D JONES You hurt us

Guest SirJohn

DJ this transfer crap hurts ND. You hurt ND you hurt me.

Originally way back when I backed Zach Frazer and want that understood, since I was 100% wrong.

Zach was layed back and calm. DJ was a "ME ME ME I AM THE GENERAL" personality which turns me of in what should be a TEAM effort.

Even Weis said he was fun to be around (Read mouth.) I did not consider JC simply because he was a learning Freshmen and also that Hummer thing which also showed to much ME. I was surprised as time went on when Weis stated JC really is quiet and reserved.

Weis went and studied shotgun and running plays for a QB (Jones.) I do recall watching TV and Jones jumping and bounching around coming out of the tunnel. I did say to myself that is not a Notre Dame Quarterbacks attitude. It was more High Schoolish, gung ho crapola.

We all know what happened. Jones disintigrated like an asperin in a glass of water. What's worse was on the sidelines he was showing a defeatest attitude to the team he clamed he was a General of. I don't want to see my general looking stunned and shell shocked. Would you?

Now he is bailing out of ND and showing his true colors which are ME and ME alone. I am deeply sorry this came to pass. Sure makes for more ND news and reading. I wish him well. I think he has made a terrible mistake on his route to be an NFL General. Some things are not meant to be and maybe he will really understand that as life go's on as I do know the enviornment he came from.

A kind reminder is....If you got to be the Boss, the General, The big ME...In life it does not go that way and the only place you go is DOWN.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest irishrick

excellent post i really feel sorry for him , he could have contributed so much, if he can play quarterback iam sure that Charlie , could have made him better, i doubt that he will wind up in the bigs, except as a Rb or punt returner, this is a bright kid but i have to agree he didn't have the team in his sights. sorry dd, i wish you well wherever you go. go :) Irish .

Nice post Sir John. You hit on a few points here that make sense. I feel that on one hand this may make us better on the field, but on the other hand gives us an appearance as being just another program...in regards to his actions. What I am saying is that at Notre Dame, we sell the love of our program, opportunity that will last a lifetime and tradition. Furthermore his actions could create doubts among those initially on the fence.

Simply said...We Are Not SC!

Guest AtlantaIrish

He is 19 years old and made a decision for himself. It's his decision, not yours and get off the quiting crap. He wasn't going to start at QB and he wants to play D-1 football. He made the right decision and I think we should all respect HIS DECISION.

I wish him luck and hope he finds success and happiness at Northern Illinois.

Go Irish!!

I'm hurt becasue ZF would have loved to be backup becuase he realized that he is always one play away from being on the field. I dont know how one expects to be the best if theyu quit everytime they meet adversity.

Yes. Great point. I mean there is alot of hurt to go around, this being a big one for sure.

i'm sorry guys but don't rip DD. Jones is a great guy. Everyone who meets him likes him. He is only leaving because he loves football. He wants to play football and the time window where he can do that is becoming smaller. I don't know that I agree with the decision, but ultimately it's his life and he should follow his dreams. I support you DD.

i'm sorry guys but don't rip DD. Jones is a great guy. Everyone who meets him likes him. He is only leaving because he loves football. He wants to play football and the time window where he can do that is becoming smaller. I don't know that I agree with the decision, but ultimately it's his life and he should follow his dreams. I support you DD.

The problem is that he put himself over the team. I have a real disagreement with that approach. I have no problem with the transfer, but not after game 2 in the middle of the season.

True enough FROSH. I do not see him being ripped per say, but the issue of how he left the program. And you are correct, in him wanting to play football. This decision I not only respect but appreciate. But leaving secretly, and not giving Notre Dame advanced notice is what I am not comfortable with. As the saying somewhat goes...

'I do not hate the player, but his game'...

He is 19 years old and made a decision for himself. It's his decision, not yours and get off the quiting crap. He wasn't going to start at QB and he wants to play D-1 football. He made the right decision and I think we should all respect HIS DECISION.

Go Irish!!

I don't think he made a bad decision, but the way this appears to have gone down is what makes most people upset. I want to wait to judge too harshly, but it does sound like he just up and left without warning to Weis or anyone. He realizes he isn't going to play here, or another big program based on where he has transfered, so his decision is just like Frazier's.....poor timing though!

It's his decision, not yours and get off the quiting crap.

Yes, it is his decesion, his alone. But in all due respect to your opinion, he actually did quit before he transfered.

He wasn't going to start at QB and he wants to play D-1 football.

In all seriousness, he wasn't going to start this weekend for NIU either.

I think we should all respect HIS DECISION

I for one do respect his decision. After all, it is his future, his dream, and had it been me with his talent...I am pretty sure I would have done the same.

