Most of you should be ashamed of yourselves.......

Guest Supreme 79

Guest Supreme 79

We all knew or kinda expected that we would start out slow with all of our inexperience and the lack of talent that Ty left us. Yeah we didnt think it was going to be this bad...but for most people especially the "well known and respected DD's" to sit here and trash Coach Weis is just plain BS!!! You all sat here and praise him the first two seasons and this spring and summer with his recruiting...now this happens and everyone is calling for his head. You people need to step back and relax...let Coach Weis get all of his players in here and then see what happens. At least give him that before you call for his head. In all honesty you people (you know who you are) sound like whiney Yankees fans who are just spoiled brats...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We all knew or kinda expected that we would start out slow with all of our inexperience and the lack of talent that Ty left us. Yeah we didnt think it was going to be this bad...but for most people especially the "well known and respected DD's" to sit here and trash Coach Weis is just plain BS!!! You all sat here and praise him the first two seasons and this spring and summer with his recruiting...now this happens and everyone is calling for his head. You people need to step back and relax...let Coach Weis get all of his players in here and then see what happens. At least give him that before you call for his head. In all honesty you people (you know who you are) sound like whiney Yankees fans who are just spoiled brats...

Supreme, brother...you had until the 'whiney Yankee fan' remark. As I love the Irish...so do I love the Yankees. Anyway, your post pretty much summed it up. Though I also agree with most of the posters here too...I myself am not in a rush to see Coach Weis being shown the door.

It's all about the passion, and how we see where we should be...in our own minds. Just like your opinion, you bring another view to consider, to ponder. Thanks.

Guest irishangler

i am confused! i thought this year was his players. i expected a team to progress, not regress! this is a pathetic team with no enthusiasm, both on offense and defense. this was a complete regression from last week. i am not panicking, b/c the doubt should have started two weeks ago. our offensive line could not block St Mary;s School for the Blind. Inexperience or not, blocking is blocking ... if all else fails, hit someone in a different jersey. right now i am truly ashamed for the first time in 28 years,

Guest Supreme 79

sorry irishanglers its fans like you(no offense) and those ESPN people that just dont understand what we are going through. please understand im REALLY not trying to be rude...im just very frustrated...we still have Ty's "players"...it's Ty's lack of quality recruiting that put us in this position. Go look up past posts there is plenty about this subject. DD is a peaceful place and im sorry if this past post was out of line i just cant take this nonsense...Sorry

Guest irishangler

i am sorry, but pathetic play is what it is. 0 offensive touchdowns in 3 games is a joke. for crying outloud, even buffalo's offensive scored on penn state, which we could not. rebuilding is just an excuse ... and hopefully this exuse will placate enough fans until the end of the season. maybe then by next season, we will no longer have any excuses... which is all we have now.

our offensive line could not block St Mary;s School for the Blind. Inexperience or not, blocking is blocking ... if all else fails, hit someone in a different jersey.

You know, I had thought I heard every answer for just about every question, until right now. Sarcasim aside irishangler, you without a doubt hit the nail on the head...

if all else fails, hit someone in a different jersey.

It really shouldn't be any simpler than this. When we get this right...then maybe we can work on blocking schemes for a play action right.

sorry irishanglers its fans like you(no offense) and those ESPN people that just dont understand what we are going through. please understand im REALLY not trying to be rude...im just very frustrated...we still have Ty's "players"...it's Ty's lack of quality recruiting that put us in this position. Go look up past posts there is plenty about this subject. DD is a peaceful place and im sorry if this past post was out of line i just cant take this nonsense...Sorry

Never be sorry for posting your opinions. As long as we do not attack one another, it is all good. This is in fact Domer Domain; Notre Dame Football News And Forum: Intelligent talk about Notre Dame Football and Fighting Irish sports. And intelligent talk and opinions are welcome. And if you have any Notre Dame related news...please share that also!

Guest Supreme 79

ummmmm yea im sure PSU was on their top game against buffalo...puuhhhhhhhhhhleeeeeeeeeeeeze!!!!! they wanted to destroy us because of what we did to them last year. to compare us vs PSU and Buffalo vs PSU is completey absurd. please get a clue! fairweather fans like you just bring us down...im sure you will be all peachy when we are back in the BCS and competing for a national championship in a year or two...

