New OL Coach?

I assume Harding is coming if Ludwig accepts the OC job, but just an educated guess. Not sure if he would be in the running to take over Utah OC or not.

I thought Watt would be a good choice too, but insiders are indicating that he is not in the running. 

IDK.  It's February.  Time is not on our side.  I gotta think we're limited on the college front.  That dust is fairly settled by now.  And if NFL candidates aren't loving recruiting and NIL... I wouldn't see too many exciting names we could bring.  Maybe.  Hiestand was a semi-retired rental (and a great one), but there aren't many like him.

Were it not for the OC "national search" shit show, I would not be disappointed with a young, hungry, ND alum and Hiestand protege that is Chris Watt.  Fairly, I won't be disappointed with it at all anyway.  Freeman knows if he has the room and the skills.  No recruits could have thought Hiestand would hang around forever - and it won't surprise me if he makes some guest appearances, or at least grabs an occasional beer with Watt.  Not sure he's even moving from South Bend.  Is his house for sale? 

That said, I fully acknowledge that ND is really leaning into the negative optics of all these comprehensive national coaching searches.  And it's warming up Freeman's seat to produce this season - but let's go!

• Heart 1

Maybe they can convince Hiestand to come out of retirement. Think of the positives for the school ….No buyout clause to pay, no relocation expenses , he knows / worked with the new OC, even the positive PR the school could spin , of how Jack convinced Hiestand to come out of retirement.

Edited by ND_JACK
  • Laughing Leprechaun 1

1 minute ago, ND_JACK said:

Maybe they can convince Hiestand to come out of retirement. Think of the positives for the school ….No buyout clause to pay, no relocation expenses , he knows the new OC, the positive PR of how Jack convinced Hiestand to come out of retirement.

Ha ha ha.  That would be the boldest move to satisfy the masses!

It would be surprising to name Watt, but after Parker, who knows.

I would think a majority of current P5 OL coaches would crawl through broken glass to coach ND, which is one of the Top 3 schools for OL. Can you imagine getting the opportunity to coach potentially two First Round OTs, Alt (2024) and Fisher (2025)? Not to mention a returning OC, and solid options at OG - Kristofic, Schrauth, etc. 

I would think ND could be very choosy with this hire. 

• Heart 2

28 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

I would think a majority of current P5 OL coaches would crawl through broken glass to coach ND, which is one of the Top 3 schools for OL. Can you imagine getting the opportunity to coach potentially two First Round OTs, Alt (2024) and Fisher (2025)? Not to mention a returning OC, and solid options at OG - Kristofic, Schrauth, etc. 

April 22nd- 5 weeks would be March 25th. My deadline for this hire like March 10 or 11th 

@tneun89Do you know when Notre Dame's Spring break is?

I'm assuming 3 practices per week for 5 weeks.

1 hour ago, tneun89 said:

Makes you wonder why Harry left 

36 minutes ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

April 22nd- 5 weeks would be March 25th. My deadline for this hire like March 10 or 11th 

@tneun89Do you know when Notre Dame's Spring break is?

I'm assuming 3 practices per week for 5 weeks.

Spring break is March 11-19. Heard that practice starts on March 22, but don’t think that’s been officially confirmed.

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

Spring break is March 11-19. Heard that practice starts on March 22, but don’t think that’s been officially confirmed.

Yep. So the press conference would be Either Monday the 20 or Tuesday the 21st thanks. Any position coach should be on campus at least 2-3 weeks before practice

• Heart 1