Question RE: Penn State's White Out

tchris555

Since Penn St is planning this big "White Out", meaning the entire stadium is supposed to wear white, besides myself who will fearlessly be wearing kelly green, what color uni's are Penn St going to wear? Are they going to be in the Blue or the all white?

I would think wearing white in a stadium full of white would cause some visual problems for an offense.

Guest aceinthehole94

The white out is more of an intimidation factor than anything, it would cause visual problems whether ND is wearing white or PSU. It could make it hard to see receivers if Clausen has to look away from his primary target and is PSU wears white it could make it hard to see defenders.

Im not too worried about it unless 75% is wearing white, it might become a problem then.

Guest irishrick

all this crap about white out, heck lets get JC some night vision goggles, , the game is at night and i still think this will be a game that a lot of fans will see the real irish football team , close game hard fought and just maybe a win . go irish :)

Guest IrishGlory

If we struggle on Saturday night, it will have absolutely nothing to do with the color of the shirts being worn by the fans in the stands. It may have something to do with the fact that there are 110,000 fans screaming and we are an inexperienced group, but the color of their shirts is inconsequential.

In past white outs, it's mostly the entire student section. Everyone else in the stands (non-students) usually do not participate in the white out.

http://www.oldmainframe.com/Football/SM-OSU2005.jpg

I work with a guys whose daughter goes to PSU and he was told that if you go to one of the major dept stores (I can't remember which one) with a ticket, they will give the person a white shirt to wear for free.

Guest bluester2000
Does the NCAA rules allow the home team to wear the same color jersey as the visitors? That doesn't sound right. If allowed why would you wnat that? qb looking down field could easily get confused and throw to the wrong guy.

Joe,

The Irish would be in the home blues then. The Home team (PSU) gets the choice of whatever color. If they pick white, the other team has to wear their color (home) jersey.

I think we should have a GREEN OUT!!!!!!!!!

That would be sweet. But seriously, the fans wearing white wont cause a problem at all. They are too high up and their student section in over on the sideline and about a quarter of the way in the endzone.