Game Thread - #13 Notre Dame vs. Tennessee State (9/2/23)

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Rocketsan said:

didn't know there even was a gameday forum...

subforum its an option on the side of the screen let me see if take a screenshot

image.png

On the top right do you see how gameday is checked. If all football you check   all 3. Just gameday you check that one, just recruiting you check that one

8 minutes ago, irishwavend said:

This game is such a joke.  I’m not watching.  I used to take pride in the fact that we only played real D-1 teams…. This is a joke for many reasons beyond that.  No thanks.

I get it… But at the same time, everyone has them… Heck SEC schools do it the last week before their season finale. My thought is that you are only guaranteed 12 of theses every year… Cherish them all.

• Heart 3
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, NDFBL19 said:

I get it… But at the same time, everyone has them… Heck SEC schools do it the last week before their season finale. My thought is that you are only guaranteed 12 of theses every year… Cherish them all.

1.) I’ve been a huge proponent for years that playing JV games like that should count as a loss.

2.) This game is pure politics showing that Notre Dame “cares” about something that is full of fallacies in reality…

I’m not going to participate in it in either case…. Love my team, but this game is bull****

On 8/27/2023 at 8:49 PM, NYGoldenDomer said:

I look at this game as a chance for the 2nd/3rd strings to hopefully get a decent amount of snaps.  That's pretty much it.  Get on them early and often and then get the backups on the field.

But I agree with @irishwavend that I hate ND has stooped to these lows as well.  I said it in another thread, I'll say it again.  I get the idea of scheduling a cupcake once a year.  At least make it a FBS cupcake.  Schedule a bottom of the barrel ACC team since we have that contract.  Schedule someone like Rutgers.  Schedule a G5 school.  Stay out of the FCS.  I mean, shit, we had Marshall last year and look what happened.  Could you image if that happened with a FCS team?

Edited by NYGoldenDomer
typo
  • Heart 1

24 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

But I agree with @irishwavend that I hate ND has stooped to these lows as well.  I said it in another thread, I'll say it again.  I get the idea of scheduling a cupcake once a year.  At least make it a FBS cupcake.  Schedule a bottom of the barrel ACC team since we have that contract.  Schedule someone like Rutgers.  Schedule a G5 school.  Stay out of the FCS.  I mean, shit, we has Marshall last year and look what happened.  Could you image if that happened with a FCS team?

Maybe we should get a Michigan fan on here to ask them how it was with an FCS team. Hahahaha. And they were a top 5 team at the time App State got them.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 1

3 minutes ago, NDFBL19 said:

Maybe we should get a Michigan fan on here to ask them how it was with an FCS team. Hahahaha. And they were a top 5 team at the time App State got them.

Yup.  While it is unlikely, games like this can be overlooked.  Hence Marshall last year, the Michigan game you referenced.  It can happen.  I would prefer to lay an egg against a low level FBS team than god forbid someone in the FCS.

• Heart 1