ND vs PSU Fearless Prediction

dangeruss

i think PSU wins this game fairly easy and it's not hard to figure out why. ND should do better offensivly since PSU won't bring the pressure like GT did and with JC at QB he should do a much better job at getting rid of the football faster. even so ND has serious problems on OL specially running the ball, i don't see this problem being fixed in one week and it'll do ND in again this week. PSU has a pretty nice offense, a more experienced QB and three real good WRs should give ND plenty to worry about. NDs front seven did nothing to impress me last week and if PSU gets the running game going then it will be a very long day for the irish. PSU wins this game because ND simply can match PSU offensivly.

PSU-35

ND-17

http://cfn.scout.com/2/676096.html

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PSU's offense has improved since last year and last year they put up 383 total yards against us and 150 of them on the ground. PSU's defense held tennessee to only 10 points and 83 yards on the ground in their bowl win. fact is PSU's offense and defense is better then NDs is right now.

PSU's offense has improved since last year and last year they put up 383 total yards against us and 150 of them on the ground. PSU's defense held tennessee to only 10 points and 83 yards on the ground in their bowl win. fact is PSU's offense and defense is better then NDs is right now.

Not sure if you can base that off one game (same for ND), especially FIU. Not sure we can draw many facts on the two given ND did absolutely nothing last week. PSU's offensive weakness is in RB play. ND's strength on D is DB's. Could be a better matchup than many think. Again, I'm smelling similar circumstances to '04, an ND team losing an opener and following it up with a tough win in week #2.

Again, I'm smelling similar circumstances to '04, an ND team losing an opener and following it up with a tough win in week #2.

i hope your right. lets not forget that last year PSU's defense did a real good job holding ND down last year in the first half and was able to put pressure on BQ a number of times. if ND can get it's act together and start opening some holes for the RBs then ND could hold their own but it's been two years already and still no running game.

Guest Irish4life

i dont care about predictions and i dont care what the score is, i always say the irish win whether i really truly believe so or if i have doubts.

Irish 494

Penn State 356

there, there is your prediction. irish win case closed.

Guest imported_OntarioIrish
i always say the irish win whether i really truly believe so or if i have doubts.

Damn straight! I'll be @#$%ed if I'm going into Saturday's game predicting/believing that they'll lose by 18 points. Now, if they do lose by 18, I'll deal with it as I always do - much wailing & gnashing of teeth, plenty of fluids, etc; but I'll still think they're going to beat Michigan the following week.

If believing they're going to win every week is wrong, I don't wanta be right!

Go Irish, and upset Penn State! :p

There was so much talk after the ND/GT game about the "speed of the game" and how ND wasn't properly prepared for it. Does anyone here think ND will now be more prepared for the "speed of the game" playing against a good team in GT last week where as PSWho played against FIU? Yeah ND isn't great yet this year but they certainly aren't FIU. Does anyone think, at least for the first quarter, that PSWho will have a little bit of transition trying to get used to the "speed of the game"?

Guest bfabes05

With the change at Quarterback, a different defense (and in my opinion not as good as a defense as Techs), I have hope that we will at least keep it close and the defense will continue to get better and build of last weeks performance, but still this game is in happy valley...I hope the Irish can pull of the upset and I know that they can, but i just dont know because its at Penn State and they are not happy about what happened last year

Guest Lucky Lep

I think ND will win the game with a tight score. I am ready to see how the secondary does against penn st. talented and quick reicevers.

I also love the idea of Jimmy starting his qb legacy in game where we a huge underdogs!!

Guest irishrick

great posts guys , but win or lose i just want to see some improvement in the Irish line, we are 28 point underdogs but i see a much closer game . PSU is a good team and coming off a win. the Irish will have to step up and i think we will the game will be close and a maybe win. go Irish .

Guest aginsbe1

Even if Jimmy performs well and the OL does a better job, it seems unlikely that an offense which couldn't put one in the end-zone last week will score much against PSU. Unless defense plays an especially stingy game, I don't see a win this week.

ND 17

PSU 24