Incoming Transfer Portal Tracker

14 hours ago, EddieAngel said:

Vegas is giving ND a reasonable shot at landing Spencer Sanders. I am not sure how to feel about him given the bowl last year.

As of today, I do not think ND is even interested in him. HOWEVER, this transfer QB stuff has been massively on the down low and behind closed doors. It will be really interesting to see what happens with this QB stuff. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Big23Head said:

As of today, I do not think ND is even interested in him. HOWEVER, this transfer QB stuff has been massively on the down low and behind closed doors. It will be really interesting to see what happens with this QB stuff. 

I am irrationally holding out hope for Sam Hartman

Interesting in regard to Virginia Tech WR Kaleb Smith... not sure whether I like it or not. Definitely would be a solid player that you can rely on, but I would almost prefer ND to focus more on the young talent at WR.

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

4 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Tend to agree on the behind the scenes stuff.  I would certainly take the Okie State kid though if there was interest.  Given his performance against us at least in the bowl, the staff would remember him.

Just read up on him and saw he dipped post injury this year in stats.  But wondering what good rest and rehab off-season could do.  Perhaps to his baseline which wasn't terrible.

Edited by jessemoore97

7 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Guys, no worries on the wr front…Salerno returning

Although that does give us a sure-handed punt return...although limited big play potential.  He is what he is.  I don't hate it.  Glad he wants to come back.  Can't blame him.  A good sign of the feeling on the inside if nothing else.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, JeffV said:

Although that does give us a sure-handed punt return...although limited big play potential.  He is what he is.  I don't hate it.  Glad he wants to come back.  Can't blame him.  A good sign of the feeling on the inside if nothing else.

I still don’t understand the knocks on this kid. All this initially-non-scholarship, slow, white wide receiver did was show the coaching staff in the film room, in the locker room, on the practice field, and during games that he offered something more than the more highly recruited scholarship players did. That’s it. How can you knock a guy like that?

Edited by AnTostal
  • Heart 3
  • Leprechaun 1

I don’t understand why we can’t coach up our guys who have more talent…. We have guys with tons of speed and quickness.  Why aren’t they returning punts?  Or playing WR?  We should not have to go to the well like this…

But, nonetheless, good for him.  He’s outworking the other fools, so he’s earned it.

• Heart 2
  • Leprechaun 1