Fasano's hurtle.......

Guest Snatchy_McPants

Guest Snatchy_McPants

I freaking loved that move on the first play. For a big guy, he got UP! Does anybody know where I can find a pic of his leap online? I can't believe I'm having this much trouble finding it. I was hoping to make it my "background of the week."

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SNATCHY I KNNNNNNNW.

I want it. Play of the week? CENTURY.

I saw that whole thing develop without knowing about this young boy.

Want to call it Hail Mary Miracle? I was going "What the h***?" Quinn can be sacked then that pass then that Washington guy fly in for the tackle..... :D Leap and first down.

If you find it let us all know. I'll write I want a personal DVD of that game just for the single opening play.

Guest IrishTobey

I remember watching the game thinking that Weis has some serious nads to call that play. When I saw the story of the little boy named Montana (who has a brother named Rochne by the way) I literrally balled like a baby. There is just something about sports and kids that gets me everytime. The story was on the local news and when my wife walked in she asked what was wrong. I couldn't talk. I just can't help but think that young Montana was up above giving Fasano a boost on that. What a story. Gentlemen, ND is back. This story is the stuff of legends, what ND is all about. Remember Montana and his family today b/c I think the funeral is this afternoon according the local South Bend news and hopefully the spirit of that little boy will be with the team the rest of the year. GO IRISH!!

Guest Snatchy_McPants

Very well said Tobey. This is that one intangible that fans of other teams simply can't understand. Notre Dame fans truly care about their team, this is not just about football. Never has been, never will be.

Toby (ALL) It sure is the thing of legends.

Look back. All we were getting was 'crap' newswise. Along came Weis...Things spread, changed, developed.....ALL we heard up to this dumb TY bowl was TY. ABC ESPN trashing us......

We have a lot to be proud of that others want to overlook, tear down trash and spit on.

This young boy makes us what we really are and we know we are. God bless him.

Remember something like this when one of the 'sports talking heads trashes us." This young boy is all we have and I am happy with that.[/u]

Guest IrishTobey

Makes me proud to be an Irish fan. Like Weis said this little boy helps keep everything in perspective. I love how Weis didn't take any credit for it. He said the univeristy asked him to go over there. He said he was just doing what he could do. It's a little different attitude then we saw from Ty "we were five plays away from winning" Willingham. I wish i could find the article but I read somewhere that Quinn was one of the few that knew that play was going to be called. When ND got the ball on their own 1 he asked Weis if he was still going to do it and Weis just said "I made a promise" and they ran it to perfection. Kind of gives ya chills. On the way in to work this morning i caught some of Mike and Mike in the morning and they were really praising Weis and talking about this story with the little boy. Greeny said Weis "just gets it" They were very complimentary of ND and Weis. It's a new day for sure at ND!!!!

Weisguy I saved that pix he found... That's legened now and a memory. I hope they do it up at the GUG?

It won't last except for us believers.

You know in a way all this just let all the media ankle deep in the mire they have always been. Anyone else notice how they shut up recently?

Didn't want to say or expose that but it is true.

Don't worry like roaches coming out when the lights are off they will all be on our backs in a few days.

I honor this young boy, our team and Coach. Want nasty you got it.

Guest WeisGuy05

Definately yes. Great effort from the team to have done this for Montana. I saved the picture also. I actually sent the picture to a friend of mine you just graduated from Purdue and I told him that would be Pollard under Fasano this week. Dan Patrick was having a hard time reading the story over the air today on his ESPN Radio show. Great, great story. Especially the quote where Weis told Brady we are throwing to the right after Brady asked Coach what are we going to do now.

Thanks Weisguy...You know you sit here and.. hear things like that.. It's.. how can you explain it? There's a love, connection, family there (RELGION EVEN IF IT'S NOT YOURS) shared. It has been missing so long I feel this young boy brought it all back. He is in heaven.