New OL Coach?

How do people feel about their energy spent being angry about not hiring Luke…?  Waste of time and wish you waited until the final result or still a bit disappointed and still holding on to some resentment…?  Honest question…no judgment.  I’m personally happy with the hire and like my new perspective - ignore this crap until we know the end result.

• Heart 1

40 minutes ago, irishwavend said:

How do people feel about their energy spent being angry about not hiring Luke…?  Waste of time and wish you waited until the final result or still a bit disappointed and still holding on to some resentment…?  Honest question…no judgment.  I’m personally happy with the hire and like my new perspective - ignore this crap until we know the end result.

I don't think there was a lot of 'anger' about Luke not accepting. They tried for an A+ candidate for OL coach and did not get him and money did not seem to be an issue.

Missing out on Ludwig as OC with Jack stubbing his toe on getting the buyout amount wrong being a contributing factor, yes there was anger there.

• Heart 2

If I were looking at this resume, I’d ask why he went to VaTech despite being “associate head coach” at Wisconsin, only to leave after one year to go to ND.  And, why did the article above exclude any discussion of his productivity at VT…?  Poor writing…or is there a reason.

He seems great, but you have to slightly wonder…wasn’t Chryst an o-line guy, so hopefully, Rudolph wasn’t riding his coattails in the shadow of Chryst.  It seems to be a stretch asking these questions…but you never know completely until you see the product on the field.  Why VT…?

10 hours ago, irishwavend said:

If I were looking at this resume, I’d ask why he went to VaTech despite being “associate head coach” at Wisconsin, only to leave after one year to go to ND.  And, why did the article above exclude any discussion of his productivity at VT…?  Poor writing…or is there a reason.

He seems great, but you have to slightly wonder…wasn’t Chryst an o-line guy, so hopefully, Rudolph wasn’t riding his coattails in the shadow of Chryst.  It seems to be a stretch asking these questions…but you never know completely until you see the product on the field.  Why VT…?

Rudolph was demoted from OC to just OL coach and asked to take a pay cut at Wisconsin. 

• Heart 1

jbrown - the Wisconsin exit also struck me as a possible red flag... but given the OL success there and at Pitt  I think that this is his best role, and potentially a very good addition. He may have just peter principled as OC.

For additional context, I pulled these down 

Humorous article from2018:  
Immovables Feast: Wisconsin's Outstanding O-Line Is Built by Red Robin  

More serious article from 2020, also from SI 

Is Wisconsin the New O-Line U?

15 minutes ago, Wharton70 said:

jbrown - the Wisconsin exit also struck me as a possible red flag... but given the OL success there and at Pitt  I think that this is his best role, and potentially a very good addition. He may have just peter principled as OC.

For additional context, I pulled these down 

Humorous article from2018:  
Immovables Feast: Wisconsin's Outstanding O-Line Is Built by Red Robin  

More serious article from 2020, also from SI 

Is Wisconsin the New O-Line U?

BTW, ND was #1 and Wisconsin was #2 in their OL U rankings (2020)

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/02/modern-offensive-line-u-based-on-numbers

• Heart 2