I'm on the Bandwagon

Ray Herring

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Latina is the offensive line coach, and the offensive coordinator? Weis handles the offensive plays and what not right? and Latina handles the offensive line?

the offensive line has been the biggest problem for ND and if its Latina's fault then he has to be considered to be let go. but will someone new improve the offensive line?

Chiro,

I have my letter typed and ready to send. this is absolutely absurd. I feel like we all have been shafted.

this year will be 2-10. at least there won't be a bowl loss...... :wink:

guys. We have lost to 3 quality teams. I am not saying we will win the rest of our games(DUH) but i believe we will win our last 4 games and possibly MSU, and MAYBE purdue. 6 and 6 is definitly possible. We are young and we are picking up good experience. But yeah, Latina needs to be fired

John Latina is the offensive line coach, and the offensive coordinator?

No, Mike Haywood is the offensive coordinator and running backs coach.

Correct...and I don't blame Haywood b/c Ladainain Tomlinson couldn't gain 5 yards with this OL. Its all Latina...and partially on Weis for keeping Latina and allowing him to suck so bad under his watch

I will honest, I as an optimist felt that 9 - 3 was realistic. But some of us here, our foundation type posters all felt that we would be maybe 6 - 6. And these posters, these whom I call brothers here at Domer Domain, did not waiver in their support for the Irish...and not one was asking for Coach Weis's head.

Did any of us (besides me) really, honestly feel that we were going to be 3 - 0 at this point? Sure, even the most pessimistic of us all did not see us being this bad at this point. And it really does begin with offensive line. They can't really be that bad individually, talent wise...they almost have to be coached to be that bad. Therefore, it may be good for all concerned that John Latina goes?

But would would be the reprecussions with his leaving, if this were to happen? How will that affect us in the recruiting arena?

Yes, I am in agreement. SOMETHING has to change and I, for one, think it's Latina.

BUT, I am STILL a believer in CW! He called the right plays (99%) and you could put Joe Montana behind center and with THIS line, he'd look like crap.

The D can hold up and seems to make pretty good plays although they should have blitzed more on the young QB early.

CW cannot do everything but he can change things to improve and in this case I believe Latina needs to be replaced.

It sucks but with a bad D line and good O line, the O can always put more points on the board,,,

BUT, it's MUCH worse with a terrible O line and decent D line because if you don't score points, it doesn't matter how good the defense is. They'll eventually get gassed and then things get out of control like we've seen for the last 3 games.

Defense wins Championships but the Oline is the most important link in the chain. Hopefully something will be done and fast!!

Good post, Speedster. I agree with everything, except...I think you are taking it too easy on CW. I worry that he allowed Latina to let the OL digress to this level

I honestly don't think Charlie thought it could get THIS bad. Well,,, here it is, it's THAT bad.

You are right, CW might should have done something sooner and it's my hope he finally gets it and does the hard things he must.

Charlie has got to know that it is now a done deal with Latina.

I predict Latina replaced by game 5.

I'm with speedster. No one cAN LOOK good behind this line. It's a shame.

And damn it we should be looking good with Aldrige, Schwaap, Schmidt, Allen and Hughes coming out of the backfield. Carlson, Rueland, Ragone, Tate, Kamara, Grimes and West recieving the ball. We honestly should be looking good. Simply block the guys up front for pass protection, and push the defenders back for the run.

Guest irishrick

come on guys and gal. we played against some very good teams and we still have a ways to go , iam sure cw and the fella thats at the off line coach will get the up or out talk from cw, Just remember this EVERYONE LOVES TO BEAT NOTRE DAME, AND IT REAL EASY TO GET BIG MO GOING WE LOST THE GAME ON THE FIRST COUPLE OF PLAYS, AM still looking for the defense to keep us in the game , till the offense comes around.

come on guys and gal. we played against some very good teams and we still have a ways to go , iam sure cw and the fella thats at the off line coach will get the up or out talk from cw, Just remember this EVERYONE LOVES TO BEAT NOTRE DAME, AND IT REAL EASY TO GET BIG MO GOING WE LOST THE GAME ON THE FIRST COUPLE OF PLAYS, AM still looking for the defense to keep us in the game , till the offense comes around.

Appreciate the optimism, Irishrick..but that "up or out" talk should have happened last year with Latina. Fact is, our OL was subpar last year with a bunch of seniors manning the line. He can't coach, he's worthless, and its a travesty that Latina is still here. I'll go ahead and say it....Minter is even a better coach than Latina

I have been on this board since the dinosaurs roamed the earth. My post count should be measured with carbon dating. Guys I hate to break it to you but it will get worse before it gets better and if CW dump Latina now then we most likely will not have an O-line coach. SO I guess we have to keep them around until next year. BTW Boston College is manhandling Georgia Tech.