Game Thread - #11 Notre Dame at #17 Duke (9/30/23)

• 5 months later...

Duke is a top 20 ranked team, there is every reason to care.  The Irish still have a path.  Duke already beat Clemson and they play FSU three weeks after they play ND.  Clemson had FSU dead to rights but missed a chip shot field goal that allowed FSU to come back and force OT.  Hopefully Duke can hang with FSU as well.  So long as we take care of both Duke and Clemson, and hopefully Duke can knock off FSU, that will be a huge boost for the Irish.  Sucks to say it but we have to hope OSU runs the table and knocks out Michigan.  Hopefully USC is still undefeated when they come to South Bend and we can take care of them.  ND also cannot overlook Clemson.  

• Heart 1
  • Flames 2

On 9/25/2023 at 2:17 PM, NYGoldenDomer said:

Duke is a top 20 ranked team, there is every reason to care.  The Irish still have a path.  Duke already beat Clemson and they play FSU three weeks after they play ND.  Clemson had FSU dead to rights but missed a chip shot field goal that allowed FSU to come back and force OT.  Hopefully Duke can hang with FSU as well.  So long as we take care of both Duke and Clemson, and hopefully Duke can knock off FSU, that will be a huge boost for the Irish.  Sucks to say it but we have to hope OSU runs the table and knocks out Michigan.  Hopefully USC is still undefeated when they come to South Bend and we can take care of them.  ND also cannot overlook Clemson.  

Just can't have a let down after losing the biggest game of the year.  Smash Duke by 30 points.  At Duke.

Hard to imagine a let down at Clemson.  Always going to be a big game and big game environment.

Louisville won't be a piece of cake either.

• Heart 2
  • Leprechaun 1

15 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

Just can't have a let down after losing the biggest game of the year.  Smash Duke by 30 points.  At Duke.

Hard to imagine a let down at Clemson.  Always going to be a big game and big game environment.

Louisville won't be a piece of cake either.

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

ND needs to frig up as many good teams as possible.  OSU must smash PSU and Michigan going forward.  The Irish loss has to look better.  Hopefully one of PSU/Michigan destroys the other in a lopsided win either way.  Or, we get lucky and someone else upsets PSU and PSU knocks off Michigan.  Either way, if OSU beats both of them, one of them will have 2 losses.  With two losses, Clemson is almost a lost cause as far as our SOS goes.  We now have to hope that Duke is what we thought Clemson would be.  Hopefully Duke knocks off FSU and North Carolina so they stay ranked high after losing to the Irish.  For the most part, the rest of the ACC teams that ND plays are all going to play each other.  Hopefully Duke wins all and someone else comes out with no other losses aside from losses to ND and Duke.  USC plays Oregon, Washington, and Utah.  So long as USC beats all of them worse than OSU beat ND and ND beats USC we should be good.  Our path is there.  ND just needs to dominate going forward.  We also need some help elsewhere along the way.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

THIS IS WHY I frigING LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!  You have to win your season based on playing 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon.  It puts rooting interests in so many other games.  I frigING LOVE IT!!!!!!  
Rick Flair Crypto GIF by BitPal

Spot on effin accurate here pal! Like, no other sport even comes close to CFB! ❤️

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I am so over this F-bomb filter.  It take all of the emotion out of my posts! lol

I Feel You Point GIF by Shalita Grant

Because it helps emphasize the point, right!? It’s like, no one will understand how I feel unless I drop an eff bomb! 🤣😂

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, The Captain 19 said:

The F word is part of my everyday vocabulary. 

I already programed a work around years ago by using word prediction or whatever Apple calls it, but, its pretty awesome that iPhones will no longer autocorrect frig to duck lol

edit -  you know what I mean lol

Edited by NYGoldenDomer
  • Laughing Leprechaun 2

3 hours ago, The Captain 19 said:

The F word is part of my everyday vocabulary. 

2 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I already programed a work around years ago by using word prediction or whatever Apple calls it, but, its pretty awesome that iPhones will no longer autocorrect frig to duck lol

edit -  you know what I mean lol

As a former aircraft maintainer, cursing was how we communicated. Basically, the more you did it, the more it showed you cared. My favorite was stringing them together, because that’s when you knew s**t was about to get real! 🤣 It is now engrained in my blood, and I will be doing it forever! 😜

And that’s a cool trick to know NYGoldenDomer! 😁