Game Thread - #21 Notre Dame vs. #10 USC (10/14/23)

• 6 months later...

The best thing ND has in its favor is the weather conditions. It's hard for USC to prepare for 49 degrees, windy and possibly rainy this time of year in Los Angeles. 

I hope Freeman is going to practice all week outside. And I hope he let's Hartman audible out of running plays when there are too many defenders to block in the box. 

Edited by Frankus
  • Heart 1
  • Flames 2

Delightful welcome, hopefully Caleb Williams has a big bag of sweet sticky weed on his person. 

In a less light note, what does the world know about ND football that I am not seeing? The fact that so many people are saying that ND is going to beat SC doesn't jive with what I have seen these past couple of weeks / 30 years.

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

1 minute ago, EddieAngel said:

Delightful welcome, hopefully Caleb Williams has a big bag of sweet sticky weed on his person. 

In a less light note, what does the world know about ND football that I am not seeing? The fact that so many people are saying that ND is going to beat SC doesn't jive with what I have seen these past couple of weeks / 30 years.

Agreed! And if only! 😂

I think they are being super optimistic, but who knows?

I don’t see us winning….and I think it could be ugly. I feel like our offense will short circuit itself even though their defense is bad.  I don’t think we have the athletes at lb to control Williams.  Hope I am wrong, but the 4th quarter won’t be worth watching.  

1 hour ago, Ksessoms1 said:

I don’t see us winning….and I think it could be ugly. I feel like our offense will short circuit itself even though their defense is bad.  I don’t think we have the athletes at lb to control Williams.  Hope I am wrong, but the 4th quarter won’t be worth watching.  

You’re not wrong, but with the weather looking like this, I say advantage Notre Dame. 🍀🏈

• Heart 1

On 10/10/2023 at 9:15 AM, Frankus said:

The best thing ND has in its favor is the weather conditions. It's hard for USC to prepare for 49 degrees, windy and possibly rainy this time of year in Los Angeles. 

I hope Freeman is going to practice all week outside. And I hope he let's Hartman audible out of running plays when there are too many defenders to block in the box. 

USC has been spraying punt returners with hoses, preparing for the rain. 
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2023/10/11/23912806/usc-vs-notre-dame-weather-rain-practice-hoses-video-trojans

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

3 hours ago, AnTostal said:

I find myself oddly disinterested in this game. The loss to Louisville has completely and totally deflated my expectations regarding ND football. Always a fan, but now a bit dispassionate. 

I do feel you on this, because the Louisville loss really put a bad taste in my mouth too. Just so disappointing.

But still, here’s to hoping Notre Dame can right the ship by beating USC today!

Go Irish!!! 🍀🏈

6 hours ago, jimbo said:

I'm looking forward to a really good game, should be an exciting one. I think ND gets back on track starting here and now!

I couldn’t agree more. I made the trip from NY and I am excited to cheer for ND. It’s 4:00 the rain has stopped but looks like it could start up again any minute. Temperature is about 50 degrees with a decent wind blowing. I think this weather is better for ND. My prediction ND wins this one.  

• Cheers 1
  • Leprechaun 1