After all is said and done...I too hopes he finds not only himself, but his dream at the same time.

AtlantaIrish...i honestly respect what your saying here...please do not take my post otherwise. But IMO, he did quit on us long before he made his decision to transfer. By his not learning the playbook in its entirety, he basically was feeling he could depend on his God given talent alone. This basically was the reason Coach Weis limited him to the few plays called. For him to not notify the administration or coaching staff that he was not going to travel with the team, due to his decision to transfer, does not do wonders for his being a responsible person let alone a teamate first.

He wasn't going to start immediately up at NIU, so why couldn't he have played out the season, or at least make a responsible transition? I again have no problem with Demetius himself.

He wasn't going to start immediately up at NIU, so why couldn't he have played out the season, or at least make a responsible transition? I again have no problem with Demetius himself.

I wrote a post on this in a different thread. According to transfer rules, he would have to sit out a full academic term before he could play football, so if he transferred after this season, he would be playing in 2009 unless he transferred to a FCS school. BUT, if he transfers and enrolls within 12 school days that year to another FBS school, he is eligible to play the following academic year. NIU started school Aug. 27th, so he must have enrolled by Sept. 12th, which is this past Wednesday. Now, he is able to play in 2008.

He wants to play QB. Charlie Weis knew that. I am sure Charlie also didn't tell Jones that he wasn't the top QB after spring, and that Jones was just keeping the seat warm for when Clausen was healthy. And when Charlie told the presser that he wasn't going to play musical chairs with the quarterbacks, he saw that as a sign that his chance to start at ND was done. I know the timing sucks, but a person has to look out for number 1, and that is him or herself. I think it is selfish to think a player should stay and be a backup, when his aspirations are to shoot for something higher. His opportunity here is gone, like Zach Frazer's, and Weis made note of that. I think if there wasn't that little loophole in the transfer rules, he would have stayed and transferred after this season is over.

I wrote a post on this in a different thread. According to transfer rules, he would have to sit out a full academic term before he could play football, so if he transferred after this season, he would be playing in 2009 unless he transferred to a FCS school. BUT, if he transfers within 12 school days that year, he is eligible to play the following academic year. NIU started school Aug. 27th, so he must have enrolled by Sept. 12th, which is this past Wednesday.

He wants to play QB. Charlie Weis knew that. I am sure Charlie also didn't tell Jones that he wasn't the top QB after spring, and that Jones was just keeping the seat warm for when Clausen was healthy. And when Charlie told the presser that he wasn't going to play musical chairs with the quarterbacks, he saw that as a sign that his chance to start at ND was done. I know the timing sucks, but a person has to look out for number 1, and that is him or herself. I think it is selfish to think a player should stay and be a backup, when his aspirations are to shoot for something higher. His opportunity here is gone, like Zach Frazer's, and Weis made note of that.

Understand completely Mikey. In fact your post was most informative. I should have been more to the point on my question (so why couldn't he have played out the season, or at least make a responsible transition?). I actually meant why couldn't he have simply went into Coach Weis's office and give some type of notice before hand. Kind of like giving an employer a formal notice. Instead of just not showing up for the travel bus. His candlestine way was kind of without notice if you were to ask me?

I wrote a post on this in a different thread. According to transfer rules, he would have to sit out a full academic term before he could play football, so if he transferred after this season, he would be playing in 2009 unless he transferred to a FCS school. BUT, if he transfers within 12 school days that year, he is eligible to play the following academic year. NIU started school Aug. 27th, so he must have enrolled by Sept. 12th, which is this past Wednesday.

He wants to play QB. Charlie Weis knew that. I am sure Charlie also didn't tell Jones that he wasn't the top QB after spring, and that Jones was just keeping the seat warm for when Clausen was healthy. And when Charlie told the presser that he wasn't going to play musical chairs with the quarterbacks, he saw that as a sign that his chance to start at ND was done. I know the timing sucks, but a person has to look out for number 1, and that is him or herself. I think it is selfish to think a player should stay and be a backup, when his aspirations are to shoot for something higher. His opportunity here is gone, like Zach Frazer's, and Weis made note of that.

Understand completely Mikey. In fact your post was most informative. I should have been more to the point on my question (so why couldn't he have played out the season, or at least make a responsible transition?). I actually meant why couldn't he have simply went into Coach Weis's office and give some type of notice before hand. Kind of like giving an employer a formal notice. Instead of just not showing up for the travel bus. His candlestine way was kind of without notice if you were to ask me?

I think it was a time issue, since he thought he won the qb battle two weeks ago, and then lost, and then didn't see any time against Penn State. Not even in mop up duty. He had to transfer fast. But it's just my speculation. Only Jones knows why himself, and maybe he will tell Weis why he went about the transfer the way he did.