2023 Record Prediction thread

I'm going  to do this @2lakes style with probabilities

Navy-.99

Tennessee State= 1 if we lose this don't talk to me for a month.

N.C. State- .9

Central Michigan- .99

vs Ohio State. .75

at Duke- .9

At Louisville ,9

Vs U.S.C     .75

Vs Pitt. .9

At Clemson .75

vs Wake .99

At Stanford .9

I'm like 11-1/ 10-2

I'm buying the hype this year more than most.

• Heart 2
  • Leprechaun 1

I'm on 10-2, and we play well against ranked teams.  Hoping for no losses against unranked, and no laying eggs.  With the schedule, 11 would get us in the playoff IMO.  My biggest question is Gerad Parker.  Injuries could also factor, but no controlling that.  Need to win 10.

• Heart 1

I'm still going with 9-3.  Loss to Ohio State and either USC or Clemson, but not both.  Don't know exactly where the third loss will be; maybe NC State, Louisville, or Pitt (?).  I like a lot about this team.  I just don't like ND's penchant for taking coaches who have not proven themselves at the level at which they're hired.  Don't get me wrong; the coaches have usually been in coaching somewhere for a while.  But, they haven't proven themselves as a head coach, for instance, or as an offensive coordinator.  Parker did have some limited experience as an OC, but not anywhere near enough (IMHO) to be the OC at ND.  Like Rees before him.  I agree with JeffV and go even further:  the season depends on the effectiveness of Parker.

I'd be happy with a 10-3 overall record, however that takes place.  A 4th loss, however, would have me wondering about the future of the program, even if that 4th loss took place in a bowl game. 

• Heart 2

Thinking 10-2. 

I think they can beat OSU with the uncertainty at QB and them turning over a new OL - just wish we got them the first game of the season. I see ND losing to USC or Clemson, but I really hope it's not USC. Last year left a bad taste in my mouth, so I would love to give Caleb Williams some payback.

This schedule is a lot harder than it looks. ND has to travel to Ireland, then play the very next week (albeit against an FCS school). But ND starts the season with 8 games in a row without a bye. I could see them losing one in a tough four game stretch: OSU, @Duke, @Louisville, USC.

The ACC opponents are much tougher than they've been the past few years. 

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 2

I’m going with 10-2 at a minimum but think 11-1 is very possible.  I think they will lose 1 of the OSU, USC, Clemson games. 

Hope that sea of scarlet doesn’t materialize for the OSU game!

• Heart 1

Guess I’ll be the naysayer on the board with Antostal. 

10-2 at best with 8-4 likely. 

Just don’t see them beating OSU or USC.  Too much talent on both those teams. Also think they choke against two times against either Clemson, Pitt, NCST, or Duke. 

Hope I’m wrong every year but I like to be pleasantly surprised then disappointed. 

• Heart 2

My heart tells me 10-2 or better

My mind tells me 9-3 with all the coaching staff changes

either way, I’m freaking excited for the season. 

- Freeman in his second year will be fun to see how he’s grown and progressed

- Sam Hartman!!!

- How will Parker do and how will the offense look compared to Reese?

- so many fun recruits that have come in. Can’t wait to see who shines early

- what a freaking great schedule! Clemson, Ohio State, and USC! Plus Navy in Dublin!

• Heart 2

A little thought. I see ND getting payback on that biotch Williams. I do. Clemson may want payback from last year. So I could see maybe a loss depending on Klubnik. But Hartman should still be able to outplay him. So we will see. 
Ohio State all depends on how many ND fans sell their tickets and does ND lose home field advantage. I went on stubhub or some crap and saw some really crap seats for some really high prices. Couple the fact I live in Scottsdale, AZ getting a hotel flight etc probably seems out of the question. So I hope my brothers step up!  
As Teun said, I really wish we got them the first game. The same way we did for them by going their breaking in a new qb. But I’m sure they cried about it and would only accept a home and home if it was later for them coming to ND. 
I’m really interested in seeing how ND looks this year. I hope they don’t just go all pass happy with Hartman. They had a true identity last year and if they have championship aspirations then they better stick to the run game. That’s how they smashed Clemson. That’s how they kept is close with Ohio State(albeit a loss) but that’s the way Michigan has rolled them. But gashing them with the run. If ND wants to win that’s what they need to do. 

