I guess we need a rumor page

Guest SirJohn

Just going around

Interesting development:

It's been writ up D Jones was not happy and wants to transfer. He want's no role that isn't QB so wants to opt out. This is not unusual we knew one had to go. Jones was unproductive, and had that deer in the headlights his first game. He seems in a huge snit getting passed over.

I usually, like the APS wait for 3 solid accounts, but have two, one a private on campus guy another a 'source.' so go ahead to release it. (Jake send me the latest please.)

SJ

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it would be in his best interest to keep an open mind about a switch to WR, just look at what battle and holiday are doing in the NFL right now. IMO DJ has a ways to go before he's a decent QB.

I'm not sure if DD is on the same athletic level as those two, but maybe.

I just posted it would be pleased if some of the ND guys on campus in here contribute a few.

He just wanted to be a QB and i think that passed him bye. Wolke got a good write up today in local newspaper for transferring to WK. With JC as head and crist coming in, I simply can't see anything but a transfer or shift to a position he says he won't do.

Granted the line sucked but he was looking shell shocked on the sidelines, something you cannot show if your the leader or general.

If the rumor is about D. Jones than my thoughts are that first I hope he stays but if he does transfer than my thoughts are "Let's go JC and Evan and now we have another scholarship opening". Next.

That's how college football works. The strong survive and the weaker don't play or transfer.

Guest IrishGlory

I am not saying it is true or isn't true, but it has been apparent to everyone in the program, players and coaches, that Clausen is the present and future of the program at QB.

If the rumor is about D. Jones than my thoughts are that first I hope he stays but if he does transfer than my thoughts are "Let's go JC and Evan and now we have another scholarship opening". Next.

That's how college football works. The strong survive and the weaker don't play or transfer.

Darwinism at its finest!

From what I read somewhere is that he will be starting school this coming Tuesday. If that is true we should find out soon enought. If no one sees him at UM game tomorrow, then there is more truth to the rumor. As Rock said, that opens up another scholarship. Does that mean we can let Terrelle Pryor try out at QB and if that does not work have him move to WR?

Unfortunately for DJ, he is in a tough predictament. I mean, look at it from his standpoint. He starts Game 1, and is all pumped up. We get creamed. Clausen starts game 2, and while we get beat pretty badly, he is still starting game 3. Can't say I blame the guy if he transfers.

-MW-

Unfortunately for DJ, he is in a tough predictament. I mean, look at it from his standpoint. He starts Game 1, and is all pumped up. We get creamed. Clausen starts game 2, and while we get beat pretty badly, he is still starting game 3. Can't say I blame the guy if he transfers.

-MW-

You make it sound like JC and DJ played equally well (or poorly) in their games. JC significantly outplayed DJ, granted it was a very short period of time. Both games were losses but there was a major difference in the quality of play from the QB position. JC's poise is VERY impressive, he throws much better than DJ, he has yet to fumble (DJ did twice--in 1 half) and simply looks like he is the real deal and all that hype was probably legit. Obviously time will tell. But I don't think there is any doubt that DJ just is not a good fit for our system. IMO, DJ is an athlete that plays QB, opposed to being a QB who can run. DJ would have been an awesome quarterback under Lou Holtz, not in a pro style of offense.

The future of our quarterback position is Jimmy Clausen and Dayne Crist. I have a hard time believing it is Demetrius Jones. I think DJ should transfer. And I wish him nothing but good things. I have had the opportunity to meet DJ and he is a very good guy.

-MW-

Thats true, but they clearly aren't on the same level in terms of talent, no you can't make that comparison IMO. I wanted Zach fist, then I wanted Evan......so I've not been beating JC's bandwagon for very long. But I saw enough to know that everyone was right about him.

Unless of course he is the exact opposite of DD, and played his BEST game in his first game. :roll: Then we would be in trouble.

I hope he stays though, otherwise there is another schollie. I think he could be valuable at times, but just not the way he wants to be.

He did a lot of work on new recruits. His moment in the sun wasn't so hot but imo what Deimos said is correct. Look at it from DD point of view, not yours or an analysts. He plays a short while against one of the top Defenses and gets yanked. Evan doesn't do much. JC comes in late. So CW starts JC and he looks better to be sure but the results are virtually the same. The knife, however, is that CW said he couldn't start JC in game one because of the injury but for all practical purposes said this was now JC's team. If I was DD and I wanted to play only QB and I didn't care where, I'd certainly consider other options because with Crist already reaffirming his decision to come, it is very obvious DD @ QB @ ND is a thing of the past. I do wish he would take a receiver slot but we all make decisions about our futures, some right, some wrong. He may become a big fish in a small pond at rumored school, NIU.