Guest irishangler

i am sorry...maybe you never played competitive sports...but play is play...last timed i checke..."our" offense could not score 24 points on PSU 1st tean, 2nd team, or 3rd team...or any Gt or UM team for that matter.... so...before you call me a fair weather fan.. ..check your reality....as CW said at his first or so presser..you are what you are..and right now we are a team that has looked AWFUL the last 5 games we have played...and by the way...thanks for calling me a fair weather fan...that means a lot to me ... sniff sniff

Guest irishangler

and if we get "back"in the bcs like we have the last two years and get the S&**%# blown out of us...i am sorry supreme..but u are wrong..i will not be be "peachy" .....quite the contrary my fellow fan

Excuse my language but SHUT UP, this is ridiculous. DD is the one place I expected to have educated opinions, but we sound just as bad as the main board. We don't have to be happy with what we see, and I'm sure a lot of us are acting out of anger, but as hard as it is, this is the time to stick by your program and your coach regardless if we are embarrased or not.

We all knew that this was going to be a rebuidling year...so everyone needs to calm the hell down!!!!

We have three new starters on the line a freshman rb who is not use to picking up blitzes and a freshman QB!!!

A tough ass schedule not a cupcake one like all other schools do to start a season and get their young players eady!!!!

so calm the hell down and remeber that we still have the #1 recruiting class coming in next year!!!

Charlie is not going any where he will be fine.!!!

You are all acting like bandwagon fans!!!!

Guest rocketsan22

I've read most of the posts, if there is one post about Weis' job, there are twenty about the O-Line's poor performance.

All the Weis's posts eed to stop. Even more so are the "these are Ty's players..." posts. Those are a cop out. A carpenter never blames his tools.

If there's frustration evident, it was the -4 rushing yards per game going in to yesterday. Heaven help what that stat is now with those wayward snaps. We have all seen a group of young men who are playing without any fire and it shows each and every time the quarterback gets sacked or knocked down...every time they get blown back off the line...every time they walk off the field with their heads held down...every time WE shake our heads because of poor play selection...

Charlie doeshave to take some responsibility for this, as do the captains and senior players. Not one individual has stepped up to lead on the field.

I have to admit that I wanted to smack Mike Hart in the mouth yesterday for the swagger he showed leading up to the game (the coin toss; on the sidelines right before kick off) but as the game progressed, I felt that I admired the fact that he stepped up out of necessity.

Who's going to do that for us?

I felt the same way about Hart.

That young man was frustrated and took it into his hands to motivate his team. Took the chance at the risk of great embarrassment to give his team a spark.

That young man backed his words up with personal performance and leadership.

Every time he ran the ball, I just kept thinking, who is going to step up for us like he did for his team??!!

Is it too much trouble to ask for a team to improve over a 3 week span?

Saying that we don't like the irish for being critical is as absurd as the O line play.

the new 34 D is not playing out the way it is supposed to because the guys carrying out the scheme are a bunch of that don't hit anyone. there is no life to this team at all and it needs to stop.

Weis can't be recruiting every 4 and 5 star bust, Can He? NO! get back to the basics and play your guys.

Sully sits, at least he has a degree from ND. This team is undisciplined on both sides of the ball and that is COACHING AND ONLY COACHING.....

I gotta say alot of of people here have the psyche's of 4 year olds. This is a discussion forum about ND football and guess what, we suck. Almost every poster here is here because they are an ND football fan, not to be a nuisance and cause trouble.

With that said, there is something to be said about being a realist and the sad, sad reality is that Notre Dame football is a complete and utter joke right now. We are probably the worst team in the country. I agree, we have no fire, no leadership, no enthusiasm, and no fundamentals. I am one of the most critical people here on the offensive line, but there is wayyyy more wrong with this team than just that. WE HAVEN'T SCORED AN OFFENSIVE TD IN 3 GAMES. That is mind boggling. We have scored all of 2 field goals in 3 games, one of which was because of a punt return that placed the ball inside the 10 and we still couldn't cash in. I believe we lost yardage on the drive even! The play calling has been awful, almost as bad as the line.

Even our D, everyone wants to give Corwin a pass. We gave up 38 points to a team starting a freshman QB making his first start. We couldn't tackle Choice, we couldn't tackle anyone on Penn St. and Mike Hart was running like a greased pig yesterday. What do we have, 3 sacks this year? Our blitzes don't get there, our corners are constantly smoked (still) and the only people I see with any enthusiasm are Mo Crum, David Bruton, and Darrin Walls.

You guys can get all emotional and attack each other if you want, but I'm gonna call a spade a spade. This team, this year is about as unwatchable a team as I have ever seen. And that is not a fairweather fan talking, thank you. I've watched almost every minute of the first 3 games, hoping, praying that we would at least show some competitive spirit and make some plays, Improve at least a little. Absolutely nothing. I said it last night and I'll say it again, this team right now is much more painful to watch and bad than any team Bob Davie or Ty ever fielded.

Thats all I got, my mind is drained. ND football....wow.