What I Know

BlackIrish42

ty's recruiting still is killing us. the senior class needs called out, esp.

JC is CLEARLY the best qb on the roster. i don't wanna hear this BS about it being the GT's second team either. they still were blitzing. if you can't see that he is a QB, plain and simple, in a way sharpley isn't and DD most certainly is not, you have no business talking football.

corwin is a good DC and will get better.

CW out-thought himself on the QB thing and it lead to a very serious loss. i trust he will learn from it.

we need faster LB's.

AA is a star in the making.

TT is 3rd string. sorry, but it's true. JA and AA from here on out.

the wideouts are gonna be fine. could turn out to be a hidden strength of this team.

our kicking game is also gonna be fine. price will be better and our kick-offs and FG looked good.

the greatest improvement is between game one and game two. if JC starts, they could upset penn st.

by the end of the year, this is gonna be a good team.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree on just about everything.

For those that say we can't blame Ty for this, he still gets his share. There is no way this many sophomores and frosh are on the field two years from now, and it's not like they won't be studs. That said, too many mistakes were made that a 2-star player shouldn't make. Our coached deserve a lot of blame as well.

Before we indict the entire senior class, Trevor Laws (from what I saw) came to play, as we expected he would. For once I was actually sober during a game, so it is less likely I missed this, but I didn't see much from Zibby all game.

As for the receivers-- a few times it appeared the QBs were ready to throw but no one was open. With all the blitzes being sent, someone needs to get open.

As for the LBs- I noticed Kerry Neal in a couple times, did anyone notice him in on any plays?

JC is CLEARLY the best qb on the roster. i don't wanna hear this BS about it being the GT's second team either. they still were blitzing. if you can't see that he is a QB, plain and simple, in a way sharpley isn't and DD most certainly is not, you have no business talking football.

CW out-thought himself on the QB thing and it lead to a very serious loss. i trust he will learn from it.

we need faster LB's.

the wideouts are gonna be fine. could turn out to be a hidden strength of this team.

our kicking game is also gonna be fine. price will be better and our kick-offs and FG looked good.

the greatest improvement is between game one and game two. if JC starts, they could upset penn st.

Black Irish I deffinently agree with you here. I have been saying the same thing about whats going on. After CW looks at the film you see a different team next week. Jimmy as QB and AA and JA at running back and may see some RH's too. The thing that got me I hardly saw any FB plays and not useing them enough.

For those that say we can't blame Ty for this, he still gets his share. There is no way this many sophomores and frosh are on the field two years from now, and it's not like they won't be studs.

Before we indict the entire senior class, Trevor Laws (from what I saw) came to play, as we expected he would. For once I was actually sober during a game, so it is less likely I missed this, but I didn't see much from Zibby all game.

As for the receivers-- a few times it appeared the QBs were ready to throw but no one was open. With all the blitzes being sent, someone needs to get open.

As for the LBs- I noticed Kerry Neal in a couple times, did anyone notice him in on any plays?

well, i disagree with you on the wideouts. i saw some damn good catches out there. i think what you saw was more the qb's than the wideouts. and just recall how far behind the D grimes was when sharpley over-threw him...i saw parris and west do some fine things out there today.

For those that say we can't blame Ty for this, he still gets his share. There is no way this many sophomores and frosh are on the field two years from now, and it's not like they won't be studs.

well, i disagree with you on the wideouts. i saw some damn good catches out there. i think what you saw was more the qb's than the wideouts. and just recall how far behind the D grimes was when sharpley over-threw him...i saw parris and west do some fine things out there today.

Plus DK Had some good mop up duty if you want to call it that. But JC looked for him when he was out ther.

Ya... DK played well down the stretch

You might be right about the QBs, I did consider that. It's not like they had much time to scan the field.

As for the calls for JA/AA- they need to show they can pick up blitzers. As of now, Travis appears better suited for that (although I do remember one play where he got run over and Sharpley got hit b/c of it). JA completely whiffed on what seemed to be a fairly routine blitz pickup late in the game (possibly on the Clausen sack).

Guest SirJohn

IMHO Obserations.

Several seperate threads here on various topics so I try to combine them.

DD was the starter he came out hopped up, jumping and smacking around and all. He did a really poor job, fumbling etc, and I believe Weis left him in too long. Sharpley was calm, but he too did not really spark the team. Clausin (Who I didn't back in the beginning) looked very calm and had good control of the team. I know it was against scrubs, but seemed to me similar to Brady with the Browns. Before he started Weis said something to JC and he had a big smile. The cameras went several times to DD and you could just see he was "in the tank" about his performance. One rule is never let your team mates see you like that and lose confidance in you.

GT's D line was in out backfield more than our guys. Latina's got some explaining to do Monday when they cut film reviews before looking at Penn State. Our O line. Forget it as the other guys said they were laying on the ground more than anything.

The new D looks promising down the road. I know they had some lapses but all in all when they were clicking I'd 2 3 5 guys pile into a GT guy. I haven't seen that in years.

With so many young ones Charlie has had to simplify his playbook considerable. If they can grasp more techniclly complex schemes they could do better.

On to Penn State and happy valley.

As for the calls for JA/AA- they need to show they can pick up blitzers. As of now, Travis appears better suited for that (although I do remember one play where he got run over and Sharpley got hit b/c of it). JA completely whiffed on what seemed to be a fairly routine blitz pickup late in the game (possibly on the Clausen sack).

well, you're right there. can't argue that but i know that AA and JA also ran the ball a whole lot better than TT as well. it maybe a case of pick yr poison here...

