1 - 11 ?

Franco

I just looked at the schedule, and seriously, the only team I see us beating is Duke, and that's still a toss up from the way the team has been playing.

Air Force just upset TCU which I think is a very solid football team, and Navy is looking pretty good. I seriously don't care that those teams have weaker schedules than us, right now, I think we still wouldn't win if we had their schedules. At least they can move the ball instead of constantly going 3 and out, or turning the ball over.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a downer, but a 1-11 record could be reality if we don't do something fast!

what do you guys/girls think?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate to say this but if ND doesnt improve they arnt beating anyone, Duke included. i have no idea the talent level of Duke, but i think its safe to say they arnt very good. right now Duke has a better football team than ND, atleast theyve been able to score some points. if they were to play next week i think ND could have a good chance at losing playing the way they are.

one positive thing for ND is that they finish the season after a bye week with home games to Navy, Duke, Air Force, and then finishing on the road at Stanford. luckily those are the last 4 games so there is time to improve and be in a better position to win those ball games.. but the next 5 games could be scary (Michigan St, @Purdue, @UCLA, Boston College, USC)

i hate to think of the way ND is going to play against USC, im not sure i even want to watch that game.

Yikes. ND loses 3 games to three high quality opponents, and people here are talking 1-11?! COME ON!

Stanford sucks big time. If you think our O-line is bad, watch a Stanford game. Seriously. They suck bad, even against bad opponents. Duke is possibly the worst team in the FCS. Air Force got REAL lucky against TCU, with everything going the right way in the 4th quarter. EVERYTHING.

But there is no way ND will go 0-12 or 1-11. I guarantee it!

Yikes. ND loses 3 games to three high quality opponents, and people here are talking 1-11?! COME ON!

Stanford sucks big time. If you think our O-line is bad, watch a Stanford game. Seriously. They suck bad, even against bad opponents. Duke is possibly the worst team in the FCS. Air Force got REAL lucky against TCU, with everything going the right way in the 4th quarter. EVERYTHING.

But there is no way ND will go 0-12 or 1-11. I guarantee it!

At least Air Force can capitalize on those lucky breaks they got. I remember an play where Air Force was 4 and 1 and really needed the 1st down. ND wouldn't have converted that 4th down, but Air Force did because they can actually execute a run play

I'd say realistically we improve a little bit over the year and our defense is able to overwhelm a few teams, leaving us at 2-10. Predictions:

MSU 27 ND 3

Purdue 48 ND 10

UCLA 28 ND 0

USC 72 ND 0

BC 34 ND 7

ND 10 Stanford 3

ND 13 Duke 10

Navy 23 ND 10 - Fist loss since Roger Staubach's Days!

AFU 27 ND 6

Sorry I know these aren't in order.....

I think 72 was being conservative! Poodle would run it up just to rub it in on JC and CW. I bet they can score 100 on us. Our defense can only rotate so many guys and be on the field so long.

I'm sure they could...I'm thinking our defense will be playing their absolute best as well as having the "home field advantage"..that's why its only 72

Guest NDstud21

We're not going to go 1-11.

I really think we can beat Michigan State next week if we make some major improvements in practice this week. Don't throw the season away yet.

We're not going to go 1-11.

I really think we can beat Michigan State next week if we make some major improvements in practice this week. Don't throw the season away yet.

There's no way we beat that caliber of a team. We have a decent shot at beating Duke and Stanford, and a 50-50 shot at Air Force and Navy.

MSU can rush the passer and they have Jehuu Culcrick. We're dead.

Can we maybe implement some plays with JC out of the shoutgun? Certainly can't hurt right. 4 WR sets with Armando next to Jimmy. And please less Hord and West, more Kamara and Tate. Goodman I can't wait to see him in there because he will provide some size. Mr. Floyd please pull the trigger on ND or someone, at least that way I won't get my hopes up.

Guest irishrick

THE IRISH WILL PREVAIL. AND WE WILL IMPROVE, seems like a few have fallen off the wagon , suck it up domers ,where is your loyalty ? . go irish . team, win or lose its still notre dame and we will return. , go irish. :D

THE IRISH WILL PREVAIL. AND WE WILL IMPROVE, seems like a few have fallen off the wagon , suck it up domers ,where is your loyalty ? . go irish . team, win or lose its still notre dame and we will return. , go irish. :D

No falling off the wagon here, I could give a damn, if we go 0-12, as long as I know the team did their best and was really fighting hard out there, but the team looks like they're standing around, possible from not knowing what they're doing, or even worse, not caring.