just couldnt get it done.

Guest JTennant

Guest JTennant

We will not get this game back... EVER - If we beat USC 10 straight times it will not matter. This team is not playing for tomorrow, we are playing for today - you ND fans need to realize that we have a team that can do something special this year. We can win a bowl game! - We can get an at large BCS birth if we run the table. I think we will be ready to go vs BYU.

The worst thing I hate hearing is "oh well we gave them a game"

FUCK THAT, we got beat, that was OUR GAME. We Lost the game, USC made big plays that were questionably stupid calls(coaching) - but they converted..Im going to stop making excuses, but we lost and should have won. We can rally for BYU, but every chance we had at NC appearance was erased today, and if you didnt believe we could do it this year, then maybe you need pay a little bit closer attention.

Im sorry if I pissed you off but this is just how I feel about this loss.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we're all a little mad at the game right now. But for now, I'm looking forward to striving for a BCS win and a NC next year.

Sucks that we lost today though, I'll be in a bad mood all week.

Guest JTennant

I dont think we will be in as good shape for NC next year that we have this year, we will have to rebuild O line. That is where your Offense starts. We will have some promising recruits next year for defense, Quinn, Walker, and Thomas in backfield... I think we will be decent, but this was the year to make a run. If we run the table surely we will get picked up if we meet the criteria for BCS. We got picked up at 9-3 when we didnt deserve to be and it proved so getting smashed 41-9 by the Beavers, which I watched all of that game... I Love ND, we still have plenty to play for but damn...this one hurts BAD - I do not know what else to say right now, so im going to end this post..

Guest SirJohn

What is this? Mad?

I feel both physically and emotionaly drained in a game that changed lead five times.

I recall back in September no Notre Dame fan expected to go 11-0 in 2005. Best I saw listed was 9-2. So the whole season is over and we should throw it in the toilet? Five games are still on the schedule. BYU is next and BYU is the one to look at.

I have never seen such a team as ours overcome so much freaking adversity. From firing one coach till now.

Does anyone recall this team was pure junk? We recruited only 15 guys?

The coaches have barely been together 10 months one is a newcomer. The team only had this playbook less than 10 months. Both sides of the ball had to learn new things. Excuses? No cold facts.

Losing was not fun and I agree with our Head Coach that there is nothing good about a loss but don't hang your heads in a gutsy street fight of a game.

What happened we were supposed to lose a bunch. We beat three ranked teams then suddenly those were not any good.

As I see it we are 4-2 and our two losses are just 3 points each both coming in the last seconds of a game or OT. Heart breaking but Jeese!

We were supposed to be mashed by USC the highly touted #1 team not lose by 3. Not even be a close game. Coach Polian was telling a recruits father we should win the NC in 3 years. He didn't say 2005. or 2006.

Most certainly we will never get this game back but then that is football. Everyone connected even remotely to ND wanted a win. We didn't win. Move on next is BYU, the 'religious war.'

I want to see the recruts we got already, hopefully a bunch after the USC game as well and this 2006 team have even more exposue to our coaching staff and that playbook. :D I'll call it a very hungry 2006 team that had a 9-2 in 2005 with an even bigger chip on it's shoulder.

I do commend fans that except for the prior part of the season not talking about any team but the very next one on our schedule. When our opponent was Pitt we stayed on Pitt not even remotely that USC game.

Disappointed? Yes I am. I want the Coach and team to get their first Home victory. That has to be BYU. :)

Five games to go and I look forwards to each one. Bowl? I have never mentioned Bowl and sure won't now. Just these five games. What happens after the last game just happens and I'm not speculating.

Immediately after the last game I am looking forwards to and studying the Notre Dame 2006 team.

Guest JTennant

You have me all wrong. - I am not calling for anyones head and I am not saying this season is Over - Im saying that we have an extreme let down. And yes, I was expecting an 11-0 season. I knew we would have a shot with all of our returning weapons on offense. I have not given up, will not give up, just mad because I feel like im the only person dissapointed, because everyone is pissed, I feel like everyone is like "well charlie will return is to greatness soon - we played a hell of a game" - The point is we lost when we should have won - that is the point.

BTW - Polian told the recruit that it would be honestly "2 Years" before they were competitive, while Charlie has been trying to convince us all along that we are better than other people think. I think he did a good job of doing that Saturday, just did not get the EXPECTED result.

Guest Weisguy

well if the rule of helping the runner would have been called (which it never is) notre dame wins. the winning td by leinart was actually illegal because bush pushed him in. great game but still a loss. we run the tables the rest of the way and we should get a bcs bid.... 2 key plays that really lost it for us... getting beat on the 4th down and fitzpatricks missed field goal.

Guest SirJohn

Weisguy, I tried to take a look for you in NCAA rulebook but My PDF download froze.

I think if I recall correctly ?? It is ok to assist the runner in that manner. Bush openly admitted he pushed. Coach Weis uttered no complaint so I'm thinking that's allowed. Now to physically pick up your runner that close to line and say throw him over the goal line as he has the ball is illegal.

No it is not allowed. Also, Leinarts fumble, if fumbled in front of him, would have started the clock, ND wins. If he fumbled behind him, there's no way the spot should be half a yard out. The refs screwed the end of the game.

Nothing we can do now. BYU next.

Guest SirJohn

Ryan very true. :D One I will also watch is USC vs Ty and Washington next week. I figure 70 points plus? Ahahahahahahahahahah :D It's USC's usual speed pointwise.

Guest JTennant

dont worry about what USC does to washington, you can believe the huskies will be fired up, and USC will win the game in the 3rd quarter as usual. the irish have enough problems to worry about this week. Weis has to gameplan to attack this 3-3-5 defensive attack? (im almost positive they are still using that) which basically calls for nickle and dime offensive plays or running right at a 6 man front which shouldnt be too hard - I think the Irish will be fine and this one should be out of hand by the 2nd quarter but we will see... GO IRISH - sorry for BYU haha.. here come the irish.