Forget about...

irish21

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NDgirl09

i agree, also with getting the likes of Floyd, CT, and some O-linemen. I really hope these guys like ND enough to stick it out with the season we might have.

I'm not too concerned. This game was an awful fit for a first game for this team. Charlie did a poor job, but we'll be better prepared going forward, and Jimmy will be at the helm. Let's just hope the O-line picks it up.

As a recruit though this is what I look at: we had 18 recruits in the class of '07. Off the top of my head I can account for 7 of them playing in the game today, and if I look at the minutes, I'm sure it's more.

Recruits looking to come here know they will have a shot to play early and will see improvement over the year. We're on the way up from here.

Ian Williams was one I didn't count.

Maybe Romine played, he was listed as part of the 2-deep

About 50% of our freshmen class played in the opener, I defy any Ty defenders to say he's no longer hurting ND. I can't imagine any top teams that play that many freshmen in their openers (unless they are up 40 at the time).

We have to concentrate on keeping our commitments for this class. Any thoughts?

I hope most of the guys are strongly commited, because all of the big time programs are going to do some serious negative recruiting against ND now.

I guess it will depend what the recruit is more intrested in, the early playing time, or coming to a program coming off a strong year.

Im just glad ND has such a great haul before the season started, because it wont get any easier after the first 8 games.

I bet ND looses at least one commit they have because of some of the struggles.

I am not really concerned at all, as I think CW/CB knew there would be some growing pains going into this year and that is why they made such a point about making sure commitments are "real commitments". Also, I have to believe they were up front and honest about what the commits might see initially because of so many changes. And, look about how many commitments have been made with the idea of academics being just as important as football.

But, I bet they were on the phone, text, email to all the recruits after this one......I believe we are in for a long year, but I am not worried.

Can't be any worse than the late Davie/all Ty years....that was a grease fire!

Thanks Sir John, I appreciate the welcome, and your help in getting all the kinks out so I could post. Been reading for a little over a year I believe, and feels good to contribute to the discussion. Not many places allow intelligent and differing opinions, so this is always a great read!

Thanks Sir John, I appreciate the welcome, and your help in getting all the kinks out so I could post. Been reading for a little over a year I believe, and feels good to contribute to the discussion. Not many places allow intelligent and differing opinions, so this is always a great read!

Welcome David....I don't think I've ever posted anything intelligent! That's not really what I do here. Basically, I love ND and I have to fight for SB. These big jerks around here like to bash my city. Basically I'm putting lipstick on a pig...but it's MY pig! :lol: :lol:

I am not really concerned. And I do not agree with the comment that we will not be able to get a jump start on 09 because we will be too busy putting out fires on the 08 guys. Our staff will spend plenty of time making sure our 08's stay on board and they will spend plenty of time on 09. We only have about 25 guys to worry about for 08--our current commits and the few recruits that we are still after. Most teams are still working on most of their class because their commit list is much smaller than ours.

If there are any doubts to what I said, just look at the only 08 recruit who was at the game--Carlton Thomas. AFTER the game, he said he loved the trip and Notre Dame is now #1 on his list. After the loss. Recruiting is more than a wins and losses, especially only one loss. These guys are on board with ND because of Notre Dame, Charlie Weis and Corwin Brown.

Welcome to the DD David.