Incoming Transfer Portal Tracker

1 minute ago, EddieAngel said:

I like his closing speed a lot. Don’t care for his pursuit angles. I am only seeing a couple minutes of film but he has room to improve. 
Pros: speed, heavy hitter, good vision for the ball. 
Cons: needs to wrap up better. Bad pursuit angles. Looks like he is out of position a bit.

He'll fit right in

• Laughing Leprechaun 2

Would be great to add more WR talent but ND needs DL talent. Doubt Lucas comes and has been trending more to USC. The Utah State kid visited FSU so that’s up in the air too. Hell they couldnt even get the local-ish kid from the direction MI school.

maybe next year will be one of those weird years where the ND O will have to carry the D. Would be an interesting change. 

CJ Williams is supposed to visit this week, as McGov said above. He could commit shortly after that. Also looking at Wisconsin and West Virginia. I've heard UCLA, but not sure. It seems like he's ND's to lose.

Lucas is not coming. He is PAC-12 bound, likely USC.

ND needs to get two DL. Haven't heard much on anyone besides the kid from Utah State. Losing Fiske to FSU really hurts. What's interesting is that on the Irish Illustrator podcast from Monday, it was implied that the staff did not push for Justin Ademilola to come back. That makes no sense to me as he would have probably been a starter and at worst helps with depth. But what do I know.

Despite the Harper (OK State) commitment and Brown coming back, I think ND needs another safety. Besides Watts, I don't think anyone else in the room is starting material. Never been impressed with Henderson - misses way too many tackles and seems to struggle in coverage.

• Heart 3
  • Trophy 1

A couple of FWIW

UCLA is not currently recruiting CJ Williams, it appears he leaves the west, heading to either the midwest or the south.

Safety is not being recruited right now in the portal unless someone big enters.

It sounds like there will be some ND football players that no longer play football however, they will remain at ND to complete their degrees. Sounds like this may be a new option moving forward for players who want to finish their degree at ND and the football team can pursue players to fill that scholarship. 

These transfer visits are being kept really quiet.

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

A couple of FWIW

UCLA is not currently recruiting CJ Williams, it appears he leaves the west, heading to either the midwest or the south.

Safety is not being recruited right now in the portal unless someone big enters.

It sounds like there will be some ND football players that no longer play football however, they will remain at ND to complete their degrees. Sounds like this may be a new option moving forward for players who want to finish their degree at ND and the football team can pursue players to fill that scholarship. 

These transfer visits are being kept really quiet.

Will be interesting if there is another option. stay on the team, not on scholarship, stay in school, help pay for it with the NIL collective. That is PURE SPECULATION on my part. 

3 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Notre Dame is tight on numbers, Safety is way down on the priority list right now. Even after excluding all the rumored transfers, Notre Dame is still at 90 scholarships.

Yes, but they can always get down to 85 - it's never an issue. Insiders are reporting that there will be at least 6-8 transfers before fall camp. And some guys will get put on medical to make the numbers work.

I agree that safety is ok purely on numbers with the transfer, Brown coming back, and freshman coming in. I just don't see a starting caliber safety minus Watts, who I think we'll be really good next year now that he has finally settled on that position. 

I think DL and safety are huge needs for ND to really compete for a playoff spot. WR has been/is being addressed with Kaleb Smith and hopefully CJ Williams.