Armando Allen

irishndfan2

amarndo must get the ball more than three times in a game. I just watched a replay of the game from my DVR and he averaged probably about 8 yards every time he got the ball. I just think he needs the ball in hands at least 10 to 15 times a game. I thought aldrige look pretty good aswell. A couple times james was hit for no gain, but spun around and gained three yards. Id also like to see golden get the ball other than kickoffs.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imported_OntarioIrish

They both showed more than Travis Thomas, that's for sure; I know he's a hard worker, and a senior and all that - but he just wasn't getting anything accomplished on Saturday.

but his carries were in the spread offense with DJ at the helm. Jones will not be the qb this week, and we wont be running shotgun spread. If AA was running the ball instead of TT, the same result wouldve happened, TT was getting hit 3 yards in the backfield. all goes to the OL

Guest imported_OntarioIrish
all goes to the OL

No denying that the run game starts & finishes with OL play, and certainly clear that OL play was pathetic Saturday. Having said that, IMHO, when it came to making the best out of the same bad situation, Allen & Aldridge still showed more of a spark than Thomas.

but his carries were in the spread offense with DJ at the helm. Jones will not be the qb this week, and we wont be running shotgun spread. If AA was running the ball instead of TT, the same result wouldve happened, TT was getting hit 3 yards in the backfield. all goes to the OL

Good point, but we could still give Armando the ball on draw plays.

I was shocked to learn that Allen ONLY average like 17 yards per kick return Saturday. I realize that it was his first time playing in almost 2 years and that the GT kicker did a great job of angling his kicks but my god, we thought kick returning was going to be a strength this year. Grimes and West averaged like 21 yards per last season. I'll hold out hope tho b/c it was just one game and it is early. Allen and Tate's speed definitely scared GT (see the upkick to Hughes), but we either need to block on returns better or something is wrong.

I was shocked to learn that Allen ONLY average like 17 yards per kick return Saturday. I realize that it was his first time playing in almost 2 years and that the GT kicker did a great job of angling his kicks but my god, we thought kick returning was going to be a strength this year. Grimes and West averaged like 21 yards per last season. I'll hold out hope tho b/c it was just one game and it is early. Allen and Tate's speed definitely scared GT (see the upkick to Hughes), but we either need to block on returns better or something is wrong.

I totally agree, and that was our strength against GT last year, we averaged starting position around the 45 after kickoffs. I agree the first one AA had a seam, but was tripped up. It looked like Tate had a seam as well, but he didnt hit it fast enough. Very disappointed in our kick returns

i thought allen was pretty close to breaking a couple, especially the opening kick off, but the punt returns i thought were bad. Zibby had no shot at all.

gotta give credit to the punter. nothing you can do about that.

It all comes down to GT beating us in all phases of the game. We knew were gonna have to win 2 outa 3, but they swept us in Off/Deff/Sp Tms

I disagree with this. TT was slow to the line, very slow to the line. IN past years TT would hit the holes very quickly. Saturday was a very different style for TT. He was VERY hesitant. I think that a much heavier does of JA and AA is soon to happen. AA will become a very big part of this offense--this year.

I disagree with this. TT was slow to the line, very slow to the line. IN past years TT would hit the holes very quickly. Saturday was a very different style for TT. He was VERY hesitant. I think that a much heavier does of JA and AA is soon to happen. AA will become a very big part of this offense--this year.

i agree that TT didnt look like himself, but either way, the same result happens. it was all the OL

but his carries were in the spread offense with DJ at the helm. Jones will not be the qb this week, and we wont be running shotgun spread.

First of all, I agree with the probelm being the OL and I think we need to get rid of Latina ASAP. With that said, I don't agree with your statement about the spread off. I think we should, and hopefull will, continue to run the spread even if JC is the QB. I think that if we spread the field, JC and ES for that matter, will have an easier time reading the def than if they are all compressed arounf the ball in a traditional set.

Another thing we need to do is get AA the ball in space, with swing passes and bubble screens and let him use his speed.