jimmy clausen ara begins!!!

foreverirish34

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i expect PSU to blitz JC to try and throw him off his game. i wouldn't be surprised to see ND go four wide to try and off set that.

russ, I see the same thing. The kid has a quick release and he needs to take a couple shots to toughen him up here and there. BQ didn't get to where he is now by staying on his feet the entire game. We have a true rookie at the helm and if not this year... JC will develop into everything we want him to be and more. Dayne.... hope you are watching every step that Jimmy makes because you will be expected to do the same in the near future! GO IRISH!!!

Guest bfabes05

this is awesome, im more pumped about this week now than before last weeks opener, hopefully the oline steps it up and gives clausen just enough time to use that quick release

If we go 4 wide, counting the QB and 5 OL, we better have a back there who can at least take out 1 rusher because GT's defenders were almost beating our QBs to their drop point.

You're right about that quick release - that will be very important in the next several upcoming games. Every team we play will blitz a lot following the GT model.

i really hope we dont go four wide, atleast not in the beginning, id like to come out in a more pro style formation and uses quick slants, curls, and screens to get jimmy into the flow and if he gets momemtum then go four wide when hell have more confidence in his progressions and getting rid of the ball quickly, because if it is like las week he wont have much time

JC I welcome but if you look at his arms, he's skinny. (No insult) dunno if he can take a beating.

He's pretty tough Sir John. He will be okay. While not the freak Brady was/is in the weight room (yet), he is in great shape.

With much respect to Demetius...let's do this Jimmy.

That will be my one concern. Brady was 6'5", 230 lbs of solide muscle and was built to take a beating (which he often did). Now, Clausen isn't quite in the same league physically as Brady and will most likely get hit often. Can he take a constant beating for 60 minutes? We shall soon find out. I just hope he learns to dodge, dip, dive, duck and dodge!!! If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a dodgeball!!!! HAHA Where's Patches O'Hullihan when you need him.