Incoming Transfer Portal Tracker

36 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Will they be a run first team next year? When Coan played they threw like 50 times in the bowl game last year. If Buchner or another runner starts I agree. But if a pocket passer plays I'm not so sure.

Faith, I hear ya but I won’t believe it until I see it consistently. Coan wasn’t a stud until after the Va Tech 2nd half which was deep in the season. The lack of development has gone on for some time at Qb so I just don’t understand the draw. I would love it to change, just don’t have high hopes considering the current make up of the offense and offensive staff. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, BTC4 said:

Faith, I hear ya but I won’t believe it until I see it consistently. Coan wasn’t a stud until after the Va Tech 2nd half which was deep in the season. The lack of development has gone on for some time at Qb so I just don’t understand the draw. I would love it to change, just don’t have high hopes considering the current make up of the offense and offensive staff. 

True. Going to be an interesting off-season.

2 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Mills already plays "big-DE" downs already, right? But Vyper is limited though to 240-260ish types. And have no clue who takes that position next year. Botelho, Nana, Justin (not sure if he has eligibility), or my dark horses... Tuihalamaka or Gobaira. Regardless, we have a lot a bodies. Just need to figure out the new puzzle. 

What would you think of Liufau? Though I can’t say I was impressed with his incessant need to run into a brick wall every time. But coaches seem unwilling to sit him.

• Heart 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SDIrishFan said:

What would you think of Liufau? Though I can’t say I was impressed with his incessant need to run into a brick wall every time. But coaches seem unwilling to sit him.

He'd need to gain 15-20lbs, but not impossible. Not sure about his frame. 

IMO, Junior is more likely. Still young, and would only need 10 lbs... and his frame has plenty room. I wouldn't be shocked if he showed up in the summer 250+ without trying lol. 

• Heart 1

Dasan McCullough, son of ND RB coach Deland McCullough is now in the portal.  Edge rusher who had 4 sacks, 49 tackles and 6.5 tackles for loss as a freshman...Does ND have the inside track?  Apparently, OSU and USC are being considered as well.  Would be nice to get a guy like that to South Bend.

• Heart 4

It would seem likely he's Irish if they want him.  He followed his dad to Indiana out of high school, and his brother has retired from football at Indiana (injuries).

Even better that he plays a need position for ND.  Started as true freshman at Indiana - had some stats.  Big kid, but needs to add some weight.  Some highlights out there, but is he big time?  Sure seems like a fit for ND with the coaching connection and football - how about the ND culture?

49 minutes ago, JeffV said:

It would seem likely he's Irish if they want him.  He followed his dad to Indiana out of high school, and his brother has retired from football at Indiana (injuries).

Even better that he plays a need position for ND.  Started as true freshman at Indiana - had some stats.  Big kid, but needs to add some weight.  Some highlights out there, but is he big time?  Sure seems like a fit for ND with the coaching connection and football - how about the ND culture?

That darn grade thing comes up…what classes did he take?  I would say he is a take but ND has a lot of similar guys already on the roster. They need size if they want to stay with that 3-3-5 defense. I believe that’s why they were looking at Fiske. 

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, coltssb said:

That darn grade thing comes up…what classes did he take?  I would say he is a take but ND has a lot of similar guys already on the roster. They need size if they want to stay with that 3-3-5 defense. I believe that’s why they were looking at Fiske. 

I like Fiske, too.  McCullough is listed 6'5, 225 @ 19 years old, though; more a true edge projection to me.  Fiske seems more of a journeyman would provide good depth across the board.

But ultimately, yeah, do they make the ND "grade" in academics and culture fit.  I guess we'll find out the admins appetite pretty quick here.

• Heart 3

Fiske and McCullough would be a homerun for the DL.

Fiske appears to be Irish and should decide around New Years

McCullough seems to be down to ND and Ohio State. There are some they say Oklahoma is involved, but there are some insiders that do not trust the Oklahoma hype around him. IB says it is 50/50 between ND/OSU

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Heart 3
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, JeffV said:

Admissions is loosening up a bit then, apparently?  Underclassman, Kent St.  Due respect, but makes me think we're being a little more active.

Believe he is a grad transfer, which makes it much, much easier. (Blake Grupe, kicker, came from Arkansas State as a grad transfer).

• Cheers 1

Fair enough, although he (Grupe) had academic awards, too.  But either way, one of the top WRs in the portal has an ND offer (so that's atypical).

Does this stir the WR room?  Would Styles consider leaving now?  I think this freshman class coming in is exciting, but probably takes a year to work in. 

Stuckey is fixing that room up in a hurry!

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, JeffV said:

Fair enough, although he (Grupe) had academic awards, too.  But either way, one of the top WRs in the portal has an ND offer (so that's atypical).

Does this stir the WR room?  Would Styles consider leaving now?  I think this freshman class coming in is exciting, but probably takes a year to work in. 

Stuckey is fixing that room up in a hurry!

Styles hasn’t looked anything like the WR we saw in 2021 vs UNC or OSU. If what we saw this year is what we get in the future, then let him walk. He isn’t going to get playing time at any top school with the effort he put forth this season. 

13 hours ago, InLikeFlynn said:

Dasan McCullough, son of ND RB coach Deland McCullough is now in the portal.  Edge rusher who had 4 sacks, 49 tackles and 6.5 tackles for loss as a freshman...Does ND have the inside track?  Apparently, OSU and USC are being considered as well.  Would be nice to get a guy like that to South Bend.

Only concerns is weight, and system match. 

He had ND offers as a frosh, so that's a good sign. Still, transfer requirements are tough, so let's hope he did well at IU (grade wise, and class choice). 

7 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Fiske and McCullough would be a homerun for the DL.

Fiske appears to be Irish and should decide around New Years

McCullough seems to be down to ND and Ohio State. There are some they say Oklahoma is involved, but there are some insiders that do not trust the Oklahoma hype around him. IB says it is 50/50 between ND/OSU

Two crystals balls to OK at 247. I guess we'll see. Probably easier to go to the B12, then intra B10. 

Venables is a good recruiter, has a nice 23 class, but missing an edge. So great fit for OK. 

6 hours ago, Irish_Thunder said:

Screenshot_20221205_155341.thumb.jpg.c9b466f5c64c77c80313e88c5fa3d1ba.jpg

Great production. And a grad. Would be a huge get. 

57 minutes ago, Irish_Thunder said:

Keagan was out with an injury this passed season, solid the season before. A undergrad with an offer, I like it. We need WR depth. 

Screenshot_20221205_210828.thumb.jpg.b80060473847387f09645aaeca85f6ce.jpg

I prefer Cephas, but would love both. 

• Heart 1