Clausin (Who I didn't back in the beginning) looked very calm and had good control of the team. I know it was against scrubs, but seemed to me similar to Brady with the Browns. Before he started Weis said something to JC and he had a big smile. The cameras went several times to DD and you could just see he was "in the tank" about his performance. One rule is never let your team mates see you like that and lose confidance in you.

Very well said SIR

could not agree more

This is now Jimmy's team to take control of....IMO

Guest irishrick

you all might be right. but iam going to wait on Charlie to review the film, i think he will start dd again , the kid can't really help in none block the def. so lets wait for Charlie to break it down . Clausen will be ready by the third game also agree that Jones was upset with himself. Charlie will fix that for happy valley , Clausen needs more time . ....... :)

Yes, and did you see how our WR's??!!

They are FAST!

Love seeing separation finally! If ONLY Evan had time to throw. :cry:

Obvious problems is OL. We get that squared away and JC gets lots of meaningful time with CW (ala BQ in 2005), this team will look ALOT different or should I say alot the same of what we're used to.

There are alot of positives. We need time and experience.

Ugly loss but I still say the ship is headed in the right direction if CW realizes the obvious and I am sure he does.

We ALL know this is a rebuilding year, I don't care what anyone says.

By the way, JC is our future. He's starting by game 3! (JMHO)

Patience!

you all might be right. but iam going to wait on Charlie to review the film, i think he will start dd again , the kid can't really help in none block the def. so lets wait for Charlie to break it down . Clausen will be ready by the third game also agree that Jones was upset with himself. Charlie will fix that for happy valley , Clausen needs more time . ....... :)

Irishrick may have to disagree here on who think may start next game. After seeing DJ play and have no controll of the OFF> I think he will be seeing the back up roll. Sharpley played well enough to keep the job but, I think the future is in the hands of Jimmy C. and thats who I think will be playing the next game.

we need faster LB's.

Thank you for this. I said that in a room with some buddies and they all said "How the :censored: is Ty Willingham still hurting ND" I told them he was a piss poor recruiter and he left ND without a 2 deep at offensive line.

I was sitting behind the ND bench and I observed a lot.

1. Old Notre Dame fans either need to stand up and cheer or give up their tickets. What a bunch of old stick in the muds.

2. Our offensive line looked like the US border with Mexico.

3. DJ had absolutley NO protection. Sharpley couldn't hold on to a snap to save his life and Jimmy looks like our new starter.

4. George West and Duval Kamara are our new receivers. Robby Parris looked good too.

5. Darrin Walls pulled his right hamstring and will be lucky to play next week. He pulled up right in front of me.

6. We need to put a legitimate punter and kicker on scholarship.

7. Armado Allen will break loose for some big plays this year.

8. Robert hughes will get some PT and he looked good on returns.

9. What happened to our defense?

10. Did anyone notice that our Senior DT got kicked out for a hand to the head?

I was sitting behind the ND bench and I observed a lot.

1. Old Notre Dame fans either need to stand up and cheer or give up their tickets. What a bunch of old stick in the muds.

2. Our offensive line looked like the US border with Mexico.

3. DJ had absolutley NO protection. Sharpley couldn't hold on to a snap to save his life and Jimmy looks like our new starter.

4. George West and Duval Kamara are our new receivers. Robby Parris looked good too.

5. Darrin Walls pulled his right hamstring and will be lucky to play next week. He pulled up right in front of me.

6. We need to put a legitimate punter and kicker on scholarship.

7. Armado Allen will break loose for some big plays this year.

8. Robert hughes will get some PT and he looked good on returns.

9. What happened to our defense?

10. Did anyone notice that our Senior DT got kicked out for a hand to the head?

picking apart ur post, not being disrespectful, just commenting :-D

1) no comment

2 - 3) i agree

4) Grimes will still be the go to guy, we just gotta get em the ball, i agree Kamara will get more time, and West & Parris were pretty good as well

5) I hope he's alright, he did pretty good today, got beat on the 1 deep ball (incomplete pass in end zone to Johnson), but was tight enough all day

6) Price will be fine, bad first punt -- Brandon Walker made his only FG

7)I totally agree, wish he did a lil' better on the returns, but the kid is a stud

8) I liked second or third play of the game and it's shotgun 2 backs and they're both frosh AA n RH

9) I also agree, while a lot of ppl give them credit, how can u get credit when they're on the 40 and in 3 or less plays they're in the red zone again. yes we didnt give up the big play, but they looked like a bunch of matadors outside of the redzone. didnt start playin til they got close to the goal line.

10) It was the call that turned the whole game for the worse, yes things werent goin good at that point, but it wouldve been 9-0 and we woulda had the ball with a new QB in. Defense played worse from that point on.

That was a BS call. Not only was it a hand to the helmet, but the GT guy INSTIGATED it. Whatever. It definitely was a turning point.

Also, about the QB thing. I am not going to sit here and say "I told you so," and all, but I am going to comment on Demetrius. I will give him credit where it is due, because the line did not hold up well, and it was opening day, but the crowd and the o-line did not fumble the ball. Twice. Despite the poor play calling and lack of support, he still needs to be able to hang on to the football.

-MW-