Notre Dame commit and #1 ranked TE talks to DomerDomain.com about his future with the Irish, and some recruiting too.
1) After seeing the first 5 games, how do you think Notre Dame implements the TE into their game plan?
Well from seeing this past week I think Coach Weis does a nice job of getting multiple TE’s into the game…not only was John in, but Will gets in a lot and Ragone saw some minutes as well. Then John had 5 catches and a TD.
2) Are you still a solid verbal after an 0-5 Notre Dame start, and if yes/no, why?
Yes. I know Notre Dame is the right place for me both in football and as a student.
3) Are other schools still trying to recruit you? If so, which ones?
Not really, coach Ramsey [high school coach] does a nice job of keeping them away.
4) Do you have much contact with any other ND ’08 recruits? Do you know if they’re all still committed?
I do talk to some of them from time to time, and yes, I think they’re still all in.
5) Are you planning on coming up to Notre Dame for an official visit? If so, which game?
I’m coming up for the BC game, but that isn’t my official. I’m not sure when I will make my official.
6) What was the biggest reason you chose Notre Dame?
After the great football program, it had to be the people and the atmosphere.
7) There’s been talk about certain Notre Dame recruits looking at other schools. How do you think this affects coach Weis’ policy on “If you’re looking, we’re looking.”
I’m not familiar with that policy, but I would say that’s fair.
8) Do you know any recruits who are looking at ND strongly as of now? Who do you believe the next commit will be?
I’m not sure. I hope its Mike Floyd. He was at camp with me this summer and seemed to like ND.