NOTICE:

Guest SirJohn

At DD we have always had a Congratulations group for 1,000 posts.

I'm informed by the owners they can offer a give away for 2,500 posts end of this year.

I pushed for this for our members and do indeed exclude myself from the offer as I am the Old Salt, Senior Mod and poster now.

Happy good posting and luck.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nooooooo won't go that way as long as i am around guys. I don't mean happy face posts. :D They are just trying to boost DD, please see it as that way. Old salt? Yep was #50 DD member july 2005. I know what goes up and goes down. I wouldn't mislead a DD guy for the world.

I get notihin, want nothin, ecxclude myself, from anything, for you guys that's about all I can do to ask for you to stay DD. Nice contest so hop in.

Who like the site enough to bring Irish news with them. Perhaps we all need to go forth and mention this place. Yeah, I was reading over on Domer Domain about...

Anyway, I fear I won't qualify for any of the numbers posts. I figure if I get to 60 by year's end, I will have done well. I'll go look around and see if I can find any news that might draw flies.

You must be a navy man John. I don't know too many that refer to themselves as Old Salt unless they rode the waves, pun intended.

chu too deaf to be in Military. No my friend if you get 60, God bless you, and please stay around. :D

Not all can post in double digits. I'm approaching 10,000 :shock: This was but something by the new owners too encourage posts. I see no harm in that. I do not get paid, I sure excludeded me from any contests... So?? I do it all for love of ND and you guys. Keep posting and win somethin g for me to cheer about.

I have been posting on something like five ND sites and reading about 3 others. I just burned out. My premium one expires in Feb and I won't be renewing it. Then I will be down to two places only - NDNation and DD.

My posts probably will go up a bit just in time for the LOI signing day.

Very funny Fanatic...prop's for the humor.

Sir John, with all do respect to our brother site Irish Envy, we have by far the best site from top to bottom. I would put our top five up against any other sites top five. With this said, I do not believe our site will diminish in even the slightest in an attempt to reach 2500 posts.

Thanks to you John and my fellow Mods and all the other members...we will remain atop regardless of the incentives. Just the same, thank you Goldlid and EnviedOne for the gesture... 8)

Guest irishrick

rdrdreamer i agree the majority of dd posters are true Irish fans and do so for the enjoyment , we all are very glad that we have this site and i think its one of the top sites. and a hesck of a lot of the credit goes to that Louisville fella SJ and the mods that we havedoing an outstanding job and all for free, iam sure we will get quality people , ask yourself this question would you recommend someone to post useless crap , i think that Michael and SJ ,have the right idea. as always go irish . :)

I am just basing my comments on what I experienced at NDNation. They split their board into Rock's House and Cartier Field. Only approved posters can post on Rock's House any more. The reason? Too many posts like the ones I mentioned above. They have been around a long time and found it necessary on a free site to limit access to the primary board. Just sayin'