GO BUCKEYES??????????????

ab2cmiller

I can't believe I'm typing this, but I'm going to actually be cheering for the Buckeyes this weekend with all my might (Ouch, that stings).

Many of the analysts at ESPN and others have been quick to point out that CW's coaching record at the end of this year could be somewhat close to Ty's and insinuating, that if so, CW should be canned to be consistent with our firing of Ty.

Well, if you thought it was bad up till now, what will the analysts do if Washington beats Ohio St. this weekend and has a 3-0 record and beating a top 10 team. We all know the answer, they will crucify ND, even more then usual. If we beat Michigan, it would help lessen the blow a little, but not much.

From what I've seen of Ohio St. this year, this is definitely not out of the realm of possiblity. Of the 5 "experts" at cbs.sportsline.com, 3 of the 5 picked Washington to win as Ohio St. has so far looked average at best and the game is at Washington.

Irregardless of wether you thought Ty was given to quick of a hook or not, please join me in cheering for the Buckeyes this weekend because if they don't win, the crap will start flying even more then usual.

Does anyone know where I can get some scarlet and gray face paint? OK, I think I'm really starting to loose it. Someone call the doctor.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Buckeyes will pour a bucket of cold ice water on the humping huskies and bring them back down to earth.

http://www.blueshamrockpublishing.com/images/buckeyes_lg.gif

Guest irishrick

sorry buckeye fan , i watched the huskies play a game this year and they are real. i look for a tough win but the huskies win by 7. tywill enjoy this one . sorry , but hey the irish win win also :)

Guest bfabes05

I said that exact same thing yesterday to my roomate, this will be probably one and ony time i cheer for the friggin ohio state buckeyes, put a whooping on willingham and those huskies and shut some people up

ESPN don't know jack...not one person has mentioned the recruiting differential between ty and CW or that when ty came in he still had some recruits from the davie yrs. Davie sucked at life, but compared to ty's lazy attempt at recuiting, davie was the poodle. If those guys actually knew what they were talking about they would't even mention ty in the same breath as CW.

The ESPN analysts don't have to mention recruiting because they know that most of the people that are watching don't follow recruiting a heavily as most of us hear. Most of their viewers only see wins and losses and base decisions off of that and what the tv guys tell them they should think.

Not to mention if they talk about recruiting it kind of ruins their argument about CW not being better than Ty.

Personally I want Ohio State to lose because, frankly, I couldn't care less what all the talking heads have to say. If Ty's firing was racial, ahem, then why would we hire him in the first place? I don't mean to offend anyone here, but all of this talk about Ty and race is definitely not helping race relations in the sports arenas. One can't complain that not enough black coaches are being hired...and then turn around and complain that they got fired. It doesn't take a football genius to realize that Ty, (black, white, green, yellow, or red) was driving ND Football into the ground.

The irony is that CW will struggle this year as a direct result of Ty's pathetic inadequecies.

Meh. I think I root for Washington. I have a feeling that there are teams out West to take care of Washington, but with Michigan struggling, that leaves PSU and Wisconsin to take out O$U. I think there is a better chance of seeing Washington lose out West than O$U back here.

-MW-

Having now been to a game in Happy Valley...I no longer wish ANYTHING good to happen to PSU. I went in with the feeling that they are a classy program that I generally wished good fortune upon. In reality, their fans are completely classless. I had a minimum of 15 people try to pick a fight with me because I was wearing a Kelly Green shirt...and one of them had to of been in his eighties!! I heard more anti catholic blurbs, shots at my mother, and in general calling me every slur for a homosexual than I have ever heard anywhere on the road. Dr. Kenneth Dye, director of bands at ND since Judas betrayed Jesus, was the honorary conductor for the National Anthem as is customary for visiting teams. When they introduced him to the crowed the people around me booed and continued nearly halfway through the National Anthem....WITH THEIR HATS ON. Now I'm no saint, but in the household that I grew up in my butt would have been beaten bare if I had my hat on during the National Anthem. I know this is slightly off topic here, but I saw something alluding to the fact that some would want PSU to win the big ten and it triggered my disgust at their lack of hospitality.

Schell...care to chime in?

Having now been to a game in Happy Valley...I no longer wish ANYTHING good to happen to PSU. I went in with the feeling that they are a classy program that I generally wished good fortune upon. In reality, their fans are completely classless. I had a minimum of 15 people try to pick a fight with me because I was wearing a Kelly Green shirt...and one of them had to of been in his eighties!! I heard more anti catholic blurbs, shots at my mother, and in general calling me every slur for a homosexual than I have ever heard anywhere on the road. Dr. Kenneth Dye, director of bands at ND since Judas betrayed Jesus, was the honorary conductor for the National Anthem as is customary for visiting teams. When they introduced him to the crowed the people around me booed and continued nearly halfway through the National Anthem....WITH THEIR HATS ON. Now I'm no saint, but in the household that I grew up in my butt would have been beaten bare if I had my hat on during the National Anthem. I know this is slightly off topic here, but I saw something alluding to the fact that some would want PSU to win the big ten and it triggered my disgust at their lack of hospitality.

Schell...care to chime in?

That is ridiculous. I knew PSU "fans" were bad, but not that bad... :roll: :|

I would love to go to an ND game...but

that PSU example is the reason I haven't gone to a college football game in 15 years. Why would I pay to be around a bunch of people who are stupid drunk or just stupid? Your supposed to be there for the game...not because you skipped out on your counseling session, AA meeting, anger management class, probation officer...take your pick. The only games I catch occasionally are the local high school games. They are still good here. Although I bet in some places its like stepping in to a minimum security detention center.

NT...It's too bad ESPN is in to race-baiting. What next...Corwin Brown, Mike Haywood, Jappy Oliver, and Bernie Parmalee are all Uncle Tom's for working for the man? Hey, what a great idea for a story (heavy sarcasm). I LOL, but don't bet you won't see a hint of it by someone, somewhere. Whenever you look at things from race-colored glasses, you will always get it wrong. Of course there is racism, but only because people are mentally defective. If we treated all racists (and terrorists for that matter) like the nutjobs that they are they would go away tomorrow. No one wants to be known as crazy, except for people that are crazy and they don't care. That's one way we can tell them apart.

NT...this guy has it nailed on the O Line problems...I'm sorry if this has been posted already...I certainly can't say it better. The only questions are why is it this way and how does it get fixed?

http://www.uhnd.com/blog/2007/notre-dame-football/observations-from-former-o-lineman/