Game Thread - #10 Notre Dame at NC State (9/9/23)

• 5 months later...

If we play with passion and energy and don’t turn the ball over I think we win by 17+. This is the first real game where I think we can really evaluate this team and where we really are. It will be a tougher test than we think imo, because Hartman has struggled against State in the past. 

• Flames 1

image.png

I don't bet and won't bet. but could some explain these to me.

So bettors on ND to win have to win by 8. So Like 28-20 would cover?

I don't understand the Money line at all. EDIT: Looked up a video its just the percentage you get paid out. Notre dame wins would get paid out less than NC State wins

Total points would be like if the score was 32-20 Notre Dame the Over wins. 31-20 Notre Dame the under wins?

Thanks

50 minutes ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

image.png

I don't bet and won't bet. but could some explain these to me.

So bettors on ND to win have to win by 8. So Like 28-20 would cover?

I don't understand the Money line at all. EDIT: Looked up a video its just the percentage you get paid out. Notre dame wins would get paid out less than NC State wins

Total points would be like if the score was 32-20 Notre Dame the Over wins. 31-20 Notre Dame the under wins?

Thanks

Spread = how many points one team gets to make it even

Money line = odds for an outright win. So ND vs tenn state, you would need to risk 100 dollars to win 1, a game like ND/ OSU, (assuming its even money) you would risk 100 to win 100

40 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

Spread = how many points one team gets to make it even

Money line = odds for an outright win. So ND vs tenn state, you would need to risk 100 dollars to win 1, a game like ND/ OSU, (assuming its even money) you would risk 100 to win 100

So if ND wins by 8 the spread betters get 90 cents(110/100) odds on a dollar bet

The odds makers seem to think the win probability is about 75 percent ND.