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...

I on board with the 12-0 myself for all the reasons Tailgate Approved and Coltssb gave. I really think having a QB this year with Hartman and those young WRs are going to make a big difference in the Irish O.

• Heart 1
  • Trophy 1

I have no idea what to expect with this season.

I like 3 spots on the OL with Alt, Fisher, and should be Schrauth at one G.  I'm hoping Correll is better.  It's the open G spot that has me worried with a bunch of possibilities and no one who has seized the job and left no doubts.

I really like the RB room.  Good mix of old and new, as well as different strengths.

Who fills in for Mayer?  I like the WRs who started coming on last season, and the new kids coming in should get some looks too.  I expect having a seasoned QB who can progress through the reads will help get more guys involved and make it difficult for defenses to single out one guy(Mayer) then load the box to stuff the run.

Hartman should be good for at least closing the gap a bit, and could improve our win total.  He isn't perfect  and will be looking to work hard and impress scouts to get to the next level.  Nice thing about all the ACC games we play, he's been there and done that, bringing extra insight for scouting those games based on his knowledge.  Need to keep his jersey clean.  He has one WTF game or two a year, so the staff really needs to be on the watch for it and be ready with the ground and pound to help mitigate it.

The DL has lots of bodies but no real stand outs.  Not necessarily a bad things with a group of lunch pale guys, but need to get someone to step up and be the guy pressuring the QB.

I don't know what to think of the LBs.  We need something to change.  Luifau is terrible on blitzes and I have a hard time believing someone can't beat him out.  Bertrand and Kizer are alright, but don't really strike fear into offenses.

The secondary is a big unknown.  Morrison is a stud and will make teams this year have to game plan for him or not throw his way a ton.  All the other positions a big question marks that need to be figured out.

No predictions for our record though.  I think we are going to lean on the O moreso this year because of so many questions on the D.  

• Heart 3

I predict Alabama goes 12-0 with Tyler Buchner as their starting QB and Tommy Rees doing masterful play-calling.

Or, maybe not.

ND goes 9-3 regular season, 10-3 after a  decent bowl.  Anything less than that will have me wondering about the future of this team.

• Trophy 1

8 hours ago, ND_JACK said:

This article supports my prediction….that changes in the “passing game” are going to have a major impact on how the 2023 offense operates 

https://apple.news/AVSsKgJLQR8mHTzD-rG0_vw

Funny, that article doesn't name one pass receiver...haven't seen a competitive competent receiver not named Mayer in several seasons... someone better step up or not much will change on the offensive side of things...and our predicted top receiver had just 361 yards last year...

Edited by Rocketsan

2 hours ago, Rocketsan said:

Funny, that article doesn't name one pass receiver...haven't seen a competitive competent receiver not named Mayer in several seasons... someone better step up or not much will change on the offensive side of things...and our predicted top receiver had just 361 yards last year...

I think we are going to see A LOT of new young faces on the receiving end this year. I know it was only the spring game but Greathouse sure look good in the spring game. 

• Heart 4

11 hours ago, Rocketsan said:

To be fair we didn't have much for a competent QB last year either.  We started seeing those young guys step it up by the mid/end of the season and overtaking some of the more senior guys.  Styles is gone and he didn't do much when they did target him.  Lenzy is also gone, who unfortunately didn't quite work out like everyone hoped.

We saw many times guys running wide open, but a QB(s) who were inept at going through their progressions and reading defenses and instead locked onto Mr Reliable, Mayer.  Hartman doesn't have that issue and actually goes through those steps quite well in the games I've watched him.

• Heart 3