Game Thread - #9 Notre Dame vs #6 Ohio State (9/23/23)

• 5 months later...
5 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

War Fx GIF by BasketsFX

Agreed. Biggest game in a long time. I get ND beat a declining Clemson last year. But this is the rare time., ND has an experience advantage at QB(Assuming Hartman plays, he wouldn't really let the trainer look at it much, tough dude.) I would give Ohio State the athlete advantage on defense. However if Bertrand and Brown both play I can't believe the experience on defense would not be equal. This is a real good shot to have a chance to win this in the 4th quarter. I'm ready now but I need to wait 6 days. Go Irish!

• Heart 3
  • Leprechaun 1

1 minute ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

Agreed. Biggest game in a long time. I get ND beat a declining Clemson last year. But this isthe rare time., ND has an experience advantage at QB(Assuming Hartman plays, he wouldn't really let the trainer look at it much, tough dude.) I would give Ohio State the athlete advantage on defense. However if Bertrand and Brown both play I can't believe the experience on defense would not be equal. This is a real good shot to have a chance to win this in the 4th quarter. I'm ready now but I need to wait 6 days. Go Irish!

Yea this is going to be a loooooong damn week

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

Quinn says

1. Explosive pass/run plays

2. Entend the play

3. Eliminate Marvin Harrison Jr's big plays

4. Make  QB McCord uncomfortable

I’m excited to see the Ben Morrison vs Marvin Harrison Jr. matchup!

43 minutes ago, jessemoore97 said:

We haven't beat these guys in my life time.  Would really like that to change.

I mean, for real! Go Irish!!!

• Heart 1

Freeman is focused unlike Kelly who had the deer in the headlights look leading up to big games

Hartman is the missing piece the Irish have sorely missed

Rees is gone 

This team just feels different 

ND will prove to the college football  world that they are for real after a hard fought victory over Ohio State 

• Leprechaun 2

frig Ohio State. Watched two beat down of my Irish by them and they are the worst ducking fan base I’ve been around. Absolutely despise them. 
As Jessie said, let’s beat them in my lifetime. 
Their message board is pretty much sold that Ohio State has already won this game. 
I have to believe Freeman will have these guys Laser focused. Nothing like beating your former team.  
The one caveat is I still have issues with this team on certain issues. O-line blocking. They’ll have a way better defense than anything we have seen this season. Those guys need to be pissed off and ready to play. So if somebody has to smack them in the ear hole to get them going-do it!

We get gashed right up the middle. Hoping Rubio can be ready to play. They need size desperately. 
Our receivers are still not getting open or the gameplay was trying to get chunk plays against C. Michigan. Because that game looked like Boom was out there long for guys and then trying to make something happen. I’m assuming Parker will have a different style of calling plays this week. Better have a drop off and some misdirection plays ready. Staes, the running backs and Evans better be ready with a lunch pale. 
Ohio State has been beat badly by being gashed up the middle running the ball. Michigan stuck with it and eventually it worked. Need Hartman to be a tough sob on some downs. 
So f’in hyped for this game. 

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1
  • Leprechaun 1

Coltssb, Im an OSU fan and graduate and all fan bases have their fringe fans that are an embarrassment to the program. I've run into many ND fans around the US and some are just as unpleasant as what you have probably experienced with OSU fans. I don't assume all ND fans are "the worst" because of them. A few rotten eggs don't spoil the lot. As for thinking we have this won, that's not the case either. Many of my OSU friends and I are concerned if we have what it takes this year. Regardless, don't lump all fans into one category please. I'm sure if we met randomly without knowing each eithers college affiliation, we might just get along. 

• Cheers 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 1

If we rely on long passes and the between the tackles run game only we will be in trouble IMHP. We must no assume that Hartman will have the time to sit back and survey the field like he has had in 3 of the 4 games. If we neglect the short pass game we are doomed. Must have slants. Double and triple WR sets. TE seams. Chip  and drag routes. Must expand the offense. 

• Flames 1

34 minutes ago, VCDomer said:

If we rely on long passes and the between the tackles run game only we will be in trouble IMHP. We must no assume that Hartman will have the time to sit back and survey the field like he has had in 3 of the 4 games. If we neglect the short pass game we are doomed. Must have slants. Double and triple WR sets. TE seams. Chip  and drag routes. Must expand the offense. 

I am hoping that there are some wrinkles on both O and D which have been practiced but not used in games yet. 

• Heart 2
  • Trophy 1