Incoming Transfer Portal Tracker

1 hour ago, Jersey Irish said:

Neither did Jack Coan but he was very good for ND in his one year.

Right I get that. I think he’s a good college QB and that’s all I care about.

My point was if he’s hoping to make a bunch of up front money, ND won’t be his destination.

• Heart 1

35 minutes ago, ND_JACK said:

I bet ND asked Hartman not to announce until after the bowl game Friday. Just to keep everyone on the team focused on the game.

My thoughts exactly. And maybe even after the first 2 CFP games. 

10 minutes ago, SDIrishFan said:

Right I get that. I think he’s a good college QB and that’s all I care about.

My point was if he’s hoping to make a bunch of up front money, ND won’t be his destination.

Probably decent booster NIL dollars. Not a ton, but probably more than WF. Couple 100k maybe?

And agree! Don't need a 1st rounder QB going to the NFL.. just a good/great CFB QB. 

Lot of pressure on Buchner... We'll see how much the box time helped him. 

2 minutes ago, SDIrishFan said:

Hopinp that our collective is "active" lol... 

• Heart 3

He's a smart guy.  He can always get a job after football, and that probably doesn't scare him down the road.  But he's going to take an NFL shot before he puts that CV together.

He's a good looking kid that already has NIL money coming in, that I'm sure (and he's sure) can be developed further on the field at ND.  Also, very few competitive, high profile programs can offer a starting job to him.  Combined with the opportunity to get up into the higher rounds of the draft, all that seems a decent risk reward.

All that said, ND seems logical on most counts.  Frankly, I doubt the 3rd party discussions didn't include some fairly substantial $# conversations.  Individual donors can reach out to the players/reps to discuss potential marketing opportunities - the university doesn't have any reins on that, not even ND. 

Just saying, I don't think we're losing on either the NIL or the football opportunity.

• Heart 3

This is a smart move by Hartman.  In addition to his measurable, he's played in that weird system with the long mesh points.  I'm sure he's gotten feedback that scouts want to see him un a different offense to prove he's not just a system QB

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Hmm...the power of ND and what could happen with a strong NIL program.

That's funny.  With the weather keeping so many in, and nothing else on but Hallmark Christmas type movies.

But you're right a lot of ND fans tuned in after the whispers of his portal entry and possible school of choice crept out a few days prior.

• Heart 2