played. Why did Jones seem so surprised? Maybe because Weis wasn't completely honest with him. Why would Jones want to play for Weis, who played mind games with him all summer? Jones didn't really have much of a chance, and Weis knew that Clausen was the clear cut winner, operation or not. Still, Weis made it seem like Jones was the winner, only to have heard he was not really the winner. Heard from Weis not person-to-person, but through the press conference.

I think in Jones's mind, if coach wasn't man enough to tell me I wasn't the real winner in person, why should I tell him in person I am transferring elsewhere? He will hear the news the same way I heard the news about me not really winning the QB competition...through the media.

Guest AtlantaIrish

Great points Mikey G. Charlie deserves some of the blame here for not being completely honest with Jones, but I still think he could have handled it better obviously.

I'm not sure about all this. Weis bluntly said Sharpley managed the team best, JC, threw the best etc. That left DJ knowing exactly where he was on the pecking order. Now you get into the season, and he was absolutely crushed as a starter. (He started) and failed BAD. Then he abruptly stays off the bus and deserts. Deserting it is indeed with the season on. :twisted: He has no respect from me this GENERAL and LEADER as he terms himself. Go find another relative to claim the joint in the ashtray was his not yours. :evil:

I'm not going to judge Weis on what DJ said that he said. I think that DJ made some assumptions after being named the starter for the GT game, not so much that he was told one thing or another.

I know for sure I don't know like how DJ left the program. I don't like fact that he practiced with the team while he was enrolled at NIU. I'm not thrilled with the lack of respect he showed the coaching staff, his team mates, and the university.

If your not happy, walk in the coaches office, tell him you want to transfer and be done with it. The "in the shadows" process that went on doesn't shine a favorable light on DJ.

I'm not going to judge Weis on what DJ said that he said. I think that DJ made some assumptions after being named the starter for the GT game, not so much that he was told one thing or another.

I know for sure I don't know like how DJ left the program. I don't like fact that he practiced with the team while he was enrolled at NIU. I'm not thrilled with the lack of respect he showed the coaching staff, his team mates, and the university.

If your not happy, walk in the coaches office, tell him you want to transfer and be done with it. The "in the shadows" process that went on doesn't shine a favorable light on DJ.

Fanatic...IMO, you have hit the nail on the head so to speak. In fact, I couldn't add anything to this. Only to say this mirrors my thoughts completely.

I have a hard time believeing DJ. First, Weis was on the record numerous times that he hadn't even told the starting quarterback who the starting quarterback was going to be. I remember that because Weis didn't want to put the quarterback in a position to have to lie to the press.

So, there is some inconsistency between the fact DJ is saying he was led to believe by Weis that he was the starter, when JC in fact it was going to be JC, and Weis' statement.

Moreover, I have a hard time sypathizing, believing, siding with somebody that practices with the team all week, taking up valuable practice time for reserve players, and then goes to Dekalb, Illinois, instead of getting on the bus to Michigan. Absolutely classless, regardless of whatever apologies or explanations that he has given since.

Also, I wonder if CW was disappointed by the fact that DJ's high school coach was effectively saying that DJ was going to be the starter before the Georgia Tech game. Its all in retrospect, but I'm sure that CW was perturbed by that fact, especially with the secrecy that CW wanted around that question.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I did a "Contribution" article on the home page about this, but they haven't posted it yet. Had he acted like an adult, and came out and explained his actions, then maybe. But if he had acted like an adult, he would have told Weis and the others first. He is a child who is screaming for attention. Once my article gets the thumbs up or down, I am not giving him any more. (The only reason he is getting ANY is because it effects ND).

-MW-

I'm not sure about all this. Weis bluntly said Sharpley managed the team best, JC, threw the best etc. That left DJ knowing exactly where he was on the pecking order. Now you get into the season, and he was absolutely crushed as a starter. (He started) and failed BAD. Then he abruptly stays off the bus and deserts. Deserting it is indeed with the season on. :twisted: He has no respect from me this GENERAL and LEADER as he terms himself. Go find another relative to claim the joint in the ashtray was his not yours. :evil:

Sorry I must dispute Sir John, but how in the world did Jones know where he was on the pecking order??? All Weis said was that Jones was the play maker, therefore that makes him the last quarterback in the race??? Please explain Sir John how Jones should have interpreted Weis saying he made the most plays. How that should make Jones assume he was dead last in the race.

That is right Sir John. He started. Since Weis was so discreet about the way he handled the quarterbacks, wouldn't it be safe to assume he won the quarterback competition??? If I were in Jones shoes, and I got the nod to start against GT, I would have felt the coaches had the confidence in me to be their QB. Not just start one game. And DEFINITELY not to hear that I never really won the QB derby after the game was over, and hear the coach that he will stick with just one QB. I personally would have felt to be lead on. You can probably do that to adults in the NFL, but not a 19 year old kid in college.

Again, I understand the way he left the team is terrible and unforgivable, but in my opinion, this could have ALL been avoided if Charlie was honest with Jones like he said he would be ALL SPRING AND SUMMER.

I can't believe that in his heart-of-hearts that DJ thinks he is a better QB than Clausen. If he actually believes that, when reality really hits him, its going to hit hard.

I think he does think he's better. He may be the better athlete, but clearly not the better QB. Sad really for him. The way he left doesn't show a lot of character or class. This is like the spoiled brat who takes his ball and goes home ending the pick-up game b/c he struck out or lost...

It would be great if ND could send him a letter and ask for their $40,000 back for this year just to teach these kids a lesson. I'm sorry, but you don't stomp your feet walking out the door and give up on your teammates the night before the third game of the season unless you're a six-year-old.

Guest irishrick

d fense, that's how i feel , i think he is just a little in-mature and it will not help him in the future , whether its ND NIU or MacDonald's. he made his choice so live with it. end of discussion . lets move on to better things. go irish. :)