A Picture says 1000 words

Franco

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clausen took some big shots today. i cant even remember what time it was(whole game seems like a blur) but Clausen stepped back to pass and a Michigan defender came in from the backside and just squared in on his back and took him down. i was surprised Clausen even held onto the ball.

I still think that we will be a better team .... A coach needs 4 years to truly tunr a situation around!

So do I. But the scene that said it all really was when Jimmy took his first time out, and walked to the sidelines just before going to a commercial. Coach Weis seemed under alot of stress and looked bewildered?

I still think that we will be a better team .... A coach needs 4 years to truly turn a situation around!

Hey Ellllllll Senor! I've seen you throw people out of your house for bringing warm beer! When did you become so tolerant? Oh wait! I know this.........................that's right! You're a CUBS fan!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Okay! CW you have another 86 years to win!!!! No sweat. We don't want to shake things up! Bring on the Wexford! To Hynoski!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

All sarcasm aside (I've read enough of your posts to know, El Senor :lol: ) I think this team would drastically improve if we could simply learn to block better!

I concur with both of you. Mainly because senor has always been pretty straight forward, and atrain, your passion for the Irish is obvious. And may I please be the first to go on record as saying...'Let's pray on this'...

But the scene that said it all really was when Jimmy took his first time out, and walked to the sidelines just before going to a commercial. Coach Weis seemed under alot of stress and looked bewildered?

Dreamer - I know CW looked bewildered, but not as some say b/c he is lost and doesn't know what is going on, rather bewildered that his Oline can't seem to block anyone...

I hope Weis shakes up the o-line this week and puts some new starters in. Something needs to happen to get the guys to step up and play like they should. Until that happens, teams are going to keep blitzing us and putting Clausen on his back.

The play where the safety nailed Clausen in his back, I would agree with the who ever said that he should have seen that coming. I would just like to see this weekend an o-line that has improved. If that happens, then I think we can start winning some games.

But the scene that said it all really was when Jimmy took his first time out, and walked to the sidelines just before going to a commercial. Coach Weis seemed under alot of stress and looked bewildered?

Dreamer - I know CW looked bewildered, but not as some say b/c he is lost and doesn't know what is going on, rather bewildered that his Oline can't seem to block anyone...

I felt this to be the reason also. Was just terrible to see going into a commercial though. Oh well...its another week. Let's do this!!!

I can't remember for sure which game it was but I'm fairly certain it was the BC-GT game. And there was one play where the guard and center were workin on the DT. The DT tried to shoot the gap but the OG pushed him with one arm back in front of the center so he could block him solo, all while looking to the outside to see if a blitz was coming. The blitz never came so he helped the T with the DE.

I was never an offensive lineman, just a poor man's offensive lineman (TE). So I don't know a lot about it. But I do know there is a feel and an anticipation to be an offensive lineman. Just like the QB is supposed to feel what's going on in the pocket , so too should the OL. And I also always remember my coach yelling "keep your head on a swivel."

I've noticed our offensive lineman seem to lack that ability. Once they engage someone that's where they stay. They don't look for a blitz coming, they certainly don't block one guy while looking for someone else, they don't keep their head on a swivel.

I got this from OC Domer. A great read but I chose his Green Bay sweep. A thing I saw it in the 60's myself and it was unstoppable, It is true the D would be yelling the caLL

SWEEP, SWEEP AND NOTHING THEY COULD DO TO STOP IT.

Fuzzy, kramer, Ringo and Hornung. Lombardi explained it as pure over and over and yet over again O line practice. Repetition till you know what each was doing and when you had to block or what have you. Everyone was on the same page. They did not do so much as to defend against the sweep later as simply personnel changes came in and they were not all on the same page. (Leadership, comes in there and guys simply busting butts.) You don't have that my friend you come up very empty.

It is but a WE mentality not an I or ME. (DJ Your burned)

Thanks OC I sent it as I said to my friend Coach Dan a big GB guy

The sweep

http://www.footballresearch.com/articles/frpage.cfm?topic=5-sweep

OC Domers Blog for the rest

http://ocdomer.blogspot.com/index.html

Franco,

It's certainly not like I took the picture! I just grabbed it off the web (SI.com has great photo galleries of the big games each Saturday) and threw it up on my blog. So no need to apologize!

I, too, thought it was a perfect illustration of how our day went.

OC Domer