Incoming Transfer Portal Tracker

Just now, Big23Head said:

He’s visiting

Just did quick search on him.  Sounds like he was a heck of a player but had the injury bug midway '21 then ACL start of this season.  Would be good get if he overcomes the injuries and returns to form.  Will he be grad transfer I wonder or undergrad portal?

Hartman is 6 feet tall.  Pyne is 6 feet tall.  I'm curious to hear the thoughts of the people on DomerDomain who have been knocking Pyne's stature over this season.  Can't see over the offensive line, etc.  Why does height matter for Pyne but not for Hartman?

To piggyback on Jesse…Hartman has proven whatever his stature may be that it doesn’t affect his game, unlike Pyne…

Let’s not pine for Pyne.  He gone…. And, he was a true backup…fills the gap when he had too, but not gone be the game changer required to win a championship in the college game.

• Heart 2

22 minutes ago, jessemoore97 said:

Pyne is 5'10 if he's lucky.  Dude was a munchkin and there are plenty of side by side pictures of him next to other people that illustrates it.  His 6'0 listing is embellished wearing cleats with his helmet on lol.

Hartman is a legit 6'0.  Again not tall.  The big difference is SH has the experience.  He is so much better in progressing through his reads and not locking onto one receiever, can and does throw over the middle a lot(over the OL), gets the ball out quickly, and has a real calm demeanour in the pocket.  His main knock is if things go sideways he can have a bad game and difficulty getting out of the funk, see Louisville this season.  I've watched him play a number of times over the past few seasons and everytime, except Louisville, I would have taken him for ND and wished we had someone like him.  Now that may happen and we'll see how things go.  Not saying he's a savior QB especially since he's a one and done, but he could be very helpful in bridging the gap in our very inexperienced QB room and keep the momentum going/improving.  Hopefully having some upgrades in talent around him on both sides of the ball will assist him.

Put the two in number-less uniforms and have them stand side-by-side with their backs to you, and I wonder if you’d be able to tell them apart.  The published heights are the published heights. If someone who posts here has legitimate inside information about Pyne not being his published height, I would love to see that. 

I can and do understand that overall abilities are likely very different. But it seems like people rag on the height issue for Pyne.  I’m going by what’s published in terms of height, not what I think might be true.  Hartman may be a really good QB. I’m hoping he is, particularly if he lands at ND. 

In that case, how does Hartman’s 6 foot published height stack up to Buchner’s 6 feet 2 published height, particularly when combined with their different skill sets. I guess that’s what spring ball is all about. 

1 hour ago, AnTostal said:

Put the two in number-less uniforms and have them stand side-by-side with their backs to you, and I wonder if you’d be able to tell them apart.  The published heights are the published heights. If someone who posts here has legitimate inside information about Pyne not being his published height, I would love to see that. 

I can and do understand that overall abilities are likely very different. But it seems like people rag on the height issue for Pyne.  I’m going by what’s published in terms of height, not what I think might be true.  Hartman may be a really good QB. I’m hoping he is, particularly if he lands at ND. 

In that case, how does Hartman’s 6 foot published height stack up to Buchner’s 6 feet 2 published height, particularly when combined with their different skill sets. I guess that’s what spring ball is all about. 

Oh the difference between the two would be very easy to spot even in your Pepsi challenge lol.  Hartman is bigger than Pyne.

As far as skill sets between SH and TB, they are very different.  SH is a passer and far more experienced QB.  TB is very raw still and has very minimal playing time for 3 years now.  He is very athletic and very dangerous with his feet.  If I could meld those two together, I think we would have a very good QB who could lead us to the promised land.  Unfortunately I'm not a mad scientist...yet muhhhahahaha.

• Cheers 1